Looking for a solid PVE Build

in Ranger

Posted by: Echos.5893

Echos.5893

Hey All,
So I have been looking through the forums for a solid PVE build. I love my ranger and am looking to gear him out and for a solid build. What would you suggest for traits and weapons? Plus pets? I love all styles of the ranger. Any advice? Thank you.
Echos

in Ranger

Posted by: Ariete.6509

Ariete.6509

Read forum stickies.

in Ranger

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I run 30/25/0/15/0 full zerker gear on my Ranger.

Using Sword/Torch (pretty much just fire field only), and Sword/Warhorn. Sigil of Superior Battle on the Sword and Sigil of Night on the Torch/Warhorn.

Pets are Melandru’s Stalker and Red Moa for group might and fury.

Utilities are Troll Unguent or Healing Spring, Frost Spirit, Signet of the Wild, and either Sic’ Em or Quickening Zephyr. Rampage as One as the elite

IV, VII, XI in Marksmanship. I and V in Skirmishing. and IV in Nature Magic

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Ranger

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Good exotic gear and a bow, the ability to kite = killing champions solo, so I’m not sure what you’re looking for. Go condition build with heavy toughness/healing like Settler gear or Apothecary and don’t be dumb with your traits and your golden.

No matter my build or pet I’ve never had an issue pve’n a Ranger.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

I run longbow (rune of battle) / axe,horn (rune of battle, rune of bloodlust) on

berserker gear

20 (spec for pet critical damage and might on critical)
20 (spec for regeneration but could be speced otherwise the second spell is up to you)
30 (take compassion training bleed on crit for feline and drake and pet regeneration)

Signet of the hunt, signet of the wilderness, sic em, healing spring, Rampage as one

Pets are: Jaguard, Drake

This is a physical damage build entirely focused on stacking pet might in order to call in maximum physical damage. You might like it if you dont like sword (tbh i think ranger are meant to stay at ’’Range’’ because having a full melee party is just the same as having no melee at all. Dont consider sword the only avenu just because it deals slightly better damage. This build can be ran with sword as well but im not much of a fan of the melee range when i wear a zerking armor on a ranger not to mention sword does not hit enought target at the same time to proc might on crit as often as longbow and axe does.)

Now how in hell to build up damage? swap weapon as soon as its recharged youl auto proc swiftness fury and 3 stack of might to both you and your pet. Keep swapping up to the maximum number of stack and between that spam all your multi hit to do as many critical hit as possible within the shortest amount of time. This is NOT a pvp build as it was made in mind to deal heavy damage to stationary or multiple target at a time.

Note: There is always the alternative to run this build with a rampager equipment using a shortbow to stack bleed damage. all you need to keep your pet damage happy is a lot of precision. As for power im not sure if the tooltip tells the truth or if its just a darn bug because pet spells pretend to upgrade from power. In any case condition build likely will stack bleed like pro as well as might while power build is gunna deal a lot of actual critical damage

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bishopp.8421

Bishopp.8421

kyubi,

Would you mind expanding on your build, rotation, etc.? I’m new to the Ranger and want to better understand when I should swap, openers, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

Longbow and Axe are rly rly bad weapons in PvE. I canĀ“t call the posted build “solid”.

in Ranger

Posted by: lordhelmos.7623

lordhelmos.7623

To effectively play a ranger in PVE you have to use sword/horn to deal damage. Ranger is generally high risk because sword roots you and locks your dodge. You rely on the guardian’s aegis to survive.

This is really the only way to play ranger competitively PVE wise. While they are improving ranger “support” skills, we all really know there is only one true support class in Gw2, which is the guardian.

The best traits for PVE damage are generally:

Spotter (raise group precision by 150)
Piercing Arrows (with shortbow, never use longbow because it sucks)
Spirit of Frost (%7+ party damage, requires 10 in nature mastery with vigorous spirits to work)
Generally high numbers of points in marks and skirmishing for the precision/raw power.
Traps with 30 skirmishing. When corner pulling, traps are still very good if you are the only condition damage dealer.
Cat pets with at least 10 in skirmishing for might on crit. Stalker and Jaguar are generally the top pve pets. Although the stalker’s F2 generally bugs out 50% of the time, it can grant 5 stacks of might to the group.

Best advice is to take as many traits as you can above, run full glass. I mean EVERYTHING glass with either full rampager (if your doing traps/condi) or preferrably zerker.

(edited by lordhelmos.7623)