Moa morph buffs pets -_-'

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So, me and a friend were dueling and I was just kittening around using my Moa pet (the point was to help them learn Mesmer and me stomping him with wolves wouldn’t do that) and he made the mistake of Moa Morphing my pet in a few of the duels.

However, the pet while Moa Morphed (yet used the same kittening skills he normally does with the addition of a leap skill and an evade instead of his heal), landed literally every, single, skill, and my friend may not be the best Mesmer but he was still moving, which kittened my pet over normally.

The worst part is, the reason my Moa was magically landing everything was because Moa morph utilizes a LUNGE mechanic for each skill IE your attacks make you dart forward.

So if my pet can hit players under the effects of an enemy elite skill WHY THE kitten hasn’t Anet made ALL NPC attacks like this? My god PvE would be so much interesting (and our pets so much less useless) if they actually could land kitten!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

At least we have it on our Sword, right? [/sarcasm]

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Because it’s “Elite”.
Doh.

You want “Elite” pets? That’s like wanting to dual wield Greatswords….

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

You….
I like you.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I’ve always wondered what was so hard about putting in code that enables pets to attack while moving, allowing them to stick to their targets better.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Don’t get me wrong I love that on my sword… But if I could trade my sword leap for my pets to leap like that…. Lets just say i can live without my sword leap.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’ve always wondered what was so hard about putting in code that enables pets to attack while moving, allowing them to stick to their targets better.

The Moa morph proves they -can- (pets and other NPCs don’t do it as smoothly as players but the leap kinda fixes that), so they have no excuse anymore… I thought it was an error in the code or something, cause kitten idk how that kitten works and I’m not about to pretend to.

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The issue isn’t that they can’t do it the issue is that it would make pets (rangers) Op.
Pets would hit with every attack you couldn’t use positioning avoid hits. Without a block or use of evade they would hit you every time. You wouldn’t be able to out run or juke them.

Think back to before the lowered pet leashing to all the times the a player out ran or lose you but you pet was on their butt. The difference would be they would continue to take damage every set of the way.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

The issue isn’t that they can’t do it the issue is that it would make pets (rangers) Op.
Pets would hit with every attack you couldn’t use positioning avoid hits. Without a block or use of evade they would hit you every time. You wouldn’t be able to out run or juke them.

Think back to before the lowered pet leashing to all the times the a player out ran or lose you but you pet was on their butt. The difference would be they would continue to take damage every set of the way.

There’s a difference between the pet attacking while moving and homing in ala ride the lightning when it attacks. As it is now, ranger pets have awful pathing and are awkward at best in general.

Various pet attacks also need activation time reductions on some skills to better augment their positioning.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Don’t get me wrong I love that on my sword… But if I could trade my sword leap for my pets to leap like that…. Lets just say i can live without my sword leap.

Second this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

I main a ranger and I endorse this message. Might be better served to put this into the Suggestions subforum though; we have confirmation they at least look at everything there.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Oh no, the horrors, our pets would actually land attacks, you know, sorta like how were balanced around 100% uptime, you know that mythical thing that happens like once in PvP if you have immobs…

And pet leashing was an issue because you could use your pet in a way that you were contributing to a fight (and when you’re on TS with friends who are calling out the target that needs to die and tell you when you need to fear etc) while you’re able to cap a totally different point with no draw backs really.

in Ranger

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Well if this is approved and implemented then who knows we could have a pet trait system next, sarcasm ftw.

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Post a video, please

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Hopefully you just gave them idea how to fix pets

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Hopefully you just gave them idea how to fix pets

Hopefully! That would be a pretty simple and effect solution to the pet hit consistentcy issue, especially with moas -_-

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

That’s the best bug I have ever heard of. I’ve been saying the pets need some kind of cheater code put into their AI to make up for their deficiencies, as it turns out they just need a leap coded into every attack. Then if they could figure out how to make pets lock target when casting offensive based F2’s they might actually be something more than dead weight for the first time in a year.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Post a video, please

I have recorded some footage of it last night (keep in mind the damage the pet does gets BUFFED in Moa morph due to the skills scaling like a normal characters) I only got one vid up last night, but both should be up by tonight, I’ll place the links in this thread after I get both up (you may be able to find it on YouTube)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

That’s the best bug I have ever heard of. I’ve been saying the pets need some kind of cheater code put into their AI to make up for their deficiencies, as it turns out they just need a leap coded into every attack. Then if they could figure out how to make pets lock target when casting offensive based F2’s they might actually be something more than dead weight for the first time in a year.

Oh speaking of F2s, we found out the pet can use F2s while Moad last night and to my surprise they’re kittening responsive lol, when my friends hyena and wolf was moad (he was dueling and I was casting Moa on pet for the fun of it) they actually used the F2 when they were told instead of queuing it… kitten drop RaO for us Anet and just give us Moa Morph “pet becomes a Moa for 15s” boom, problem solved xD

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

kitten drop RaO for us Anet and just give us Moa Morph “pet becomes a Moa for 15s” boom, problem solved xD

Even though I see the irony, be careful what you wish for with these guys…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

kitten drop RaO for us Anet and just give us Moa Morph “pet becomes a Moa for 15s” boom, problem solved xD

Even though I see the irony, be careful what you wish for with these guys…

Yeah, there’s literally 0 downside to our pet being Moa morphed, it has scaling like every other profs (and seeing as what happens when we get that via conjures/ environmental weapons… You get the picture), our pet has 100% uptime, and it uses the F2 skills on demand, you know, everything we’ve been begging for since launch really.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

So, me and a friend were dueling and I was just kittening around using my Moa pet (the point was to help them learn Mesmer and me stomping him with wolves wouldn’t do that) and he made the mistake of Moa Morphing my pet in a few of the duels.

However, the pet while Moa Morphed (yet used the same kittening skills he normally does with the addition of a leap skill and an evade instead of his heal), landed literally every, single, skill, and my friend may not be the best Mesmer but he was still moving, which kittened my pet over normally.

The worst part is, the reason my Moa was magically landing everything was because Moa morph utilizes a LUNGE mechanic for each skill IE your attacks make you dart forward.

So if my pet can hit players under the effects of an enemy elite skill WHY THE kitten hasn’t Anet made ALL NPC attacks like this? My god PvE would be so much interesting (and our pets so much less useless) if they actually could land kitten!

I don’t know which part of PvE you’re playing but as long as I can keep something tied down, my pet will hit it.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I don’t know which part of PvE you’re playing but as long as I can keep something tied down, my pet will hit it.

Um, I’m playing PvP, PvE the problem isn’t the pet hitting its 1 shot mechanics wtfpwning the pet (which is only an issue in a handful of areas). I referenced PvE saying it’d be more interesting if all mobs attacked like the Moa did IE simply running wouldn’t prevent any and all damage from most mobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

Oh no, the horrors, our pets would actually land attacks, you know, sorta like how were balanced around 100% uptime, you know that mythical thing that happens like once in PvP if you have immobs…

And pet leashing was an issue because you could use your pet in a way that you were contributing to a fight (and when you’re on TS with friends who are calling out the target that needs to die and tell you when you need to fear etc) while you’re able to cap a totally different point with no draw backs really.

+100

Completely agree. Seems the pet fix isn’t as hard after all.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

in Ranger

Khayoss.2019

That’s part of the problem… you shouldn’t have to keep something tied down in order for your pet to hit it. It’s an extension of you and your ability. I don’t have to keep something tied down for me to hit it…

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

That’s part of the problem… you shouldn’t have to keep something tied down in order for your pet to hit it. It’s an extension of you and your ability. I don’t have to keep something tied down for me to hit it…

Well I totally understand needing to tie things down in order to hit them in -some- situations. EXs: Kill Shot, Drake Breathe, 100 Blades, Pistol Whip (the sword part) etc. but for hitting with AUTO ATTACKS? kitten that, I shouldn’t need to chill someone in order to guarantee 40% of my damage is getting through.

in Ranger

Khayoss.2019

Well I totally understand needing to tie things down in order to hit them in -some- situations. EXs: Kill Shot, Drake Breathe, 100 Blades, Pistol Whip (the sword part) etc. but for hitting with AUTO ATTACKS? kitten that, I shouldn’t need to chill someone in order to guarantee 40% of my damage is getting through.

Ya that’s the crux of my gripe, and always has been. If the pet is ~40% of my damage, and then I have to make choices in my traits, weapons, and skills simply to make basic use of that damage then that’s poor design and not a level playing field with other classes. That part of my damage output should be automatic, reliable and easy – especially since everything we get is balanced around 100% uptime. If I’m sacrificing in order to make that reality, then that 40% is in reality much higher because I’m giving up my own ability to contribute in order to have my pets auto attack succeed…

Special attacks is a different story. I completely understand having to take action to ensure it’s success. But that too should come with some basic givens, like that your pet will begin the attack when it’s told to, will cast it when the target is actually in range, and will do intelligent things like turn to actually face the target… :|

(edited by Khayoss.2019)

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I thought this was going to be a setup to a bad xzibit joke….

Now I’m just depressed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

some pet attacks have lunges, but they typically have long windups so tend to miss anyway :|

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

+1 internets to you, good Sir.

Now make Moa Morph castable on allies and I am a happy ranger…

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I don’t know whether to laugh or plant my face in my palm…likely I’ll have to do both.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

Our pets should hit as reliable as mesmer phantasms. If you don’t dodge/block/reflect/… a phantasm it will hit you. You can’t just walk around to pretty much avoid most of the damage. And that is while phantasms deal alot more damage than our pets and if you kill them they will just cast new ones while we might get a long CD on our pets once they die.
They should make our pets hit reliable. This topic has the solution if the problem was how to code it. With the 1500 attack range of our pets ( I can’t send my pet on targets that are 2000 range away) the old arguments of pets following someone to the other side of the map doesn’t count anymore so it should be fine to make our pets hit moving targets reliable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Somedaaaaaaay, over the raaiinbooow!

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Easy fix to that OP nature, nerf pet damage and put more of it back into the Ranger. There, you’ve fixed the pet problem and made the Ranger himself, the one who actually needs to survive, more powerful.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Congrats, you got to experience a more balanced ranger. The devs stated that the class was balanced around 100% pet uptime which includes the pet actually landing hits.

Which is why rangers are completely broken. Pets are only up half the time and for the half they are up, they only land hits half the time.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

The saddest part of all this is that this, like the Ranger only AoE limit of 3 is thakittens been in the game for a a year now and no one’s said anything or done anything about it.