More melee Ranger vods!?

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Yeah!

I was asked to stream some power melee ranger game play in WvW. As most of you know I play lb/gs power ranger in PvP. It was a nice change of pace. After a pretty lonely few hours of roaming and setting up an asura for technobabble I threw together this build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNAsXRnMqANsgluB2CCctgh/gaLiMIA4PIs3gPN+hh/iJqqC-TlCGABJcEAQ4EAgiKBTpEkIlXts/AJq7AwDA4SlIFcIAAA-w.

To jump to some action:
http://www.twitch.tv/eurantien/b/681186133?t=3h13m20s

For some context:
I’m not sure how but this thief and I kind of got into a grudge match. He kept jumping me so i pulled out the lb and we went back and forth a bit. Then when I felt satisfied I had killed him enough (i know I know, shame on me) i swapped back to s/a and gs and dealt with the thief some more. Afterwords some more people showed up and there was quite a bit of dueling that went on for the remainder of the stream, mostly vs a mesmer. Take a look if you’re interested. Was my first time really running s/a and gs besides in the lobby of the mists, it was a pretty fun set up!

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Some great fights there mate, you really must have made that thief rage lol.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Nice duels, also asura go “sic ’em” on normally commanding pet to attack? got me confused a few times watching that ( I never played an asura)

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Nice duels, also asura go “sic ’em” on normally commanding pet to attack? got me confused a few times watching that ( I never played an asura)

Yeah, that got me a few times too, I was looking around for the other Ranger.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Yep, got me as well, but I rewinded and saw no revealed appear on the thief.

• Does using Sick ’em use the same sound effect?

At some point you hover over your food buffs and it shows +24% condition duration.

• Why are you using condition duration food?
  • Shouldn’t you be using Super Veggi Pizza instead?

The thief in the end rage quit You got exp while he was only downed, so he must have used Alt+F4.

(edited by Holland.9351)

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I thought it was -24% condi duration with vitality, ie, Bowl of Dilled Clam Chowder. In which case I was going to suggest using the Loaf of Saffron Bread since it too is cheap and has the added bonus of -20% damage while disabled which is pretty great when duelling. But, the quality was not good on my end, so may have read the tooltip incorrectly.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

The reason I had + condi duration food on was because I made that character last night, went through the leveling chests, picked the buffet of mushroom pizza and put it out and ate from it at one point. Giving me + condi duration. The food was worthless haha.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Fun watch. The video cut out after 5 min or so? But still fun to watch. That thief dropped so quickly so many times. You seem to really enjoy that trait spread huh? Saw you using that on your LB/GS build in pvp as well.

Have you tried using storm spirit at all? I know it doesn’t work with Moment of Clarity, but the cooldown is very short, damage is decent, and it’s on a very short cooldown. Maybe not optimal, but it seems like some fun could be had there.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

I’m not sure why it cut out after 5 min or so for you, it does seem to stutter or “freeze” at certain points though. Not really sure what to do about that, it is probably my internet connection during the stream.

I do really like MM, Skirm, and BM. It offers everything I want, better CC and damage with MM (MoC), Skirm provided condi clear in terms of HS and great synergy with quickdraw, fury on swap is also great. Then BM is just too good not to take with how strong BW is.

I originally considered storm spirit before taking spike trap in my build. I would be too afraid that it would randomly die from cleave or get blinded during its cast time. Its just not something I want to deal with.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Hi Eura, nice vid.
Realy wanted to c the “blind” play with pets F2 cancellation, but you changed to RT:(
Another thing which makes me wounder, why are you so glassy while the “unfair” elemnet of remorseless build is the “free” crit chance?
Somthing like –
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNAsXRjMqQLLWuCOsAXLG+Dq91zgAg/g8dD+j/HG+T2VlqA-T1BHABRpEs5TBwY6D+T9HjU+BwTAYm9HIFQVatA-w
or –
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNQQNAsXRjMqQLLWuCWsAXLG+Dq91zgAg/g8dD+j/HG+T2VlqA-T1BHwARVCOWfwf1fMq8DwTAQ1+DDOFAkCgJtWA-w

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Nice video build looks fun think ill play around with different ranger builds a bit more instead of only playing the good old tried and true LB/GS (only ranger build I play atm)

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Eurantien.4632

I literally threw that Asura together in about 20 minutes, and just had berserker armor boxes from PvP just lying around. The build I was playing with was in no way optimized.

More melee Ranger vods!?

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I literally threw that Asura together in about 20 minutes, and just had berserker armor boxes from PvP just lying around. The build I was playing with was in no way optimized.

Understood sir /15 char