Need suggestions on Ranger vs Engineer

in Ranger

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I’m having trouble killing mines engis. They stack conditions so quick (torment and 5 stacks of confusion are the deadliest) and it happens almost instantly when we start a fight. This i can handle, i have signet of renewal, but 5 secs after using it and i’m already stacked with conditions. Is there a way to kill them?

I’m a celestial spirit ranger using SB/Sword/Torch and 0/0/6/6/2 with Emphatic bond .

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Sit back at range and kite them with sb, make sure to use torch 5 when they get into bomb range. Use sword to always distance yourself from them and it should be an easy fight. Interrupt their turret with sb 5 too when you see them go to place it.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

1. Blast your waterfield
2. Use you elite to clear condi.
3. Drop Signet of Renewal. You need to slot for an offensive skill (burst damage).
4. Consider using axe and drop the sword. Axe allows you to stack might and it helps in kiting the engi’s turrets. Once all his crate turrets are down, engi is very vulnerable.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

It’s a tough match up for you because of how suspectable spirits are right now in rather heavy aoe meta we have going on right now. Perhaps you might want to try a different build.

Also, in what sort of situations are you encountering these engie troubles? Are you fighting them 1v1 while defending your homenode, for example? Or do you struggle against them in team fights? On the former, it’s obviously the aoe that’s forcing you off the point and killing your spirits. I haven’t played it a whole lot, but I tried running this for a couple of matches as home node defender. Everytime an engie came they could hardly dent me. The only thing you gotta watch out for is their cc, since you need the signet mainly for its passive health regen. You could swap out the elite for RaO, of course, but Entangle can set up a nice condi spike with split blade from your axe and and the burns from your torch.

The thing with confusion is that they’re not going to do much damage if you don’t use any skills, so keep track of all the conditions that are being applied to you and wait for that EB transfer. Sure, you might not be able to attack for a few seconds, but that’s still a better option than killing yourself.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Try changing your rune set out if you’re expecting to go against many condi engi’s. Our build does have its weaknesses. Condi is a huge one. I run your exact same build and condi mine engi’s can be troublesome.

Kite them off the node. You might lose the cap, but you’ll gain it back after you renew your spirits, which after it’s done puts him quickly from offensive to defensive.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I’m a celestial spirit ranger using SB/Sword/Torch and 0/0/6/6/2 with Emphatic bond .

this is your problem. both SB and sword rely on autoattack so youre eating a lot of confusion damage. that build also does weak damage so you cant expect to kill anything in a timely fashion.

in Ranger

Posted by: yLoon.5289

yLoon.5289

LB pew pew from far FTW.
Stay 1500 range from them
Your 900 range SB just could not stack as much condi as their grenades, furthermore, they can sustain better than you are.

12K AP
Level 54 Bear Rank

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Condi engi hard counter spirit ranger, it has plenty of AoE damage to kill your spirit, good healing, nice CCs and blocks, your only chance is to out damage them with conditions but I’m not sure it’s possible unless the engi is bad.

Best thing you can do is to run the other way and let him cap the point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I agree with sminkiottone, that’s a very rough matchup for spirits.

Engis are super weak against CC and not amazing against your own conditions, so that’s how you must win, especially if he’s rabid and not celestial. I run MT, entangle, drakehound and wolf and that helps a lot. If you can chain CC him and get behind him, he can’t attack you and your SB will hit the bleed damage.

Also make sure you know what the bombs do so you can dodge them. Take your engi out in to PvE and just throw bombs for a couple minutes until you get the timing of the explosions down.