Mounted ranger E-spec?

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

Hey there,

Though mounts may never be a thing like with other mmo’s, I was thinking that perhaps ranger could get one as an e spec specifically

This could resolve the issues of people wanting a pure ranger mode by playing that of a mounted archer or mounted skirmisher

On the contrary, this could also be a way for the ranger to directly take control over the pet – ie. Wow esque druid and have the two become one with the f5 key

As for weapons, staff one again but now used as a spear/lance, rifle or pistol or even focus to have the nature/shape shifter aspects of the e spec

F keys;
The f keys would remain more or less the same whilst mount; rather, f1 would be an offensive ability, f2 defensive and f3 utility – f4 would still allow for a mount swap
Depending on mount, as the player is using weapons to attack, the creature itself would be autamatically attacking any foes in range or at range or both depending on mount
Eg.
-Dire wolf – melee
-Bristleback – range
-Wyvern – both

F5;
The f1-3 keys are skills already associated with the pet type or altered due to having a larger/more mature beast

Due to ease of being both ranged and melee, let’s use the fire wyvern for use of f5

The character absorbs into the wyvern and the dragon now gains visual aspects of the riders race – Norn gives tattoos etc

Auto attack is fire ball likened to ele staff 1 at ranges w50+ – at ranges below 250, auto will be a bite

2 will be an aoe burn – will be x% largee whilst in the air (f1)

3 will be a knockdown/launch as a wind gust (f2)

4 will be a leap blasting the area in fire (f3) – whilst in the air, extends 5 by x% but removes the aoe damage + leap

5 will be a pseudo flight allowing for a short time of actual flight – boosted duration by 4 + traits associated, also allows for greater use of 2

This is more or less a rough idea of how a mounted/aspected ranger would function considering the E-specs or at least theoretically XD

What do you think of a mounted class for ranger?

Would you like to take direct control over your pets akin to that of how druids in wow and other games can shapeshift?

What weapons/utilities would be appropriate for such an E-spec?

Would you play this sort of E-spec wherein you can be the beast? Ie. Hunt like a jaguar/ burn an area like a wyvern

This is all theoretical discussion on the potentials of a mounted spec with no actual mounts in game, rather having the mount itself being an extension of the pet mechanic associated with rangers and taking it to a larger step in the way it operates, please let there be some good discussion

The idea that got this sparked in my mind was that of the worms in gw1 with a mix of the gliders from HoT and how the pet interacts with the ranger and thought it would make for an interesting E-spec

Thank you for reading,

-Phyrak

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

The major issue of a mount espec would be… graphical issues. I can imagine an asura mounting any ranger pet, at most I can imagine human and sylvari also doing it but by no mean can I imagine charr and norn doing it.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Honestly? I’m against it. Not because of you or your well-thought ideas, but because it reminds me of Black Desert Online’s summoner who does a lot of what you describe.

And I want no reminders of that mess of an MMO.

Gone to Reddit.

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Posted by: OneHitWonder.5741

OneHitWonder.5741

well we can make the pets bigger already with our signet as far as i know… having bigger pets and being able to mount them with f5 would be awesome

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Phyrak.7260

well we can make the pets bigger already with our signet as far as i know… having bigger pets and being able to mount them with f5 would be awesome

Once the first keystone of the spec is aquired, you will be automatically mounted

F5 allows for the player to take direct control over the pet and absorb into the beast likened to wow druids

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Phyrak.7260

Honestly? I’m against it. Not because of you or your well-thought ideas, but because it reminds me of Black Desert Online’s summoner who does a lot of what you describe.

And I want no reminders of that mess of an MMO.

Never played black desert but heard a bit about it

How so does the summoner work like this E-spec idea?

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Phyrak.7260

The major issue of a mount espec would be… graphical issues. I can imagine an asura mounting any ranger pet, at most I can imagine human and sylvari also doing it but by no mean can I imagine charr and norn doing it.

Hence the f5

Absorbing directing into the beast and taking direct control over it
Again, choice of the player to do so – but who wouldn’t want to directly control a wyvern or dire wolf?

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I can see it work by “absorbing into the pet” like you said, rather than mounting it. Question is – should it be a spiritual thing, meaning the ranger leaves his physical body behind? Could open up for a few interesting tactical mechanics where you could jump between the ranger and their pet – leave the ranger on point while running off with the pet to attack ppl…

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Phyrak.7260

I can see it work by “absorbing into the pet” like you said, rather than mounting it. Question is – should it be a spiritual thing, meaning the ranger leaves his physical body behind? Could open up for a few interesting tactical mechanics where you could jump between the ranger and their pet – leave the ranger on point while running off with the pet to attack ppl…

The spiritual aspect would make it much easier to control rather than leaving the pc to take a hit

Absorbing and controling would give additional aspects to play but again, tis just an idea on making rangers a more animal-esque style

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

This was my take on it before hot, but it was for warrior,

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/cavalier/first#post6116441

Mounted ranger E-spec?

in Ranger

Phyrak.7260

This was my take on it before hot, but it was for warrior,

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/cavalier/first#post6116441

Very interesting

Adrenal skills mixing with mounts would be fun