Make the F2 skill changable

in Ranger

Posted by: Pug.7564

Pug.7564

I suggest that we should be able to change our F2 skill to one of the other pet skills. For example, for leveling, I want my bird to use his blinding ability on cooldown but I want to be able to activate his Swiftness buff on demand. Let us choose which ability we can use on demand.

If this already is a feature in the game, please inform me. I haven’t found it anywhere.

in Ranger

Posted by: jG Geej.6459

jG Geej.6459

I support this. In fact, I would like to be able to bind any and all of their abilities to make better use of them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wulfsbayne.8401

Wulfsbayne.8401

I would imagine that the reason this is the way it is is for balancing purposes. If you could spam (or activate) any of the pet abilities on demand vs having the set F2 skill with the AI dealing with the rest, it would be much harder to balance the cooldowns.

I completely understand why people would like to have this, heck I know I would myself. But if you think about it for a minute, there has to be a reason behind it being set up the way it is, and I just consider all the other pet abilities on “auto fire” like a WoW hunter setting claw and bite =D

Main: Dariak Wulfsbayne (Norn Ranger)
Proud member of [OMFG]

in Ranger

Posted by: Xenos.1072

Xenos.1072

Being able to switch which ability gets used would be nice, especially for the birds and swiftness, man that would be great. For now though id be happy with being able to set the f2 to auto cast.

Im sure we will see a pet overhaul in a few months. /hope

in Ranger

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

i also think this is balancing issues yet. some skills are clearly better than others in pvp, and arenanet would encourage variety in that.

for example, wolf has AOE 2 second fear and that’s very good in PVP. the down side to this is that the wolf is the only one with this fear skill (in addition to having a charge skill that involves knocking the opponent down)

in Ranger

Posted by: Brooksy.5039

Brooksy.5039

I fully support this. I wish there were more skills to pick from on a pet, because honestly some of the pets have really nice stats and abilities, but a bad special ability. I would love to use a Pig or something in combat but I don’t think searching out special weapons is going to aide me too much in combat.

Representing Maguuma Server [EYO]
Cwbrooksy – Level 80 Ranger
I Am Brooksy – Mesmer – Will be 80 some day

in Ranger

Posted by: Binaryravenx.2781

Binaryravenx.2781

I’d support this as well.

Vaxra – Sword/Dagger Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I would love to use a Pig or something in combat but I don’t think searching out special weapons is going to aide me too much in combat.

Actually, you’d be surprised. Each of the 4 porcine pets have different items they Forage. They’re quite useful. Pigs dig up really nice healing items (including invulnerability), which could be great for a full-support build. Warthogs dig up nice condition-giving combo field initiators. Boars can give you fear/stun/knockdown items. Siamoth net stealth and boon items. These could come in quite handy with melee and support builds.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I would love to use a Pig or something in combat but I don’t think searching out special weapons is going to aide me too much in combat.

Actually, you’d be surprised. Each of the 4 porcine pets have different items they Forage. They’re quite useful. Pigs dig up really nice healing items (including invulnerability), which could be great for a full-support build. Warthogs dig up nice condition-giving combo field initiators. Boars can give you fear/stun/knockdown items. Siamoth net stealth and boon items. These could come in quite handy with melee and support builds.

Adding onto this, the Siamoth has a 50% chance to find an item that will aoe blind and put you in stealth and a 50% chance to give you a glob of ecto plasam, which is something you eat and gain EVERY BOON for 10s, it’s pretty freaking amazing if you ask me…

@OP Personally, i think it’d be a bit OP if we could choose which F2 to have… however, if they do make the change i will have absolutely 0 issue with abusing the kitten out of that!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna