Math: Condition Damage : Old vs New

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

“Sic Em!” currently is not good, as it is mainly used for the revealed part, but that is due to pets not being all that good. After the patch, with fully traited BM Hawk/Owl/Raven etc it will be massive. A 40% increase to the already huge increase in damage is going to make it crazy good on a 32s CD.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

“Sic Em!” currently is not good, as it is mainly used for the revealed part, but that is due to pets not being all that good. After the patch, with fully traited BM Hawk/Owl/Raven etc it will be massive. A 40% increase to the already huge increase in damage is going to make it crazy good on a 32s CD.

I actually feel like Sic Em is not the problem. +40% movement speed and pet damage is pretty strong. The problem is pet AI. If it were a little smarter, Sic Em would probably be a lot more powerful.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Reveal currently isn’t a necessary mechanic, BUT if Sic ’em worked like a ward around the pet, that would be cool. so for example, activating it would allow the pet to detect stealthed players in a 600-900 radius for X seconds. if ranger is in trouble, he just stays near the pet.

Sic ’Em also needs to give something to the ranger, like 6 stacks of might or so. it would also need its cd lowered by at least 5-6 seconds.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I actually feel like Sic Em is not the problem. +40% movement speed and pet damage is pretty strong. The problem is pet AI. If it were a little smarter, Sic Em would probably be a lot more powerful.

I agree. If pets could reliably hit you would be happy to buff the crap out of them.

Maybe if they added stability to it, it would be a good skill.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I agree. If pets could reliably hit you would be happy to buff the crap out of them.

See, I don’t see that as a problem, I just wait for an immob or entangle etc before using it, with a bird, the +40% helps them stay close and the 300 range AA deals good damage. It’s only going to get better. I used to love this thing with Intimidation Training, you could F2, Sic Em and the pet wrecked face. Other pets could use an increase to AA range to compete with birds though.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

See, I don’t see that as a problem, I just wait for an immob or entangle etc before using it, with a bird, the +40% helps them stay close and the 300 range AA deals good damage. It’s only going to get better. I used to love this thing with Intimidation Training, you could F2, Sic Em and the pet wrecked face. Other pets could use an increase to AA range to compete with birds though.

It is a problem if you have to invest in so many CCs just to get Sic Em or even our class mechanic to work properly.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Sword AA Cripples
Sword #2 Cripples
MH Axe #3 Chills
OH Dagger #5 Cripples
OH Horn #5 Swiftness et al. to Pet
Greatsword #4 Cripples
Shortbow #4 Cripples
Longbow #3 Swiftness to Pet
Longbow #5 Cripples

I think with the weapon skills alone we have enough CCs for that to not be a problem. Throw in utilities, sigils, and/or runes and it becomes even less of an issue.
Throw in some pets applying CC as well … now you just need to use the right tools for whatever content you’re playing in.

This is how I’ve always viewed it … on my Ranger and on my other classes.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I agree, we have the tools at our disposal to make the pet work, so its our own fault if we do not use them to the fullest advantage.

Warriors don’t just run around randomly eviscerating, they use Shield Bash or Tremor then Eviscerate, or Bulls Charge to 100b, many other examples, but those come to mind.

I often wonder what a perfect pet would be like for most Rangers, imo, it would be super OP. You just cannot have really good AI doing the work for you, its too good.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Sic um + taunt set up.