Marksmanship awesome, skirmishing rubbish?

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Why are there so many good traits in marksmanship, while skirmishing is terrible?

Honestly, I could easily pick 9+ traits from marksmanship…while skirmishing I struggle to pick more than 1…

Can’t 3-4 of the traits in marksmanship be moved to skirmishing? Some of the traits would probably make more sense in skirmishing anyway…

in Ranger

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

For lvling, skirmishing rocks.
+10% crit dmg, Pets heal, and you bleed on crits. Makes axes godlike lvling/pve.

Also, Precision+Crit dmg > Power!

in Ranger

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Sharpened Edges – Bleed on crit
Quick Draw – 20% faster long/short bow cooldowns.
Trappers Expertise
Trap Potency
Pets Prowess

All of those are good…depending on build. Not exactly sure how moment of clarity works..so don’t know about that one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Gaining fury on weapon swap is awesome. I love going at least 15 pts in skirmishing for my builds.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

I prefer skirmishing to marksmanship so….

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I prefer marksmen to skirmishing. I like more traits in the former than the latter. I’d really like to see some of the traits in marksmen line consolidated like eagle eye and piercing. I like the companion’s might, quick draw, and trappers expertise… although I really only use trappers ex for jormag tagging and from time to time in wvw zerging.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Well, it depends entirely on your build and prefered weapon. My main is a Longbow ranger, it’s a power based weapon and Marksmen is power and bow-centric so it made sense to go 30 in it. And while the master trait in skirmish about longbow is nice, I’m not willing to give up some other things to get it.

My new ranger is axe main hand. I went 20 into skirmisher for Honed Axes. If I wasn’t going Beastmastery 30 I would have gone for Trap Potency.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

All of those are good…depending on build. Not exactly sure how moment of clarity works..so don’t know about that one.

moment of clarity doesnt work. I’ve tried to make it work, but unless that “extra” attack is meant for the pet, i get nothing from it.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

moment of clarity doesnt work. I’ve tried to make it work, but unless that “extra” attack is meant for the pet, i get nothing from it.

Moment of Clarity definitely works, and it’s very powerful on the greatsword in conjunction with maul. Not as much on shortbow or longbow. You have to land an interrupt for it to work (the “interrupt” text needs to appear on screen), and your next attack will hit for 150% damage. So in the case of the GS, you interrupt with GS5, then hit maul for tons of damage. You have to be fast though, or you’ll waste the attack of opportunity on your autoattack.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I think skirmishing is still way better, but there have been some improvements to several traits in the marksman line making it a much better option now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I think skirmishing is still way better, but there have been some improvements to several traits in the marksman line making it a much better option now.

Skirmishing is more versatile, it has lots of useful traits for different builds. Marksmanship is useful mainly for power builds, but it does have a few useful traits in there for any ranger. Spotter now gives 150 precision to nearby allies, and anyone that uses a bow should want Piercing Arrows.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

Skirmishing is a great line other than the fact that trap traits, a set of condition weapons, don’t belong in a precision line.

Marksman trait line, on the other hand, has severely underwhelming minor traits, and even with the change Remorseless is a step short of useless as a grandmaster trait. Opening strikes should be regained on kill inherently to put it on an even playing field with other classes power line minor traits. The fact that you have to use a grandmaster trait to make it half decent is absolutely absurd. Marksman needs the most work of any Ranger trait line.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Complete-Ranger-class-suggestions/first#post2305313

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

(edited by Khayoss.2019)