Need more pets.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I want minotaurs, i want rock dogs, i want warg, i want gryffons, i want firefly and wasps, i want turtles and crabs, why not? Seriously, regular pets just boring.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Totally agree. Right now, you can have a 2 tailed scorpion, a bird and a bear, and that’s it. Okay, some people like the lizards, but nobody ever uses the rest.

I mean, Moas? Pig? It would be too bad for a joke, but too bad this is real. For a pet, I want something MEANINGFUL, since pets are part of the character, and not an optional build choice. I want to be a lil bit more unique, to be allowed to tame I pet I actually like. I know it’s a bad example, but in WoW you could have a raptor. I totally agree that this would hurt the carefully built lore and enviroment and overall “feeling” of GW2, but I think there are many many many potential pets in the game right now (no, raptor should not be one) and as a ranger I always feel some kind of letdown. I mean, whenever I see Eir and his fearsome wolf the only thing I can think about is opening my pet managment window to choose something similar, something cool. Then: mehh. Puppy 1, puppy 2, snow wolf, plant wolf. All of them are hilariously small and feels, looks and from gameplay perspective too: really weak.

Rangers could use at least 2x more pets what they have now. And these new ones should be cool ones, not 3 different chicken + a dalmatian + parrot + the least bad choice you use.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Don Zardeone.8730

Don Zardeone.8730

I want a lion =3

Maybe in the Elona expansion, assuming there will be one =3

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

use rune of the ogre for the rock dog..

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

There needs to be more ranged pets. 1200 range DPS/glassy ones would be pretty good. Also more pets that lay down combo fields and AOEs.

Kind of dumb with the current situation when the difference between Bird A and Bird B usually comes down to the F2 dealing chill or bleed (or worse, no difference at all like the Eagle/Hawk)

(edited by roamzero.9486)

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lucky Charmz.5089

Lucky Charmz.5089

I also hate how all of our pets are baby pets. It’s particularly noticeable with the Polar Bear. When you tame him, you can clearly see that it’s a baby in comparison. And I think it just looks dumb.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay.3284

Jay.3284

No we don’t need new pets, we need them fixed first. Then we can worry about broadening the pet choices

Dungeon Master 8/8 | Fractal 50
80Rng – 80Wa – 80Thief – 80Grd – 80Ele – 80Engi – 80Necro

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Troponin.4081

Troponin.4081

No we don’t need new pets, we need them fixed first. Then we can worry about broadening the pet choices

I agree with this.

Someone in another thread recommended “If you want to see how worthless your pet is with damage, send them in and see how long it takes for them to kill something”. After 3 mins on a reg enemy, I finally got tired of waiting. Every time the pet hit, I could barely see the health bar even budge.

Anyone who invests and wastes points in to the pet to “get more damage and bring up a weak point” is an idiot. It will be weak, even with full point investment.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

I agree with this.

Someone in another thread recommended “If you want to see how worthless your pet is with damage, send them in and see how long it takes for them to kill something”. After 3 mins on a reg enemy, I finally got tired of waiting. Every time the pet hit, I could barely see the health bar even budge.

Anyone who invests and wastes points in to the pet to “get more damage and bring up a weak point” is an idiot. It will be weak, even with full point investment.

It’s on 80 lvl? Because on 45 my pet deal 3 times more damage than me.. i feel useless, my cat just killing everybody.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Troponin.4081

Troponin.4081

I agree with this.

It’s on 80 lvl? Because on 45 my pet deal 3 times more damage than me.. i feel useless, my cat just killing everybody.

and it stays alive in high level dungeons? I am pretty sure I read that in high level fractals etc, the pets won’t stay alive.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

I agree with this.

Although I agree that pets have many weaknesses and bugs, I have to disagree. Full point investment makes the pet (Feline, Drake or Bird) deal a significant amount of damage, in PvE that is.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Dude you have no clue on what you are talking about. I might agree the pet survivability is often bad (expecially in dungeons and wvw) but the dmg is not low at all. Of course you have to choose the right pet. Oh btw ravens burst can be amazing.

and it stays alive in high level dungeons? I am pretty sure I read that in high level fractals etc, the pets won’t stay alive.

Ye that’s a problem. Who knows i might be a bad PVE player (which i doubt, but since i hate pve it might be), but the pet system is terribly designed for dungeons and high lvl fractals.

Full point investment makes the pet (Feline, Drake or Bird) deal a significant amount of damage, in PvE that is.

PVE? Pets can deal lots of dmg in pvp as well. Actually i think they are much more useful in pvp (spvp).

(edited by Fjandi.2516)

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Silvanus.5821

Silvanus.5821

Full point investment makes the pet (Feline, Drake or Bird) deal a significant amount of damage, in PvE that is.

PVE? Pets can deal lots of dmg in pvp as well. Actually i think they are much more useful in pvp (spvp).

The reason I said PvE was because in PvP pets find it hard to hit moving targets. It is still viable in PvP (Could be one of the most viable ranger builds actually) but you have to make sure you change your build appropriately as well (Movement speed to pet and snares to enemies).

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

(no, raptor should not be one)

Hey, if the ogres can have them as pets so can we.

Need more pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I want green moas and skelk as pets.