Make stow pet permanent if required

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

Pet perma stow is reduced damage for the ranger if the ranger chooses to stow the pet…..it does not buff or cause the ranger to become OP and im pretty sure no other class is going to whine that the ranger doesn’t have his pet out in a fight. With that said….all your arguments against not having it are invalid and lacking of an real excuse. Nothing bad is going to happen to the ranger if their pet is away….it just causes less frustration in some areas. Please stop being so kitten over all this its rediculous. Its an option just like if a warrior actually wants to use his adren attacks or not or if a mesmer wants to use their shatters or not. Get over it!

in Ranger

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

The problem I have with pets is that they are not needed while doing jumping puzzles. It annoys me that the pet pops out every time I fall. There’s no key to stow or unstow pets and no way to disable auto-unstow. Also it would be nice to be able to unmount one the pet slots. There are times where I need no pet exposed at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I’ve no idea why a game mechanic would ever be implemented which meant you couldn’t actually stow your pet until you wished to pull it from the ether.

This is a complete joke… it’s a massive hindrance to the Ranger.

Forsaken Fortune mini dungeon and achievement – Ranger Pet? Hmm lets put my pet on Avoid Combat (passive). Yeah right lets triple the difficulty due to the pet running all over the place.
Fractals Lighting Highway – Ranger pet? Lets double the difficulty. If you do get hit your pet now counts as part of you.
Dungeons Generally, The open world, anywhere to be honest. Tell you what lets make sure the pet aggro’s half the world as you cant permanently stow it and as soon as you gain aggro out it pops were it follows its own path pulling even more mobs to its lovely little owner.

SORT IT OUT ……

If this was game design your having a laugh…

Can I suggest: “Stow Pet” ability allow the Ranger to Stow their Pet permanently…..when you first log-in the pet will be summoned.

…doesn’t it defeat the purpose of having a pet? ANET doesn’t want you kiting you know. But if you have to, keep tapping “call” and put on avoid combat; you’ll be fine. I do fine and I’ve run hundreds of dungeons.

And, yes, lighting stairs are kitten.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: WolfHeart.1256

WolfHeart.1256

I’d settle for perma-stow even without an upside like a buff. Just the ability to perma-stow it for situations where it’s needed. I’d much rather use it when it comes to fighting, after all that’s why I made the Ranger…for the pets. My oppinion.

As for the people who are against it (few and far between) I can say I stopped reading what Kasama has to say the moment he said his pet tanks Bosses in dungeons. Obviously we’re playing a different game or his pet is AC’s Cave Troll and I haven’t yet aquired it. Will look into doing that for the purpose of becoming Kasamawesome.

[WOLF] Howlerin || Seafarer’s Rest
“They say you are what you eat.
Which is funny ‘cause I don’t remember eating a f.ing legend”

in Ranger

Posted by: Aliud.3078

Aliud.3078

yeah, there is absolutely no downside to adding a perma-stow with an auto-unstow option. it would be the exact same thing it already is, but with an added option to keep your pet permanently stowed, which in no way adds any sort of advantage to the ranger in combat aside from less agro, which every other profession already has. and i can most definitely sympathize with everyone complaining about jumping puzzles, especially the griffonrook run puzzle. that puzzle forces you to take many large jumps that will give you damage, and out pops your freaking pet every time so it can go and get hit by one of those infernal griffons and tags you into combat, making your jumps twice as hard, and occasionally impossible. there is absolutely no excuse as to why there is not a perma-stow option. its extremely simple, and poses literally no problems with balancing at all. or at the very least, it would be nice to have a hotkey for stow pet.

(edited by Aliud.3078)

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Hey guys.

Stow your pet out of combat. Then enter a tonic form. Enter combat. Exit the tonic form.

Hope this helps some of you.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: Synda Raines.1836

Synda Raines.1836

The whole pet system is flawed and as long as they dont function properly we need a perma stow and no penalty for doing so. I’d even suggest a compensating perma buff for having the patience to keep playing a broken class.

I really wonder how Anet is getting away with it, it’s like buying a brand new car and it breaking down at the first corner after delivery or a new television and it not working after you installed it following the factory instructions. No manufacturer in the world will get away with it without providing a brand new product, free repairs or some form of compensation.

Also I really dont get how Anet screwed this one up. I accept their idea about the ranger being a pet focused class, i really like it, but how on earth did they screw it up so completely while It worked so well in GW 1. They dont have any excuse for the gamebreaking design flaws because the proof it can work great is right under their noses in GW 1. It wont be as simple as copy-paste the GW 1 pet code but they sure as hell know very, very well how it should be done.

It also has nothing to do with l2p. I want to learn to play very much but there’s really no point at the moment.

As a software tester i understand the immense complexity of programming and how changing what looks like just a very minor 5 minute solution issue can potentially crash the whole system. I can live with it knowing the game is barely 8 months old and it will get fixed eventually, it took 8 years to make GW 1 almost perfect. What i cannot live with is the silence from Anet about what they are working on. It’s called customer care.

All we want, i think, is to hear a simple: We are releasing a quick fix (perma stow option without penalty) with the next update, that will stay there untill we can really resolve the issue, but that will probably take 2 years from now.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

This is so stupid….
I love roaming around with my ranger just because the pet pulls all the aggro and I never get hit. Rangers can run from one corner to the other without entering combat because the pet pulls all the aggro instead.
Plus, the ranger class is supposed to make use of the pet, not play without it. Pet is a big advantage too, because you can focus on 2 enemies at once in WvW/PvE.

Anet already said that they won’t make perma-stow available and sure, the pet is not so strong without points in BM, but it is still a percentage of full damage. A warrior is a stronger glass cannon than a ranger without a pet because ranger has attacks that buff their pet.

For those who are annoyed by the aggro; switch pet and all aggro will be lost.

Anet also said that they are working on the ranger.

Releasing a “quick-fix” that allows perma-stow does not fix anything but rather just pushes the problem aside.

@Synda Raines
A car can break down on the first corner for many reasons, and the majority of those are the buyer’s fault.
You are also ignoring the fact that cars of the same model are the same. Either all the cars break down or none.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The ranger is a pet class with all the issues that rangers have pets are one of the biggest.
The rangers that are doing well with the class have learned the quirks of this class.

Why dont they just have a perma stow beause they didnt want to give you another warrior with a bow.

The class is defined by the pets so you should not get a bonus for not having your pet. Pets give you access to over 40 skills.

So I understand where anet is coming from. Its easy to tell how good a ranger is just by seeing how well he keeps his pet alive.

Yes there are times where its impossible but you can tell by how many players get downed.

Give a bonus to rangers who choses not to use thier pets would affect other rangers who want thier pets. You would be lable a noob for the meer fact that you chose to have your pet with you rather than taking the buff.

But fear not I have a solution.
rather than having a perma stow you had the option of keeping your pet dead.
Dont know when it was changed but you had to agree when your pet was ressed.
So I say give an option in the option panel. Pets res query yes or no and a pet query auto yes or no.

Your pet will still be with you but wont aggro anything cuz its dead. (except maw).

There you go a pet but no pet.

the standard for a good ranger would still apply.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

solrik.6028

The ranger is a pet class with all the issues that rangers have pets are one of the biggest.
The rangers that are doing well with the class have learned the quirks of this class.

Why dont they just have a perma stow beause they didnt want to give you another warrior with a bow.

The class is defined by the pets so you should not get a bonus for not having your pet. Pets give you access to over 40 skills.

So I understand where anet is coming from. Its easy to tell how good a ranger is just by seeing how well he keeps his pet alive.

Yes there are times where its impossible but you can tell by how many players get downed.

Give a bonus to rangers who choses not to use thier pets would affect other rangers who want thier pets. You would be lable a noob for the meer fact that you chose to have your pet with you rather than taking the buff.

But fear not I have a solution.
rather than having a perma stow you had the option of keeping your pet dead.
Dont know when it was changed but you had to agree when your pet was ressed.
So I say give an option in the option panel. Pets res query yes or no and a pet query auto yes or no.

Your pet will still be with you but wont aggro anything cuz its dead. (except maw).

There you go a pet but no pet.

the standard for a good ranger would still apply.

That is the same thing as perma-stow -.-

in Ranger

Posted by: Synda Raines.1836

Synda Raines.1836

This is so stupid….
I love roaming around with my ranger just because the pet pulls all the aggro and I never get hit. Rangers can run from one corner to the other without entering combat because the pet pulls all the aggro instead.
Plus, the ranger class is supposed to make use of the pet, not play without it. Pet is a big advantage too, because you can focus on 2 enemies at once in WvW/PvE.

Anet already said that they won’t make perma-stow available and sure, the pet is not so strong without points in BM, but it is still a percentage of full damage. A warrior is a stronger glass cannon than a ranger without a pet because ranger has attacks that buff their pet.

For those who are annoyed by the aggro; switch pet and all aggro will be lost.

Anet also said that they are working on the ranger.

Releasing a “quick-fix” that allows perma-stow does not fix anything but rather just pushes the problem aside.

@Synda Raines
A car can break down on the first corner for many reasons, and the majority of those are the buyer’s fault.
You are also ignoring the fact that cars of the same model are the same. Either all the cars break down or none.

Let me be clear that i have all the faith in Anet that it will be fixed and that they are really putting in alot of effort. And i wont stop playing my ranger as so many apparently have. I will admit that perhaps i’m looking at it to much from the GW 1 point of view where beastmaster was truly great and fun to play. But right now it is’nt (yet).

But the important thing is admitting that it’s broken in the first place and the annoy factor is very high for the majority of players, it does not do any good for the ranger as a class. A quick fix will certainly not push aside the problem but by providing this temporary fix they show that they really care and It will buy them credit and time to fix it and outshine themselves when they release a real fix.

As for the car breaking down is the buyers fault part. Believe me, when a brand new car straight from the showroom breaks down at the first corner it is not the buyers fault. Having worked at a car dealership i can also confirm that:

“that cars of the same model are the same. Either all the cars break down or none”

is untrue. Not wanting to go to much off topic, but 2 cars with vin numbers identifying them as build on the same day in the same plant and both sold new. One doing 90k kilometers within a year without so much as a broken lightbulb the other being send back to the factory after 5000 kilometers because it unexplainably broke down 6 times within those 5000 kilomters and the owner being offered a new car of the same model that he still drives, this time without a problem, 6 years later.

in Ranger

solrik.6028

Let me be clear that i have all the faith in Anet that it will be fixed and that they are really putting in alot of effort. And i wont stop playing my ranger as so many apparently have. I will admit that perhaps i’m looking at it to much from the GW 1 point of view where beastmaster was truly great and fun to play. But right now it is’nt (yet).

But the important thing is admitting that it’s broken in the first place and the annoy factor is very high for the majority of players, it does not do any good for the ranger as a class. A quick fix will certainly not push aside the problem but by providing this temporary fix they show that they really care and It will buy them credit and time to fix it and outshine themselves when they release a real fix.

As for the car breaking down is the buyers fault part. Believe me, when a brand new car straight from the showroom breaks down at the first corner it is not the buyers fault. Having worked at a car dealership i can also confirm that:

“that cars of the same model are the same. Either all the cars break down or none”

is untrue. Not wanting to go to much off topic, but 2 cars with vin numbers identifying them as build on the same day in the same plant and both sold new. One doing 90k kilometers within a year without so much as a broken lightbulb the other being send back to the factory after 5000 kilometers because it unexplainably broke down 6 times within those 5000 kilomters and the owner being offered a new car of the same model that he still drives, this time without a problem, 6 years later.

The factory where the cars are built are totally dust-free and robotics are used to assemble the car with lasers and marginals of a nm (or less).

The 90k km guy has obviously different driving habits than the 5k guy.
Some people like to avoid the holes on the road but some just do not care. It’s not the car that causes the breakdown. One driver might accelerate at a steady pace, while the other might like to push it a little more.

Anyway, my point is that this is how the game is right now. I was about to give up on the ranger when I reached level 80 but started to enjoy it more after learning how the current AI works.

We should not discuss this further, as this will not lead anywhere.