My Ranger Build - advice and criticisms

in Ranger

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pwnzor.5682

Pwnzor.5682

well i just started to play ranger myself, but i dont think this will work well.. dunno for what u’r gone use it but i think there are better builds then yours.

But thats what i think, i’m still working on 2 builds for my ranger and yea they are pretty mutch finished :p

in Ranger

Posted by: Wisdom.4712

Wisdom.4712

Oh, I’m certain there are many builds better than this one. I was just curious as to what others thought – essentially a hybrid zerk and assassin build. I play casually in PVE ATM.

Science like nature must also be tamed, with a view toward its preservation.

in Ranger

Posted by: DiamondMeteor.8345

DiamondMeteor.8345

Drop 5 points off Marksmanship, put those points in Skirmishing for Moment of Clarity. You have decent of CC from GS and SB.

If general PvE is your direction, Spotter > Beastmaster’s Might. Ranger’s don’t really have many quick CD signets like Thieves so they don’t really benefit from those might traits as well as other professions.

Since I notice you like feline pets, and have Expertise Training, take Malicious Training to add up more damage from your pet bleeds instead of Beastmaster’s Bond. Perhaps replacing Snow Leopard with Lynx for added bleeds? It’ll just add in more synergy.

Most people would say take Scholar Runes over Ranger/Eagle, but I personally am more on board with higher crit proc in PvE. Looks like fun.

Ranger / Revenant – Crystal Desert

(edited by DiamondMeteor.8345)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

you need to tell us what part of the game you are playing wvw, pve dundgens?

If it’s a general pve build

Things i would change. Drop 5 points of marks and put in to Natures magic, fortifying bond is a great pet buff trit. (moment of clarity is a pvp/wvw type of skill). Like diamond said, Spotter over beast Masters might. I would take Rampage as One over entangle its just a great skill in general and the stability is often needed. you don’t have a lot of regen (just heal skill) so Natures Bounty would better as “Natures Protection”

Things that you could consider (not necessarily better), i would take companions might over quick draw (skirmish line) you going to get little value having shorter short bow cool downs (if you use Long bow that would different story), “Beast Master Bond” might be better if it was “Steady Focus”. In general PvE i like fall traits so Soften The Fall might be a good choice for “Expertise Training”.

I this is aimed at wvw, i would read through some more in the forums