May 14th Update

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

Taken from here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-May-14-2013

“Ranger

Fixed a bug that caused the projectile speed of the following axe skills to be 75% of their intended speed:
Ricochet
Splitblade
Winter’s Bite
Path of Scars

Juvenile Rainbow Jellyfish now uses a unique model."

am I the only one who hasn’t noticed slower than normal axe speed before? even as an axe user :/?

(edited by ehjhey.1894)

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wait…you mean axes will be faster now? They might actually be useable now…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

I’m not sure if they’ll be faster per-say. It may have just been a bug that made those skills slower occasionally or something :/

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

“Supply Removal Trap
Removes 5 supply from enemies affected by the trap.

Stealth Disruptor Trap
Removes stealth from enemies and reveals them for 30 seconds, preventing stealth."

I’m mostly excited about those traps!

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Useless in PvP.
Winter’s bite hooks to targets, splitblade is never used at a range and offhand axe is useless.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Kau.8495

Kau.8495

offhand axe is far from useless, or maybe i play a different game or something :|

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Still no real fix for the ranger, broken traits….long bow issues like being blocked by an invisible gust of wind etc. Although Engineers had their traits for turrets fixed….we have only been waiting how long now?

The traps are the best looking part of the patch, just wish they had actually included some information about them since they cant seem to get a test server working. Like how long does the trap remain active after triggered? Is it just bam any one in the 1200 range is affected and thats it or does it linger like a fire trap?

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

WHAT! The Juvenile Rainbow Jellyfish now uses a unique model!

oh and something about axes….

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

To be fair, no one got fixes this patch.

Remember, as per their SotG, last patch was their final patch of their first balance patch. Don’t expect anything new and/or significant for a while.

NSP Why bother?….

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

To be fair, no one got fixes this patch.

Remember, as per their SotG, last patch was their final patch of their first balance patch. Don’t expect anything new and/or significant for a while.

Engineer turrets and their broken traits were fixed.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Axe mh attacks were slowed waaaaaay down, I submitted a ticket weeks ago after I recorded my video.

Axe rocks.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Oh how nice, a new skin for a HoM pet. Now, can anyone confirm they actually fixed HoM pets to begin with? Because I’m pretty sure they still have their pre health update stats.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

ARGH. WHEN will we get an update we really, really need?

Pets that still can’t hit moving targets properly? (Come ON, pets are a huge part of our damage output)

Longbow skill 1 that is both too slow and can’t hit unless on perfectly level ground?

Somewhat underpowered shortbow? (Though not as much of an issue as the two above)

A comparatively poor utility set and traitline?

TERRIBLE spirits?

I guess I will be interested to see how the axe performs now, but seriously Anet, step it up and give us the updates we desperately need!

Also question – does anyone know if there will be a ‘big’ update/patch at the end of May?

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Ricochet still does miserable damage. Garbage auto.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Yay axe buffs!

I’ve actually taken a new liking to the axe recently and this benefits me greatly. Was it faster before? I’ve always thought of the axe as a medium range weapon, if it’s projectile moves faster, it would be more fun for me

1k crits from ricochet on a 30/30/5/0/5 build seems pretty decent to me.

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

I’m not sure what axe you’re using, but my axe auto damage is quite good, around 1500 dmg on crits per bounce.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

All anyone does is complain. Rangers are one of the best classes in the game. L2P

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Assassin.7890

Assassin.7890

Who can use these new traps? Are they new implemented skills only for rangers? Doubt it… Does anyone know where to get them, do they cost money and are they only for wvw?

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: zTales.4392

zTales.4392

Who can use these new traps? Are they new implemented skills only for rangers? Doubt it… Does anyone know where to get them, do they cost money and are they only for wvw?

They’re 15 badges and 525 Karma. Anyone can use them. They cost 10 supply to build.

Bri Dragonblight – Ranger | Bri Iceblight – Guardian
Northern Shiverpeaks

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

All anyone does is complain. Rangers are one of the most fun classes in the game.

fixed.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

This works out to a 34% projectile speed buff, for anyone who’s counting. I love these axe buffs. TY ANET!

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

You know, I might actually try the axe with my zerker build and see how well it combines with quickness…

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Faster axe+less time for opponent to react=Hit! Win! Give your pet a biscuit!

As a condition bunker BM who uses axe/torch I’m happy.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Axe off hand needs something. Even full zerker the auto attack does more damage than the axe 5.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

You know, I might actually try the axe with my zerker build and see how well it combines with quickness…

You played berserker without axe/axe? You are missing out, dude! Dual axes FTW. Path of scars is actually really strong if you can line it up. And whirling defense is so good. A lot of people complain about being stuck but I only use it long enough to reflect the projectile, which might only be a half second. Or else I use it offensively, hit my invuln (traited sig. Of stone), and stack on the dungeon boss. The vulnerability is applied before the hit too. Finally, winter’s bite is so good in so many situations: vs grub in arah, vs vigor professions in spvp or wvw, vs a dungeon boss to just slow them down and produce weakness and some glancing blows. And the ricochet is fantasic to get bags in Orr or WvW or to just flat out pwn a mob.

And now people won’t be able to outrun that winter’s bite. :p

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Axe off hand needs something. Even full zerker the auto attack does more damage than the axe 5.

I’ve done over 50k with axe 5. Lupicus, traited signet of stone, reflected AoE. Also, the act of reflecting tends to pull aggro so you can use it to pull enemies off someone trying to heal.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

Faster axes?! YES. I am so excited.

Time to reassess my loadout again. Might have to kick Greatsword aside. Sword/Axe and Axe/WH? Sword/WH and Axe/Axe?

Choices!

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

garethh.3518

offhand axe is far from useless, or maybe i play a different game or something :|

Read the first line.
In PvP.

I’ve done over 50k with axe 5. Lupicus, traited signet of stone, reflected AoE. Also, the act of reflecting tends to pull aggro so you can use it to pull enemies off someone trying to heal.

That is PvE.
Gotta say which mode.

In instanced PvP it is debatably one of the worst ability in game.
In PvE it is workable.

(edited by garethh.3518)

May 14th Update

in Ranger

PsionicDingo.2065

Read the first line.
In PvP.

That is PvE.
Gotta say which mode.

In PvP it is debatably one of the worst ability in game.
In PvE it is workable.

What would make it better in PvP?

May 14th Update

in Ranger

garethh.3518

Look at any effect or number in the skill.
Change it to be better.
TADA.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

All anyone does is complain. Rangers are one of the most fun classes in the game.

fixed.

No, I meant best. nice try. I’m sorry you’re not good at your ranger and have to make excuses as to why they fall short as a class.

(edited by Furajir.3815)

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Is the firing rate of axes faster, or just the speed of the projectile? (Is the lag between shots the same?)

I really love Ranger offhand weapons, but the horrible sword MH is too annoying and useless, while axe doesn’t deal much damage. Does the speed buff make a difference? Does it?

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

fixed.

No, I meant best. nice try. I’m sorry you’re not good at your ranger and have to make excuses as to why they fall short as a class.

Yeah, ranger is best. In everything , spvp,dungeons,roaming wvw, large scale wvw, open world pve. There’s two aspects in those five where ranger is far from optimal.

Flat statements like yours are as stupid as ‘ranger sucks at everything’ comments.

All is vain.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

PsionicDingo.2065

Change it to be better.
TADA.

I agree. I’m just theorycrafting with you. What would you like to see? I’m thinking Path of Scars needs a knockdown or pull on return strike.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

SO excited about axes. Been having fun with them the last couple weeks, they were just a bit too slow.

This is more of a minor patch than a major update, so happy with some attention. Longbow similar speed fix next update maybe? That would make me hella happy!

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

Change it to be better.
TADA.

I agree. I’m just theorycrafting with you. What would you like to see? I’m thinking Path of Scars needs a knockdown or pull on return strike.

I haven’t used axe offhand all that much, and I don’t pvp much either, but I think Path of Scars should apply either cripple, bleeding, or both. Ranger axe is kind of strange, because it doesn’t really fit into either being a zerker weapon or condition weapon all the way.

While I use axe as more of a zerker weapon myself, since the only ranger axe trait is an increase to critical damage, I think strengthening axe as a condition weapon might work too.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

May 14th Update

in Ranger

PsionicDingo.2065

Good call on the cripple and bleed. It is a strange weapon and I’d like to see more trait customization to help you decide how you want to push it.

It’s really one of my favorite things as far as flavor goes, because I think they’re just so cool looking in concept. It’s a weird mix of the old WoW Paladin Hammer of the Righteous and LOTR Warden, in a way.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

I wish I could remember the name of the guy who told me I was wrong when I said axes were bugged…there is still 1 axe bug to be fixed, but this is a good thing. Thank-you!

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Change it to be better.
TADA.

Make it so you can move during. Standing still for even a second or two in pvp is foolish and just begs for someone to burst you down with minimal effort or simply hit you with a stun and cancel out the whole thing.

It’s only real strength is it’s ability to reflect projectiles which only really works on bad players and npcs.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

How’s WD bad in tPvP? Those whirling finishers, reflect (allies can hide in you to heal), and guaranteed projectile finisher (I -know- our autos are 20% but this is 100% and applies the effect to everyone on the way there AND back).

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Read the first line.
In PvP.

That is PvE.
Gotta say which mode.

In instanced PvP it is debatably one of the worst ability in game.
In PvE it is workable.

I disagree, there are far worse weapon skils around (necro staff 1 is the worst I can think of). Reflecting projectiles is actually really strong in lower level pvp where the majority of players don’t realize they need to stop firing at you.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Read the first line.
In PvP.

That is PvE.
Gotta say which mode.

In PvP it is debatably one of the worst ability in game.
In PvE it is workable.

Being able to move while you chanel it.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

How’s WD bad in tPvP? Those whirling finishers, reflect (allies can hide in you to heal), and guaranteed projectile finisher (I -know- our autos are 20% but this is 100% and applies the effect to everyone on the way there AND back).

I can’t speak for tpvp but in wvw, standing still for any period of time (much less 5 seconds) means you get hit with a dozen aoe’s, half a dozen snares, and/or bursted by a thief flanking the battle to go after squishy back liners.

Activating WD in a zerg moshpit might as well just down you automatically, fart out the bag, and save the enemy the trouble.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

This is the real problem with axe, ricochet does negligible single target damage. That’s why I hardly ever run mainhand axe, which is unfortunate because I find it to be the most fun ranger weapon. I rarely run offhand axe either because path of scars just doesn’t bring much to my game.

Overall I feel all ranger weapons are in a good place now with the exception of longbow and axe, which need some work. Axe needs more single target damage and lb needs a snare on lb3.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

I can’t speak for tpvp but in wvw, standing still for any period of time (much less 5 seconds) means you get hit with a dozen aoe’s, half a dozen snares, and/or bursted by a thief flanking the battle to go after squishy back liners.

Activating WD in a zerg moshpit might as well just down you automatically, fart out the bag, and save the enemy the trouble.

Standing still is suicide in wvw, axe5 should be mobile like the thief’s whirling reflect.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

May 14th Update

in Ranger

garethh.3518

Change it to be better.
TADA.

Make it so you can move during. Standing still for even a second or two in pvp is foolish and just begs for someone to burst you down with minimal effort or simply hit you with a stun and cancel out the whole thing.

It’s only real strength is it’s ability to reflect projectiles which only really works on bad players and npcs.

A bump to a 250-300~ radius would do wonders for it.
I’m not against not being able to move, I actually like it since it makes the ability unique. It just needs something to compensate.
Something like… path of scars is like a signet, it gives a ‘1/3~ second imob every 4 hits with the —/axe weapon set’ while off CD, which would give a somewhat consistent immobilize on anyone in the #5 skill, giving it a use.
I’d make path of scars throw up vulnerability stacks and interrupt anyone it hits.
The #5 cripples too, has its channel time reduced to 2.5 seconds but deals 25~% more overall dmg (ends up with 250~% auto attack dmg instead of even with it).

That or the #5 is just a 1.5~ second cast but aoes out the dmg/reflect passively.
Path of scars could do something like pull people to the ranger then.

(edited by garethh.3518)

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Zetus.1476

Zetus.1476

Standing still is suicide in wvw, axe5 should be mobile like the thief’s whirling reflect.

Keep in mind, the Thief’s whirling effect is their Elite skill, whereas ours is just a weapon skill. I think its fair that Axe5 is a stationary skill since it demands more thought to placement.

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Lol!
9 months in and no one here realised axes were not working properly because they are so crap to start with … Oh, and this is in PvE & dungeons …

So many other things wrong, and our worst weapon no one cares about gets a ’ bug fix’ .. Priceless!!

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

So is the firing speed of axes better too, or just projectiles?

May 14th Update

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

So is the firing speed of axes better too, or just projectiles?

Sounds like it’s just projectile speed, increased by 33%.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -