Merciful Intervention tech for Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

“Where am I needed, and how does my PBAOE-happy-self get there?” are prettymuch the constant questions of my Druid playtime.

And, now that I think about it, Guardian’s Merciful Intervention more or less tackles them both. I was wondering how folks felt about sprinkling that functionality somewhere in the often commented on #1 and #2 of Celestial Avatar – Cosmic Ray and Seed of Life.

Like;
Cosmic Ray
Call down energy onto the most damaged ally in the area around you or your pet.
Cast Time: Immediate
Healing: 500
Radius 120
Range 900

Seed of Life
Summon a seed that cleanses nearby allies of conditions and blinds foes when it blossoms.
Cleanse: 2 conditions
Blind: 4 seconds
Radius 260
Range 1200
? name of chain skill ?
→ Expend the energy of the seed of life before it blossoms to transport to the targeted
→location and heal nearby allies.
→Healing: 700
→Radius 180

-ish.

Sort of turn Cosmic Ray into a way to take a quick survey of the battlefield, turn the existing timing elements of Seeds of Life into a condi clear/breakbar vs. respositioning/heal decision point, and just for spice give the pet a role during CA as a ‘second pair of eyes’ to help spot ailing allies and an extender for what would be our only ranged heal (pet leash range +900).

So you’re still exercising battlefield awareness, it’s just instead of minding the UI you’re looking to see where your Cosmic Ray landed. And you’re still aiming to get your major heals out, you’re just aiming yourself.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ancestral Grace is a slow motion Merciful Intervention that works no matter what.

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

I really like that cosmic ray idea! I hate reticle spamming, so turning it into a smart heal would be a significant improvement in most cases. I’m not sold on the pet component though, as that could get really messy in different game modes.

(edited by aB EXT.1287)

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

That’s a good point, aB.

Sorry, should have specified, I’m talking the old tech as well. I’m very much interested in the property of it that singled out individuals with low HP in an area.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

really like the cosmic ray idea, it’s like our pets sniffing out the wounded for us lol it would have been cool as well if we had a spammable heal that centered on the pet but did not involve the pets F2 skill. like putting CAF2 centered on the pet so everyone in melee range with the pet gets the benefit.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.