Make Sic 'Em viable in WvW / PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: Nafets.1238

Nafets.1238

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em!%22

Change target reveal to AoE reveal up to 5 targets for a specific radius.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Sic Em is quite good as it is. The only thing I would wish for it is a slightly lowered cooldown. (Maybe Unblockable on the pet for the original cooldown)

The damage boost and superspeed on the pet make up for the lack of aoe. But it does so in builds that focus on enhancing the pet further.

The currently popular builds don’t make good use of it just for how they are designed and what the goals of the build are.

But other builds (Mine for example) use it as a staple and I get rather incredible performance out of it.

Its not just a reveal after all. Though that is all anyone seems to know how to use it for.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

5 targets would make it super nice however I’d rather it just reveal one target aoe like warriors on my mark and give a buff like all the other shouts, (maybe 2 secs of quickness or fury)

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I just want it to work like “On My Mark!” where it can be used without a target, which ends up revealing the closest foe within range. Add a boon like Fury as Eleazar mentioned since it was the only shout left out of the rework and does not provide a boon baseline.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: GUFF.5692

GUFF.5692

How about adding this to Sic Em:

“You and your pets next three attacks are critical hits.”

or

“For the next three seconds you and your pets attacks are critical hits.”

Sarhaz [CDS]

I was a ranger before shortbow had 1200m range AND after it didn’t…

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

Sic ’Em providing Fury while also revealing without the need of a target would be perfect.
It might even have an additional use/option on a Remorseless build like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I definitely agree another source of fury would be nice. Especially for Beast mastery/shout builds. I won’t say we don’t already have alot of sources we certainly do. But atleast in the current PvP meta trying to keep boons on you is almost impossible. Nearly every player is running annulment now after all. Makes trying to run a boon based build a losing battle without multiple sources.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Funny, a guildie and I were talking about this skill just yesterday – I’ve often suggested tweaks to it in the past, I’ll use this thread to share them once again!

• Lower Radius to 900 BUT be applied without target, in an AoE
  • Apply Reveal 6s to enemy
  • Pet gains Sic ’em 10s (40% speed, damage)
  • You and your pet gain 8s Fury
  • Maybe lower base CD to 35s? Traited would be 28s

The FURY would add a boon to this boonless shout (every other shout apply a boon in some way)

Additionnally, I would often suggest to change the marksmanship trait ’Predator’s Instinct’ to

Cast ’Sic’em!’ to foes you hit while they are below the health threshold. – share the same CD as the shout, so 40s base or 32s traited, and threshold being 50% health.

I mean it’s called ’Predator’s Instinct’ – a reveal on a stealthed foe kinda matches that theme! Somewhat situational, but if not for the reveal, you also gain fury, pet gains 10s of 40% speed and dmg and when traited, swift and regen!

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

While were at it,

• Make Guard! usable underwater… It’s no longer ground targeted and the effect is different now
  • Change the core regen from Search and Rescue! to Resistance perhaps? All other professions with shouts have at least 1 shout with an effect related to conditions, except for ranger. Furthermore, traited shouts simply makes the regen redundant.
  • Since the nerf to Strength of the Pack! we could really see a reduction to the CD back to 60s – it no longer pulses, boonstrip and bye bye.

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em!%22

Change target reveal to AoE reveal up to 5 targets for a specific radius.

How about making it last for the time it says in the tooltip, which it never, ever does…

Three seconds, that’s the norm every single time, unless it’s even less – so tell me how those who can go invisible are getting out of revealed?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: andy.7813

andy.7813

Sic’em does have way to long cd for what it is now, and tbh its useless skill atm. It should work like this :

• keep the cd as it is
  • on use pet teleports to the target, knocks target down and cast reveal.

That way it would have some use in the fight, but we will never get any good updates and changes. Devs neglected ranger class since day 1, look how they destroyed “S&R” , it was nice shout for a month .Or how the nerf to the ground “protect me”. I have no faith in ranger dev, this class is a king of garbage skills on long cd’s.

(edited by andy.7813)

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

[…] Devs neglected ranger class since day 1, look how they destroyed “S&R” , it was nice shout for a month .Or how the nerf to the ground “protect me”. I have no faith in ranger dev, this class is a king of garbage skills on long cd’s.

Woah woah!

Since day 1?

Nah there was some necessary/good balance/buffs in the past 5 years.

S&R wasn’t ‘destroyed’ – it was overly buffed, then balanced to something reasonable. Remember it used to run on a 85s CD and the pet would rush (not teleport) to an ally, it’d only work once in a while, and it wouldn’t teleport back to your feet either

Protect me used to be 60s CD and it would effectively pretty much kill the pet, and the stun break was personal and not team-wide.

And those are just 2 skills, plenty of skills and traits have been tweaked or reworked for the best

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Search and rescue sucks now, love the rework it was way to strong initially but the range on/CD on it makes it pretty lame now as it barely gets your downed out of aoe,

They should buff it to 50 secs CD and 800 range, as is your better off taking a sig to cleanse/negate damage when you rez

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP