More pets please

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: Dunnin.7256

Dunnin.7256

Q:

I’ve come to GW2 from WoW, imagine my surprise to find we’re only allowed 4 hunter pets in GW2. In WoW we could have 50, I used to rotate mine to suit the job in hand. To allow us 4 takes away one of the pleasures of a beastmaster type hunter, that of looking for and taming wild beasts. In WoW, it could any level up to Boss pets, in GW2 it’s juvenile only.
GW2 hunters are very lame compared to the WoW beastmaster, time to look for a decent game I think. Shame really as the graphics are a nice quality, and the Asura are fun to play.

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Lol they used to be like that in gw1. But your going to have to wait for the next expac for new pets

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You can swap those 4 pets anytime you’re out of combat, so you actually have access to all 50 pets in a single fractal or dungeon or raid encounter. And it’s often a good idea to do that, using niche pets for specific encounters like tanking, breaking defiance bars, aoe damage or single target damage.

I often rename my pets to “Champion” or “Veteran” _. Being juvenile doesn’t affect the stats, and if it’s killing an elder dragon with you, go ahead and consider it a champ.

And of course we always want more good pet choices, that’s always a thing for any topic, like shoes. I’d like to have more nice dress shoes. We’ll probably get some more next expac. Pets, not shoes. Well, shoes too.

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I still want a rabbit pet. And a hammer. Then we can witness the return of the Bunny Thumper!

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’ve come to GW2 from WoW, imagine my surprise to find we’re only allowed 4 hunter pets in GW2. In WoW we could have 50, I used to rotate mine to suit the job in hand. To allow us 4 takes away one of the pleasures of a beastmaster type hunter, that of looking for and taming wild beasts. In WoW, it could any level up to Boss pets, in GW2 it’s juvenile only.
GW2 hunters are very lame compared to the WoW beastmaster, time to look for a decent game I think. Shame really as the graphics are a nice quality, and the Asura are fun to play.

cough interestingly, you were only “allowed” five pets in WoW like you are “allowed” four in GW2. Your trolling isn’t even consistent.

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: Irijia.6073

Irijia.6073

How the heck did you manage to conclude that you can only have four pets? The system is almost the same as WoW where you collect all the pets and use whichever one you want for various situations. Only difference is that the pets haven’t been completely homogenized (those boss pets you collect are just skins with no bonus stats), you don’t really have dismiss/summon times unless your pets die, and 2/3 of all pet families didn’t have their abilities removed like in WoW. Also there’s no begging Anet for extra stable slots like we used to have to do in WoW. I never got why they kept adding new pet families but fought against adding more stable slots.

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

How the heck did you manage to conclude that you can only have four pets? The system is almost the same as WoW where you collect all the pets and use whichever one you want for various situations.\

Nicer, actually, since you don’t have to traipse back to the stablemaster in GW2, unlike wow, which still has that one of the last relics of “visit town to level/skill/gear” that MMOs are holding onto.

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: Irijia.6073

Irijia.6073

Nicer, actually, since you don’t have to traipse back to the stablemaster in GW2, unlike wow, which still has that one of the last relics of “visit town to level/skill/gear” that MMOs are holding onto.

Oh God, I don’t miss that at all. I’ll take the scorecard style of fill in the pet blanks and take them wherever you want in GW2. Way better than visiting the stable master or having to run with the same two or three pets at all times because you don’t have the time to visit a flight master to get to a town where you can actually switch your pets.

More pets please

in Ranger

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

A Boa Constrictor pet. F2 is a strangulate skill called Eye Popper.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.