Need help picking a Condi Perma Regen Build

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I know there are a lot of these builds.

I am attempting to compensate for my bad connection.
I’d like to end up with something that spikes condi dmg, and that is more passive survival than my current lb/gs.

I’ll be roaming solo or small group.

Gear isn’t cheap and I’d like to do this right the first time

Thanks in advance

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

(edited by EnderzShadow.2506)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

For perma regen there isn’t really any variation, it’s 00662 with the necessary shout traits (and typically apothecary).

For condi, there is a lot more variation.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

You really need oakheart salve and healing spring.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

One of my rangers runs something close to this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNQQRAsf3YnEqQvgWxCusAVLGQQoWFAtrhktFcPE3wPfyKSEL-T1SAABK8AAMS9nAOBAAcEAETZwN6HsUJIZKt44gAMmSke2fgUALqsC-w

Mix and match the armor and trinkets until you get the stats you like but you get a nice burst from dropping burning, entangle, swapping to a/d for doom sigil to extend poison then the bleeds from crippling talon, split blade and keen edge trait and then hit them with winter’s bite for chill.

That should give them 19 stacks of bleeding, burning, poison, torment, immobilize and chill on the first rotation also the bird should be hitting them pretty hard at the same time and adding blind for 1 more cover condition.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I know there are a lot of these builds.

I am attempting to compensate for my bad connection.
I’d like to end up with something that spikes condi dmg, and that is more passive survival than my current lb/gs.

I’ll be roaming solo or small group.

Gear isn’t cheap and I’d like to do this right the first time

Thanks in advance

perma regen; xxx6x with +33% Regeneration Duration
Rune: Dwayna or Water

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

This is something I’ve been using in PvP. Easy enough to use in WvW too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsY3fjMq0yaHL2sQ1aABhaVA0uGu3u29QcDf9JrIVsA-TJhHwAPLDI4kAge/BAPBAA

• Oakheart Salve, Rejuvanation and Healing Spring cover for perma regen
  • Survival of the Fittest and Healing Spring for condi removal, EB can be used too for even more removal if needed
  • Keen Edge works well with survival traits (cooldown and SotF)
  • Traveler runes have movement speed and a bit of boon/condi duration
  • Geomancy and Hydromancy sigils for on swap conditions
  • Lynx for more bleeds, Wolf for fear

I chose settler’s amulet for the healing power. If I were going to change my runes to krait, I would use a rabid amulet instead and put 2 points into Skirmishing picking up Sharpened Edges and Tail Wind for the swiftness on swap.

Incredible survivability both between the regen and condition removal. The amount of condition pressure you can put out is really good. It can be tweaked several different ways to meet your needs. Try preloading sharpening stones (30s to use) and using axe 2 for 10 bleed stacks.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

One of my rangers runs something close to this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNQQRAsf3YnEqQvgWxCusAVLGQQoWFAtrhktFcPE3wPfyKSEL-T1SAABK8AAMS9nAOBAAcEAETZwN6HsUJIZKt44gAMmSke2fgUALqsC-w

Mix and match the armor and trinkets until you get the stats you like but you get a nice burst from dropping burning, entangle, swapping to a/d for doom sigil to extend poison then the bleeds from crippling talon, split blade and keen edge trait and then hit them with winter’s bite for chill.

That should give them 19 stacks of bleeding, burning, poison, torment, immobilize and chill on the first rotation also the bird should be hitting them pretty hard at the same time and adding blind for 1 more cover condition.

So, three people posted builds. Congrats, yours made the most sense.

It seemed to be the best dmg/survivability combonation.
Krait >Running with water/dwayna runes. It seems like it already has a lot survivability and more in a group would just be overkill. I am not trying to be the group healer and it’s a big loss of condi dmg.

My only real concern is a lack of constant run speed. There are just too many good utilities for the ranger. I guess I could always swap them in and out depending on my needs. —OR swap them pre-fight.

What would you swap instead of sigil of corruption. I don’t like stacking just so I can fight. What would be the next best bet?

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

This is something I’ve been using in PvP. Easy enough to use in WvW too.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsY3fjMq0yaHL2sQ1aABhaVA0uGu3u29QcDf9JrIVsA-TJhHwAPLDI4kAge/BAPBAA

• Oakheart Salve, Rejuvanation and Healing Spring cover for perma regen
  • Survival of the Fittest and Healing Spring for condi removal, EB can be used too for even more removal if needed
  • Keen Edge works well with survival traits (cooldown and SotF)
  • Traveler runes have movement speed and a bit of boon/condi duration
  • Geomancy and Hydromancy sigils for on swap conditions
  • Lynx for more bleeds, Wolf for fear

I chose settler’s amulet for the healing power. If I were going to change my runes to krait, I would use a rabid amulet instead and put 2 points into Skirmishing picking up Sharpened Edges and Tail Wind for the swiftness on swap.

Incredible survivability both between the regen and condition removal. The amount of condition pressure you can put out is really good. It can be tweaked several different ways to meet your needs. Try preloading sharpening stones (30s to use) and using axe 2 for 10 bleed stacks.

Interesting choice on the lynx and I appreciate the suggestions.

What gear would you use for WvW?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

snip

Apothecary is the equivelent of settler’s amulet. Toughness, condition damage and healing power. The sustain gained outweighs the small loss of condition damage, imo.

My only real concern is a lack of constant run speed. There are just too many good utilities for the ranger. I guess I could always swap them in and out depending on my needs. —OR swap them pre-fight.

Traveler runes work really well for movement speed so you don’t need to drop any utilities. Even gives a bit of +condition duration that works on all of your conditions unlike krait runes which focus on bleeding only, and boon duration to increase your regen uptime.

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

snip

Apothecary is the equivelent of settler’s amulet. Toughness, condition damage and healing power. The sustain gained outweighs the small loss of condition damage, imo.

Traveler runes work really well for movement speed so you don’t need to drop any utilities. Even gives a bit of +condition duration that works on all of your conditions unlike krait runes which focus on bleeding only, and boon duration to increase your regen uptime.

Well that gives me something to think about.

It’s going to take me a little bit of time to get all the gear together.
I can make up my mind then.

Thanks

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

So, three people posted builds. Congrats, yours made the most sense.

It seemed to be the best dmg/survivability combonation.
Krait >Running with water/dwayna runes. It seems like it already has a lot survivability and more in a group would just be overkill. I am not trying to be the group healer and it’s a big loss of condi dmg.

What would you swap instead of sigil of corruption. I don’t like stacking just so I can fight. What would be the next best bet?

Guard gives 13 swiftness on a 15 second cooldown, when running between camps I pop out the warhorn for a second to blast more swiftness and the bird also gives you swiftness when fighting. I usually end up with a couple minutes of swiftness built up.

As for sigil.. maybe bursting for flat increase in condi damage or doom for more poison uptime. Actually most of the on swap or on hit sigils would work there. I just found I get the stacks pretty quickly since they started giving 5 stacks per player kill.

Oh and sorry if I missed a couple whispers in game, I was in WvW and PvP the whole night and couldn’t always respond.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

What about the classic beastmaster perma regen build ? it should be one of the most passive and easy to play :

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAsf3YjEq0vaFLGsQ1aAMhq9A0pBw7cYGWVXXQBreA-TFSFABAY+TM1f8UJ4I6HS4kAEkyPFeCAis/ApAMTZF-w

Is one of the most passive :

- 289 HP/s from traits/signet/food, this is costant and cannot be removed.
- Perma regen 303 HP/s
- 406 HP/s from the healing skill.
- 100 HP/s from the pet F2 skill.

With that much evades and around 1000 HP/s of “regen” it’s very hard to take down, heavy condi pressure is the only thing to be concerned with.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

My take on the perma-regen, beastmaster build.
I’ve been using this for months now, love it:

Excellent armour @ 3000
Decent power @ 2400 —- but your your bird pet will do kick kitten dps
Might stacking, invulnerability, and stability from your signets (20% CD reduction too!)
Perma regen—-Either Runes of Dwayna or Runes of the Dolyak
Sigil of Renewal and Sigil of Energy on each of your weapons = semi-perma dodge and even more healing.
Zero condition removal so you’re pooched with multiple, long duration conditions on you—-swap out troll ungent for the healing spring if this bothers you.

Final note: I temporarily drop one or two of the signets (usually signet of the hunt first) depending on the situation—Sic ’em is a must have against thieves for example.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQJAVRjEqUwaFLOsw1qA/gaZDEAd48uN62v11ScxKFNB-T1SBABJrEJLlXVcAFOTJ4zPBgU0w8p6PacJAiRXgM7PAwBKgUAXMGA-w