My Alt

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

My alt is now level 23 and rising quickly. I made a mesmer and its fun.

How about yours?

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

started a necro … i only wish lifestealing was as good as it was in gw1…

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

My alt is (still) a level 7 Necromancer.

Meanwhile, my 80 Ranger is tearing it up in W3 and sPvP.

I made a Thief too, but after killing several dozen people in a couple seconds using the FotM backstab build, I decided to stick with my Ranger. There’s only room for improvement with the Ranger class and only disappointment on the horizon for the Thief class.

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

lol, nldixon owned the OP – I have to agree with you dixon

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: TehMoonRulz.7064

TehMoonRulz.7064

Care to share build/playstyle?

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

I have to be truthful in saying this did not need a thread. But I do understand your sentiment.

ALTHOUGH, I am still sticking with my ranger because I find the class the most appealing with some of the things it can do.

Outside of the sb nerf, the ranger is still a good profession to play.

I’ll say though that Anet has made some questionable decisions within the past month. I hope for their sake, that they do reconsider some of those changes they’ve made because there’s some die-hard GW fans who are feeling apathetic about this game nowadays.

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

This class is actually well balanced and the shortbow nerf is pretty insignificant. Obviously Anet is still working on balance nonetheless and to be frank, nobody cares about the small pop of GW1 players that have been overtaken by new blood interested in quite frankly a much better game (GW2).

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

This class is actually well balanced and the shortbow nerf is pretty insignificant. Obviously Anet is still working on balance nonetheless and to be frank, nobody cares about the small pop of GW1 players that have been overtaken by new blood interested in quite frankly a much better game (GW2).

I agree with some of your post, especially with the ranger being a nicely blended profession.

But I wouldn’t say “who cares about the population of GW1 players”. Admittedly I only played GW1 very, very briefly via a friend, but those dedicated players from GW1 are a big part of the GW world.

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

Care to share build/playstyle?

I use (essentially) the same build in W3 and sPvP. Longbow and axe/warhorn (sometimes torch depending on the situation). Focus on controlling opponents with traps and longbow so my (ranged) pet can unload on people without interruption. Usually use a devourer or a widow and a wolf.

It’s definitely not a 1v1 focused build (it does do “okay” 1v1), but it’s pretty awesome in small group or large scale combat.

I can’t give you a link to the build, because I’m at work, but I’ll try to remember to share specifics when I get home. It should work with several different builds, as long as you get ground targeted traps. Otherwise it’s pretty obvious where your trap is and most players will avoid that area. Or at least most good players.

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Faze.6948

Faze.6948

Agreed with nldixon – and it seems we run a similar build, though I mostly play PvE. I use a 0/30/30/10/0 trait build, with ground targeted traps. In general landscape I run with longbow/greatsword along with a canine and eagle.

In dungeons I trade the eagle for a blue moa and the greatsword for axe/warhorn.

I generally run with the frost and fire traps for the combo fields, along with healing spring, lightning reflexes and entangle.

I’ve not long hit 80 so I’m really only got green gear right now. However I’ve gone for a balanced build of knight’s stats on the armor, valkyrie on trinkets and berserker on weapons.

Personally I’m very happy with the playstyle in landscape, it’s mobile and sustainable. I can literally fight for minutes on end just working my way through my various tricks. Weapon swapping is essential to my style (neither longbow or gs are sustainable along, but used in tandem they are), so I’m looking at the warrior runes for the weapon swap cooldown for my exotic armor set.

The group I run dungeons with have no problems with what I bring to the team – frost and fire fields at the bad guy’s feet for melee, a water field at the back for support, top-tier sustained ranged dps, high survivability, a good team buff with additional help from the pets, emergency cc etc.

My ele and engineer are lower level, but seem to require a lot of interaction, bordering of micro management rather than the flowing playstyle of my gs/lb/trap ranger, but I find them really quite fun too….

Guess I actually enjoy playing a really good video game.

(edited by Faze.6948)

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: DoomBunny.2903

DoomBunny.2903

I have a level 29 Engineer I created long before the SB nerf.

Ironically, I’m actually playing my Ranger more now. The SB nerf just gave me a valid excuse as to why I’m using the Longbow. :P

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: KevlarZero.6849

KevlarZero.6849

I’ve got a 50ish mesmer and a 21 ranger. I started after the SB nerf and was amazed at how quickly I melt pve enemies with any weapon— and all the weapons are extremely fun. My raven basically almost-one-shot-kills anything with F2. It’s really fun playing with all the different pets. When I saw the SB skills I was amazed at how quickly I was firing at things.. and that was before I read that the SB was nerfed (but after the nerf). haha. I basically do not struggle at all against most enemies, whereas with my mesmer I remember struggling a lot and dying a lot in my earlier levels (later on at higher levels, the mesmer was easy to play though).

Haven’t tried PvP yet, but playing a ranger is extremely refreshing. It’s just so fun, and going around trying to find juveniles adds a whole new dimension to gameplay.

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I still love my Ranger. Can’t put her down.

I rolled an Engineer alt…a Guardian…a Thief….they’re fun I guess but nothing is as enjoyable as my Ranger.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

Agreed. I love my ranger. I tear it up in 8v8 sPvP and WvW easily.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

My Alt

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I made a Mesmer and although they have issues too they are fun to use at least, with lot less gear my mesmer do probably more damage than my ranger. Problem is probably ranger depends on pet damage and well we all know they are useless. I like my ranger but with all the recent SB nerf i dont know, i just dont feel it. I will try getting a longbow earlier and see if i can have fun once again