Looking for current Leveling Build (@lvl 55+)

in Ranger

Posted by: Khaziel.3164

Khaziel.3164

I recently started messing around with GW2 again… after being away since the first few months the game was out. Since then, of course, they reworked stuff and locked in a bunch of things on my character’s builds that I find… well, sub-optimal. On all my characters I have some free hero points to work with though.

My Ranger is currently level 55 and has about 155 hero points saved up …so enough to max out two specialization paths (or whatever they’re called, sorry I forget some terms). Thing is, most of the info I’ve looked up seems outdated or geared towards end-game, HoT PvP/WvW builds.

I’m looking for a solid SOLO leveling PvE build to go from 55-80 smoothly. You don’t need to get ultra-detailed… I’d be happy with:
Spec 1: X
Spec 2: Y
Spec 3: Z
Weapon Set 1: A
Weapon Set 2: B
Any more info is appreciated, but the above would at least give me a running start…
Thanks in advance for any info!

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQJATRjEqCVKZ1s2y6Xxg1yCXrrlAjQxh73GA9DsBhQKO9AkhB-TVCEgAo7PAdEAYOEAEPAADlgsq/AcBA60For8TMA5B-w

Get lvl 60 blue berserker armor.
I think in the wvw citadel the karma trader has lvl 60 rare weapons or exotics.
Use rare air/bloodlust sigils on bow.
Use superior hydro/intelligence sigils on gs.
Get a cheap power/precision food, get like 10-20 of them.
Super eagle runes are good and cheap.

Use all but speed signet shamelessly, they just there for fury really.

When you can get 3rd traitline go for beast mastery and trait for shouts, 2handed, taunt.

in Ranger

Khaziel.3164

I remember liking Greatsword well enough …but I also remember really liking Sword+Axe combo as well a lot. Liked both bows well too…

in Ranger

Khaziel.3164

Messing with stuff I think I’ve landed on a concept/build that works well for me…

Though I like Greatsword well-enough, I think I’m enjoying Longbow & Sword+Axe better.

I maxed out Marksmanship and Wilderness Survival and am liking the synergy between Remorseless and Wilderness Knowledge (popping Troll Unguent and Quickening Zephyr for buffs + regaining Opening Strike).

That being said, I still have points left and need to pick a third tree to start working on for when I unlock the third spec to equip (still 15 or so levels away).

Both Beastmastery and Skirmishing look good on paper but I’m not sure which would work better. …and of course maybe I’m missing some cool synergy in the other specs entirely. (remember, I don’t have access to Druid)

Any suggestions?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Skirmishingggggggggggg