Make Axe melee, add new actual ranged weapon

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

I always felt that throwing axes is kind of thematically stupid. If you were using an axe, you might throw it in rare circumstances but generally you’d be actually fighting with it. You’d also have no way of carrying around dozens to throw around randomly at targets.

They need to just redesign axes to be a melee weapon and replace their current role with something new like a boomerang/chakram type weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: GUFF.5692

GUFF.5692

No offense, but no. We don’t need new weapons, new skills, new pets or even new traits. We need what we already have fixed first before anything new is added.

Sarhaz [CDS]

I was a ranger before shortbow had 1200m range AND after it didn’t…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

Thematically stupid? Like half-cow half-cat toons? like blinking, teleporting, conjuring, obedient scorpians and spiders, talking rats, ect ………..

Please, for the love of god, don’t suggest to the nerf crazy devs yet another manner to nerf this class.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in Ranger

Posted by: cocodragon.7916

cocodragon.7916

Please delete this topic before the axe gets screwed as well!

in Ranger

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

What, with the nerf to SB range because it was silly to be same range of LB, do you really think axes won’t be nerfed to 600 yards or less because it’s silly to have axes thrown the same distance as shot arrows?

in Ranger

Posted by: Raze.8467

Raze.8467

Axe throwing’s cool just because throwing weapons never get to be a thing in mmos. You might get a cd to throw a weapon, but it doesn’t get to be it’s own style. It’s always just bows, firearms or magic for ranged.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Next he’s going to wonder where the freezer is that we store all our Winter’s Blades in…

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

I believe it would be possible to throw an ax the range of a short bow. While shooting with accuratecy one wone be able to shoot a kill a target at 35-75 yards maxium depending on the bow. While a arrow can fly 300 -400 yards with a 45 degree shot it wont kill most anything except an rabbit but chance are you wouldnt hit it anyway.

With that said it is quite possible to throw an axe the distance of 50 yards in the real world. So why is it so hard to believe it in a game.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

This is a world where the dead rise and dragons exists. People are too lazy to feed their own cows and water their crops. This is a world where clones are made out of thin air and the night sky can be seen in the day through a weapon skin. THIS IS TYRIA!

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rottaran Owain.6789

Rottaran Owain.6789

You think throwing axes is stupid? Ok, don’t use axes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Keep the axe as it is I like it, however I wouldn’t say no to new weapons being introduced, crossbow comes to mind, I badly want a crossbow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Melee axe, throwing dagger mainhand!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I believe it would be possible to throw an ax the range of a short bow. While shooting with accuratecy one wone be able to shoot a kill a target at 35-75 yards maxium depending on the bow. While a arrow can fly 300 -400 yards with a 45 degree shot it wont kill most anything except an rabbit but chance are you wouldnt hit it anyway.

With that said it is quite possible to throw an axe the distance of 50 yards in the real world. So why is it so hard to believe it in a game.

I can’t believe there is someone that believes that you can throw an axe as far as you can shoot a bow!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jabronee.9465

Jabronee.9465

I can’t believe there is someone that believes that you can throw an axe as far as you can shoot a bow!

lol since irl situation was mentioned, tell this someone (since we cant mentioned names) to stand facing us with his/her axe while we holding a SB on a real life Bow distance.
Or no need for SB.. just use a Slingshot armed with Spikeballs and lets see who gonna get hit.

edit: For best result let Dev be the ones holding the axe

(edited by Jabronee.9465)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If some average joe can do it, I’d imagine an adventurer, who in most RPGs are better than average people in every way, could do it….
#/watch?v=njG1STYKMF8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DnjG1STYKMF8

Oh yeah, OP, two things to solve your axe issues
1) There are these fancy things in existence called Throwing Axes, which is what rangers use.

2) Conjuration magic does wonders for making it so you never run out of ammunition.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Hey, my ranger can throw a lit torch further than she can shoot an arrow (1200 with OH trait versus 900 SB range).

Actually, I’m not sure what she’s throwing, as the real torch never leaves her hand.

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Ok, I’ll concede – maybe it’s not so much that I hate axe as a ranged weapon as it is that I want axe as a melee weapon. Plus, I think they can think of cooler actual ranged weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

@ OP

No.

I would love to see a new weapon though – perhaps a whip or something – or at least for rangers to have access to the Rifle. That would be sweet.

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Next he’s going to wonder where the freezer is that we store all our Winter’s Blades in…

That’s a trade secret.

Also, this thread is stupid on multiple levels. Here are two.

1. Throwing axes is awesome.
2. We already have melee axe.

Thanks for posting!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Ok, I’ll concede – maybe it’s not so much that I hate axe as a ranged weapon as it is that I want axe as a melee weapon. Plus, I think they can think of cooler actual ranged weapons.

If only we could “Switch Stances” or something with our Axes instead of swapping weapons, i’d love to go from throwing axes into someones face to chopping them to bits in melee, it’d certainly make Axe/Axe my favorite weapon pairing for ranger…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

give us throwing spears back

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I seeing as how no one has these yet it’s just a matter of time =D! I’m thinking Elona….

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I seeing as how no one has these yet it’s just a matter of time =D! I’m thinking Elona….

it should have been in from the start….same with the scythe, its like the completely forgot that people travel and will bring the skills with them!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.