Making a Ranger soon. Have a question.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I have HoT, but won’t have Druid maxed for a while.

Is http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Ranger_-_S/A_LB_Spotter a good build to run?

Also will Force and Air work for Sigils?

Thanks for any input

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Stay away from metabattle and just play the game. You’ll wind up finding builds that work.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

If its for pve metabattle builds are generally pretty good and updated

in Ranger

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Stay away from metabattle and just play the game. You’ll wind up finding builds that work.

I usually change things anyway, but when you’re new to a class, builds can explain the play styles of the class and how to succeed at doing your job the best.

Ranger comes off as a support/DPS class. It seems pretty active. I currently play a Guardian, so I wanted to make Ranger my second class.

I guess the only thing I wonder is if pets are really as important as people say they are. Like, I’d want to use a Snow Owl.

I’d like to use the Greatsword with Longbow, but it’s whatever. Might find a build like that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

I usually change things anyway, but when you’re new to a class, builds can explain the play styles of the class and how to succeed at doing your job the best.

Ranger comes off as a support/DPS class. It seems pretty active. I currently play a Guardian, so I wanted to make Ranger my second class.

I guess the only thing I wonder is if pets are really as important as people say they are. Like, I’d want to use a Snow Owl.

I’d like to use the Greatsword with Longbow, but it’s whatever. Might find a build like that.

Yes that’s a good build on metabattle, that’s our dps setup for core ranger.

pets are very important, they count for 25-30% of our dps so if you don’t see huge numbers for yourself that’s why. Birds and Cats are good for dps, drakes are decent dps with more survivability and bears are low dps but high survivability.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Sees title, considers giving advice, clicks title

clicks link

“AAAHHH!!! EEEWWWW!! WHAT? oh, PvE”

closes link

negates from posting in thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Sees title, considers giving advice, clicks title

clicks link

“AAAHHH!!! EEEWWWW!! WHAT? oh, PvE”

closes link

negates from posting in thread

You still posted in the thread bro.

Nice try though.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690