My buckets are overflowing ..

in Ranger

Posted by: Jhughes.8341

Jhughes.8341

..with the tears of players that can’t seem to dodge/block/invuln/los/reflect my almighty pewpew’ing Dreamthistle.

Although to be fair if rage/air procs on my first auto, that rapid fire is gonna hurt ;D

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Ya we almost do as much damage as other classes with 2 whole skills now. I can’t fathom how these people survived any other profession fights for the past two years.

in Ranger

Jhughes.8341

I really have no idea at all. So far the most fun I have had is venom share teef + 62600 lb ranger wvw. no escaping the Dreamthistles gaze

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

The satisfaction of downing a glass cannon thief in 2 seconds with;
Rapid Fire / Signet of the Hunt / Signet of the Wild / Rampage As One

Oh my kitten
I hope they don’t nerf us

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Oh my kitten

The irony. That thief can do more damage in way less time, while attacking from stealth. I hope he was like afterwards.

in Ranger

Jhughes.8341

well as of right now, steal is all jacked up, so enjoy the free teef bags while we can :>

in Ranger

Posted by: Otaking.4675

Otaking.4675

Yeah the best is ripping apart warriors that got to make 80% mistakes and let their passive defense soak it all before.

in Ranger

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Oh my kitten

You aren’t glassy enough. 1 rapid fire practically kills a thief. Ranger is finally easy mode.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Ranger is only Easy mode for those of us that learn’t to use dodges and evades as a life line because without those pre-patch a ranger is dead , regen or not.

easy mode you say it was one of the hardest classes to use because of it being underpowered and heavy reliance on evades to survive.

now we have SotF and signets baseline its much more balanced out of using the classic Power/condi Evade+dodge bunker.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I’m not even using the improved Longbow yet. I’m playing with the new Runes of the Trapper, and with that run speed and stealth, its filling many buckets of tears right now!

(Speaking of run speed, I never noticed that Signet of the Wild gives us +50% movement speed for 8 seconds along with the extra damage and stability)

Eventually players will learn to counter it and the crying will end, but for now….screw that! we got two years of being worst class to catch up on!

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I don’t play ranger, and haven’t really had the chance to see them in action. So…no idea about the changes. But I’m glad you guys are finally able to have some fun. Now…i’m off to bury my necro. grabs shovel ;_;

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chill Villain.9068

Chill Villain.9068

I’m not even using the improved Longbow yet. I’m playing with the new Runes of the Trapper, and with that run speed and stealth, its filling many buckets of tears right now!

(Speaking of run speed, I never noticed that Signet of the Wild gives us +50% movement speed for 8 seconds along with the extra damage and stability)

Eventually players will learn to counter it and the crying will end, but for now….screw that! we got two years of being worst class to catch up on!

How are those trapper runes? I wanted to run a SB/Axe+Torch trapping set and ran with undead runes. Would you recommend the new runes over Undead?

in Ranger

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Ranger is only Easy mode for those of us that learn’t to use dodges and evades as a life line because without those pre-patch a ranger is dead , regen or not.

easy mode you say it was one of the hardest classes to use because of it being underpowered and heavy reliance on evades to survive.

now we have SotF and signets baseline its much more balanced out of using the classic Power/condi Evade+dodge bunker.

This always makes me laugh. Every time a spec is OP, the OP class always says to dodge.

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

How are those trapper runes? I wanted to run a SB/Axe+Torch trapping set and ran with undead runes. Would you recommend the new runes over Undead?

I’m starting to lean more towards the idea that its better to get a rune set that has a useful effect than just a straight condition damage increase. Krait runes might be more useful now because of the shortened cool down for Entangle.

As for Trapper runes, the 3 effects give you 10% increased condition duration, 3 seconds of non-stacking Super speed every time you use a trap skill, and 3 seconds of stacking stealth every time you use a trap skill.

You can use it to jump in and out of fights quickly, and its is really easy to escape almost any situation because the Super Speed buff overrides any boon or condition on you (except immobilize), and automatically sets your movement speed to about the equivalent of out of combat run speed with swiftness, even in combat. So, even if your loaded down with Cripple and Chill, you can use your traps and just forget those conditions ever existed for a few seconds.

There are some negatives though. You run normal speed (conditions and all) when strafing and running backwards. The increased movement speed is only when moving forward and dodging in any direction. There is also about a half second delay from when you use the trap to when the rune effects activate. If you trait Trapper’s Expertise, there is an even longer delay because the effect doesn’t activate until the trap is on the ground.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I’m starting to lean more towards the idea that its better to get a rune set that has a useful effect than just a straight condition damage increase. Krait runes might be more useful now because of the shortened cool down for Entangle.

Can confirm. Spent a lot of time dueling using entangle and krait runes yesterday.

I was going to make another legendary but I think it’s time to craft a set of ascended celestial. I was using 0/0/6/2/6 with flame trap, entangle, krait runes, and s/d+GS. The burst of entangle/flame trap/maul is pretty nice and on a ridiculously short cool down.

Oh and the new BM buffs are just amazing. Constant cripple and bleeds with birds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

If anything, I would expect Intimiadation Training to get 10 second ICD or something.

I literally spent couple minutes just running around a warrior today, at max range, dancing when he had 30 second cripple.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If anything, I would expect Intimiadation Training to get 10 second ICD or something.

I literally spent couple minutes just running around a warrior today, at max range, dancing when he had 30 second cripple.

Ya, RF won’t and shouldn’t be nerfed. I’m a little worried about the pet buffs getting nerfed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Asquared.4091

Asquared.4091

This always makes me laugh. Every time a spec is OP, the OP class always says to dodge.

And every time a class gets a buff, the other classes all cry “OP!”

Welcome to Guild Wars 2 forums.

At any rate, Rangers got a buff because they needed it. It’s as simple as that.

[RAGE]

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

As I stated in another thread … I’ve noticed a few things …

(1) Some players jumped on the Ranger as the FOTM … they do well when against other bad players or when outnumbering someone … but die 1v1 against anyone with a brain that knows to block/dodge/reflect/etc.. Some of the worst are running around PvP with a bear.

(2) Players griping about Rangers because they don’t know to block/dodge/reflect/etc.

(3) Players that were already very good Rangers before the buff … they are scary now … very scary. These were the players beating people with longbow before the patch. Now they are burying people with it post-patch. Kudos to them.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

What’s the cooldown on the 6 rune bonus for the stealth?

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Chrispy.5641

What’s the cooldown on the 6 rune bonus for the stealth?

there is no cooldown

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

(3) Players that were already very good Rangers before the buff … they are scary now … very scary. These were the players beating people with longbow before the patch. Now they are burying people with it post-patch. Kudos to them.

This is so very true. It is actually true with all classes honestly but from what I saw last night you can see a very clear line between first time and long time long bow users. It will become more evident a couple weeks from now but I was able to see clearly who mained a Ranger vs. those of us having them as alts.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Oh my kitten

You aren’t glassy enough. 1 rapid fire practically kills a thief. Ranger is finally easy mode.

That Thief isn’t glassy enough, one backstab kills the Ranger and that Thief is easy mode….Oh wait, it’s been this way for 2 years…

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

(edited by ItIsFinished.9462)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

It’s also worth pointing out, as someone who roamed with a glassy LB for I think it was more than a year, thieves have always been pretty susceptible to going down from a RF. Remember the damage has only been marginally increased.

Glassy kills glassy and vice versa. The current RF still doesn’t do much to the zerg-built heavies, although they can certainly lose, as they often do to roamers.

in Ranger

Jhughes.8341

Yeah tbh the old rapid fire was worse on thieves they had to blow two dodges to avoid the brunt of the damage, they can just evade once and get rid of most of it now. Though in wvw I have been running 64004 and its hilarious vs double melee

in Ranger

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Many people are unhappy because what nearly was always an easy kill in WvW now can be dangerous, due to that fact most people aren’t good at fighting a high damage long reach ranger. Enjoy the rage now because with all the rangers around there now(skilled or not), people will learn to counter this playstyle, which has never been a thing until now.

Seriously before this point has anybody ever said they needed a way to counter a ranger?

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Dreamthistle.

what the hell does this word mean?…. Why do you hate plain english so much?

I’m not even using the improved Longbow yet. I’m playing with the new Runes of the Trapper, and with that run speed

And speaking of “what the hell is” topics….
What exactly does Anet mean by “Super Speed”???

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Dreamthistle.

… try google before posting, that is the name of a skin in game.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Dreamthistle.

Then why mention it at all when it’s only a Skin which has no bearing on stats…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Dreamthistle.

It’s the name of his bow.

in Ranger

Jhughes.8341

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Because it is rare, cool and not easy to obtain, I would also brag if I could.
It would be the same as I said “With the new update my Frostfang is biting a lot more of my enemies”, which btw is true and I’m loving the might on ricochet

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)