Natural healing no longer affects the Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

As the title says. I mean its not much but a nice feature got removed… sigh And it doesnt seem to be per second anymore but per 3 seconds

(edited by Chokolata.1870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Well, it was 133 per 3s for the Ranger before and that was up to 177 with Compassion Training, so I had hopes for this trait… But now? Gah.

And they even nerfed the healing the pet gets? How much is it now exactly?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Lol I bet this is that sort of trait that got nerfed because they didn’t really have a clue how it used to work, not even after three years. It wasn’t an op trait at all – Anet, fix it please.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

I think it’s fine as it is right now; Remember we get a Burst heal + 10s base Regen on 16s CD with traited ‘We Heal as One’

Still, if they revert back to how it was, that 59 health per second (177/3s) is a nice little bonus, especially considering it’s in the master tier.

in Ranger

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

That’s a shame. I had a healing build that used this as one of 3-4 sources of healing on a ranger, really tanky.

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

I tested it about an hour ago and it seemed to be working for me. I was in PVE.

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Please check again, because it is not working for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I didn’t see anything in PvE. Were you getting heals from regen, food, or SotW maybe?

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

It was a pretty useless trait before patch, but now it’s even more useless..
Anet often works on rangers half-way, improving like 30% of things that’re already good, and leave 70% things rotten as usual.

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

I didn’t see anything in PvE. Were you getting heals from regen, food, or SotW maybe?

Actually, I was confusing Natural Healing with SotW. My mistake.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

It barely heals the pet either but seriously it’s completely useless anyway, pets are god mode if you have barkskin wich you do, full wvw camps or pve champions your pet doesn’t even take dmg it’s going to get the bat I think.

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

doesn’t work anymore my regen RANGER

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

It barely heals the pet either but seriously it’s completely useless anyway, pets are god mode if you have barkskin wich you do, full wvw camps or pve champions your pet doesn’t even take dmg it’s going to get the bat I think.

pet’s are god mode until you run against a condi player and then they melt instantly. A decent regen would help with that.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Open world is kind of irrelevant. In dungeons i fear that Rangers will never get invited anymore.

The ideal composition of 1 guardian, 1 PS war, 1 thief and 2 elementalists just got a lot more stronger, while our damage got a bit stronger due to pet doing a bit more damage.
But it is no where near the 40% DPS buff the PS warrior got, or the insane free damage the thief got for PvE. The meta is still stack, freeze and burst so bark skin does not mater.

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Open world is kind of irrelevant. In dungeons i fear that Rangers will never get invited anymore.

The ideal composition of 1 guardian, 1 PS war, 1 thief and 2 elementalists just got a lot more stronger, while our damage got a bit stronger due to pet doing a bit more damage.
But it is no where near the 40% DPS buff the PS warrior got, or the insane free damage the thief got for PvE. The meta is still stack, freeze and burst so bark skin does not mater.

We do have amazing vulnerability application with remorseless. Not much, but something.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Ele can stack 25 vulnerability with a single click on a boss. And for all practical purposes its perma because the boss dies in 5 seconds. Furthermore, the 3 main classes have gotten major dps buffs.

Warrior which got for its basic PS build:
-10% GS damage
-10% up from 3% extra damage when endurance not full
-20% extra damage when hitting a burst skill
-baseline vulnerability on crit

The only nerf was 5% down from 10% damage on bleeding foes. But overall its a net extra 35% damage on the base values, values without any modifiers, which makes PS the stuff of dreams.

Thief…. O M G. And else is just overall much better too.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

Ele can stack 25 vulnerability with a single click on a boss. And for all practical purposes its perma because the boss dies in 5 seconds. Furthermore, the 3 main classes have gotten major dps buffs.

Warrior which got for its basic PS build:
-10% GS damage
-10% up from 3% extra damage when endurance not full
-20% extra damage when hitting a burst skill
-baseline vulnerability on crit

The only nerf was 5% down from 10% damage on bleeding foes. But overall its a net extra 35% damage on the base values, values without any modifiers, which makes PS the stuff of dreams.

Thief…. O M G. And else is just overall much better too.

Seriously there’s no reason to pick Arm anymore. If you pick Discipline, you’d get that OP quickness on 15 cd base for a HUGE dps buff.

PS Warrior dps got buffed like at least 50%!

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

No, when playing PS you camp the GS. If you are not playing PS then sure, you go disc.

in Ranger

Toxsa.2701

No, when playing PS you camp the GS. If you are not playing PS then sure, you go disc.

If you pick Disp, you get:

2. Free cleanse on swap
3. Quickness on a 15 CD
4. Permanent 25% Walk-speed+2 immobilize break
5. Free Cleanse on Swap
6. Better Synergy with LB F1 fire field since you have Fast-Hand

There’s nothing good to pick in Arm now.

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

I am talking about PvE here.

The build is: Strength, arms and tactics.

221, 212, 333.

It is fairly simple. You open up with SoR active and adrenal heal to pump up that might and adrenaline. mace 4 axe 2 eviscerate, swap to GS and camp it for the rest of the fight.

in Ranger

Posted by: EvilZombie.6801

EvilZombie.6801

anyone can check again it seems that natural healing is not working i dont see my pet regen

in Ranger

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

Ok so I have a regen ranger I use to do PVE.
My thoughts where exactly like the other posters here but after much Theory Crafting I came to the conclusion that my regen Ranger is even more powerful than ever.

With Resounding Timbre giving both me and pet perma regen + Signet of the wild which heals both me and pet every second + Invigorating Bond (2500 Heal every 20 sec ) + heal as one every 16 sec ( healing me and pet for over 7 k + 12 sec of regen ) + companions defense Protection buff on me and pet every time i Dodge. + Empathic Bond : Pet Periodically takes 3 conditions from you. + the grand finally kicker { BARK SKIN : 50% less damage to pet and 33% less damage to ranger when your health is above 90%} Insane heals plus you and pet take way less damage I just don’t see how you can go wrong.

I have almost 1,000 healing skill each shout heals over 3k with regen if you use runes of the trooper you can remove a condition each time you use a shout or runes of the Dolyak which gives you another passive regen which is about 100 regen per sec with my healing skill.

With these types of numbers our pet can probably tank better than any player in the game ( my bear pet has over 52,000 Health and with all the healing and damage reduction thats insane ….. ) I have been in dungeons before where the whole group has wiped and me and the pet fight and finish off Boss mobs alone. If i am at full health and dodge roll putting a Prot buff on pet the pet takes 88% less damage while that buff is on.
Even with out the buff if you do the math a 52,000 health pet taking 50% less damage is almost like having a 104,000 health pet.

We lost one passive regen but gained so much more.

My only complaint is that the pet can not agro very well even if it uses beastly Warden Taunts. If the pet could maintain 100% agro all of the time I guess that would be to powerful.