Nature Magic Rangers...are you there?

in Ranger

Posted by: Qixilver.3784

Qixilver.3784

Nature Magic Trait Line

I know spirits are broken and I think I’ve seen them used about never. I am currently using a trap/condition type build, but I’m always thinking about trying other builds just to mess with and maybe have fun with because this is after all a game. But does anyone use anything from the Nature Magic trait line? I was doing some theory crafting and I don’t know if anything is useful in there with any build. Even if the spirits were viable, I am not sure if I’d spec anything in it. Spirits, if not broken, would be the only reason I could see going down this line. Maybe a healer type spec? Am I just missing something or what viable build uses this trait line? I’m basically just curious to see if anyone has found a useful way to use this, or if it’s just kind of busted for now.

Also, I did a quick search of the forums and found a bunch of “The traits should be…” and “what do you think of my changes…” Not a lot of, my NM build is awesome! Thanks for the feedback.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

The 33% regen boost works well with healing spring if you stay in the water field the entire duration.

The weapon best suited to doing that is the greatsword.

Protection buff on 20%+ health hit doesn’t really make sense to me in the vitality tree until I look at the lack of vitality on +heal gear.

Evading to remove poison blind is theoretically a good skill in a anti thief heal build relying on regen to extend health pool.

the minor traits are helpful as they share boons increase damage with boons grant regen. Regen itself really requires max heal to get you to the 300 a neighborhood section to play around with however.

So I think your impression of a possibly in a heavy heal build is a decent opinion.

Generally to go 30 I think it’s a spirit build getting 15-20 in it happens depending on build utility use, HP need and gear choices.

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle

in Ranger

Posted by: Sleepy.2647

Sleepy.2647

I would love being able to make a NM ranger, i hope the spirit/traits reword is well done, it’s something i’m looking for. However, outside the spirits there is not much we get from NM, and it doesn’t boost our healing spring by much except the duration even with full healing gear :O
There are a few interesting traits in NM but i don’t know…

(edited by Sleepy.2647)

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

Rangers need at least one weapon with boons to do builds with this line. We have no. So far the only thing I could find useful in this line – 5% endur to power.

in Ranger

Posted by: poolman.7245

poolman.7245

Use this build, even without spirits this build offers much, spirits are just a bonus.

need right click and copy link to get it to work.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlODbEoqpuqyri1OQsKIo2DNZ+z7egqSdKA;TsAg0Cno4ywlgLLXOukctKYUwuAA

in Ranger

Posted by: Faerun.3091

Faerun.3091

Hi there mate… I’m using nature magic, and have fully traited spirits. If they are fully traited they are good, but are sub par to other builds.. So when I heard that they are working on it, I felt pure joy
For now, I feel that this trait line is fairly limited, and not good as other tait line, maybe it’s just as bad as beatmaster trait line So maybe you should wait for incoming ranger fix. I’m rolling spirits because of role-play more than because it’s an awesome build

in Ranger

Posted by: Qixilver.3784

Qixilver.3784

It seems like if you have the right build/sigiles/etc., then the nature build might be viable. Well, I might not try it until the fixes come out. I love the idea of a support/healer type build, but with the state of the spirits I don’t think I can venture that route. Thanks for the feedback!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

I use 15 NM when I roll with my pet BM spec, Concentration Training + Fortifying Bond + Jungle Stalker. 10 might stack for 15 sec on pet, 21 sec cd… Nuff said.

I sometimes put 10 in for Strength of Spirit in a power build.

Anything else seems sub-par.

After an extensive overhaul, maybe we might see some decent NM spec come around? I’d love to be able to make a boon centric support build, spirits n whatnot.

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.