Muddy Terrain

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Dabachelor.1736

Dabachelor.1736

Q:

As a ranger I am wondering would Muddy terrain be better used as a trap instead of something (as a Norn) you just pour out?

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

I love muddy terrain and use often.
If you are survival type muddy terrain is realy distrub and anoyying skill on right time.
It can cut zerg half(Head and tail) 2sec immobilize on pop and cripple who pass useful on wise situation.
Or you need catch someone just pop in front of way who pass and let them run in to it.

Too bad for this skill is no has combo field.
BTW. Funny to use sick’em nowday lol

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

I love muddy terrain and use often.
If you are survival type muddy terrain is realy distrub and anoyying skill on right time.
It can cut zerg half(Head and tail) 2sec immobilize on pop and cripple who pass useful on wise situation.
Or you need catch someone just pop in front of way who pass and let them run in to it.

Too bad for this skill is no has combo field.
BTW. Funny to use sick’em nowday lol

Interesting, i’ll try that out. And at the poster, it’s more of survival than a trap.

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I use muddy terrain whenever I want the function of a traited spike trap without the investment in skirmishing for the grandmaster. It’s the poor man’s potent spike trap. Like Lukyromero said, it is indeed a survival skill. For just 10 in wilderness survival you can get wilderness knowledge, which should reduce the recharge time by 5 seconds.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It can be really strong in any scenario if used in right time. Traited, gives 2 second immobilize + 10 second lasting, pulsing cripple field. Although the size of the field could get some major upgrade, like 50%, it’s very nice for close quaters and corridors etc. It’s literally 50% (and more, counting condi + duration) cripple field uptime. In PvE can be used for kiting (especially for Risen since they all tend to ignore your pet, unlike other mobs and go directly for you with greater than normal speed). For sPvP you can use it like in the middle of the fight on the point to cover the point and make everyone inside crippled for a long time. Many people tend to ignore such things as everlasting cripple, cuz it’s not condibomb, yet it can be very, very deadly coupled with hard AoE, also prevents from escaping.
For WvWvW, great thing in small scale combat, I wouldn’t suggesg with LB since it requires greater range, but with SB you can kite things like Warrior around it. Works fine for escaping/locking down. Strong vs. classes with counterable gapclosers (Warriors, Necromancers, Elementalists, Engineers, Rangers) and worse against semi-counterable (Guardian, Mesmer). Works pretty bad with Thieves. But, to be honest, none disengage ability can counter or work well against easy gap-closer port spamming thieves. Worth to have on your bar.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Boreal.9826

Boreal.9826

With the fix to correctly affect up to 5 targets, I doubt Muddy Terrain will ever leave my bar. Also, Wilderness Knowledge (20% survival cooldown reduction) replaces the now lackluster Vigorous Renewal.

In my opinion, Muddy Terrain is one of our best skills. I like the fact that it isn’t a field.. that way I don’t have to worry about it interfering with water or fire fields.

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Ya muddy terrain has helped me win battles ranging from fractals to gauntlet to wvw. It’s relative weak against people with condition duration reduction or lots of condi clears. But it really is great.

I like to use soft landing on tower defense: jump down, muddy terrain activates, drop bonfire or a trap, roll back into door and repeat. You can really snare and kill this way.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Muddy terrain & potent spike trap can ruin a zerg staying together I do it all the time and laugh at how the back line then falls.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Rym.1469

Barrage→Dog’s Immobilize→Muddy Terrain→Multiple bags from killijg uplevels in zerg blob.

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: KedirakEvo.5719

KedirakEvo.5719

What about dungeoning?

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Fordel.3208

Fordel.3208

My most effective use of Muddy Terrain doesn’t even require me to have it on my bar. Jumping off the wall in front of keep doorways as things try to get through. :P

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Rym.1469

One thing I’d like to see is size increase of cripple zone. That would be amazing, kiting around crippling field…Mmmm..

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I use muddy terrain whenever I want the function of a traited spike trap without the investment in skirmishing for the grandmaster. It’s the poor man’s potent spike trap. Like Lukyromero said, it is indeed a survival skill. For just 10 in wilderness survival you can get wilderness knowledge, which should reduce the recharge time by 5 seconds.

it’s much better than a trap because it can be cast at 900 range, as opposed to 600 which is basically melee and therefore suicide.

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

I love Muddy Terrain too. But its cast time could be decreased to 1/2

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Pewienpan.5168

Pewienpan.5168

Muddy Terrain + Spike Trap + Frost Trap, perfect control in dungeons.

Celestial scrubs, just die already…

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Gotta agree, first thing when I picked up ranger I thought muddy terrain exceeds every other classes closest equivalent. The only thing close is necros well of corruption (corrupts swiftness into cripple first) and even it doesnt have immob on placement, or last as long, not even looking at the cooldown.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Muddy Terrain

in Ranger

Rym.1469

Can be a lifesaver vs. thieves. Also, it’s pretty funny to place it under a guardian. You can literally backpaddle vs. them and yet with MT they won’t catch you without blink