Monarch's Leap - how do I detarget?

in Ranger

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

I want to use the 2nd part of sword 2 to further create distance from enemies.

I really don’t want to turn off autotargeting, since for me it is helpful for pretty much everything else in the game.

Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

you need to turn off auto targeting. Honestly it will greatly improve your skill level once you do anyway.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Turn off auto targeting and keyboard about face.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

you detarget by clicking off the target using the mouse , and retarget using mouse , its much quicker and less random than using the tab to regain the correct target.

you can play sword with auto AA on , but you have to use mouse to detarget (while detargeted the auto attack doesn’t cycle unless you hit somthing then it moves to the next part of the chain.

you can sword leap this way, though turning off Auto attack leaves less auto attack mistakes and more control of your weapon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

you detarget by clicking off the target using the mouse , and retarget using mouse , its much quicker and less random than using the tab to regain the correct target.

I took tab off of target keybinding so I could force myself to do that a long while back. It’s worth it though for sure. Like any changes to how you play, it takes a bit to get use to, but OP will surely see the benefits.

Auto target itself is just a lazy way to play. You often go after the wrong targets, and when you want to use a movement skill you end up charging the enemy. All for the sake of not having to click on the target you want to engage.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Here we go again!

To drop targets the easy way, bind a key of your choice to “Lock Autotarget” – done. Far easier than any other method ppl tend to recommend.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user