Minstrel: Stats for Druid?

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

The new Minstrel stats might be a good choice for Druid?

Minstrel: Toughness, Healing Power, Vitality, Concentration.

Only thing that bothers me is the Toughness, might attract aggro

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

As long as your “tank” runs Knights or Toughness primary You should be fine.

If you get aggro? You’re not going to die. From the looks of it, only Nomad’s is bulkier. Even so, that may not be the case with some classes that have high protection uptime…

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

You wont grab aggro ever since you do no damage lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Some mobs, like a few in the Raid, target the player/s with the highest toughness.
Dealing damage has nothing to do with it.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

food for though, if you are taking the majority of the damage, then you need to heal you allies less so by extension you are doing you job as a healer

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Wrong answer.

I do tons of damage – those who don’t aren’t traited correctly.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Minstrel will make you a Front line heal God in WvW. I think that’s just about the extent of its usefulness in my mind. too much defense in other modes. I wish they hadn’t deleted it in PvP though, those were a fun few days lol.

Edit: wow didn’t realize how old thread was…

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Sorry, those who think that Minstrel isn’t worth it aren’t using the right mix of gear to get it to beast mode, and no, my build is not canon at all.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: OnionXI.6735

OnionXI.6735

Two week old thread, I know, but since it was bumped I was wondering; does concentration affect buffs like Glyph of Empowerment and Grace of the Land? That’s the only way I could imagine this set being at all worthwhile in PvE.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If they aren’t boons, they aren’t affected by concentration. There is a use in solo pve where you become the all powerful boon bot for your pet and let it do the damage for you. It might not be setting the record books on fire, but it’s there.

And just in case anyone was wondering, aggro is determined by an unknown formula. However, we do know that Armor, Damage dealt, and proximity are all among the factors that contribute. In GW1, we know some mobs reversed the traditional expectations and went after the players that were weakest, or farthest away.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Wrong answer.

I do tons of damage – those who don’t aren’t traited correctly.

Kinda hard for the Minstrel Ranger by himself to do tons of damage but okay. You’re either not using minstrel’s gear, relying on your pet or have a very low standard for tons of damage.