Need tips

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

Hello fellow rangers! We’ll I’m typing this post today to ask for some tips regarding pvp vs a warrior.

I’m running a full apothecary regen condi build. My traits atm are 30/0/30/10/0

Well yesterday I was doing my usual thing; roaming in wvw, when I came across a condi warrior. The warrior from what I can tell ran heal signet, and those 2 shouts that make them immune to things.

The fights were longish due to our healing but I did manage to get him very low in hp. The problem is, every time he got low he would run away using his elite to get far enough to switch to a gs and use vs to run further away.

We fought many times and each time he would run when he was low. He did eventually kill me due to some weird issue I had where I couldn’t move, dodge use skills, or anything (wasn’t stunned or dazed).

The problem I have is how to prevent him from running away so that I can finish the warrior off?

If any tips can be provided that would be cool so that I can prevent getting whispers by people like him claiming I’m a bad player.

Also I use sword/torch and axe/dagger

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Use the hound and wolf for knockbacks, immobilize, fear + 2x cripple.

With your setup you should have permanent cripple so it makes it easier to catch him.

Also, if he runs away multiple times, just leave. Running warriors are not real warriors and should instantly reroll to another class. I am serious.

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

There’s not really much you can do if they run …
That’s why I usually spare the roamers who fully commit to the fight without trying to escape at low ho when I’m alone

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

easy entangle is your best friend when hes low pop it then use axe3 then sword 2 and another tip use fear from wolf hope that helps worked for me a few times

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Hello fellow rangers! We’ll I’m typing this post today to ask for some tips regarding pvp vs a warrior.

Well yesterday I was doing my usual thing; roaming in wvw, when I came across a condi warrior. The warrior from what I can tell ran heal signet, and those 2 shouts that make them immune to things.

The fights were longish due to our healing but I did manage to get him very low in hp. The problem is, every time he got low he would run away using his elite to get far enough to switch to a gs and use vs to run further away.

We fought many times and each time he would run when he was low. He did eventually kill me due to some weird issue I had where I couldn’t move, dodge use skills, or anything (wasn’t stunned or dazed).

The problem I have is how to prevent him from running away so that I can finish the warrior off?

If any tips can be provided that would be cool so that I can prevent getting whispers by people like him claiming I’m a bad player.

I would move out MM into BM or NM for the build/gear you’re using, cond duration is not worth the 30 in mm especially in pvp or against a War. They have movement traits like Mobile strikes, cleansing ire, shake it off, etc.. Hard to do much against a War built for escape.

Some pretty great BM builds out there that make use of the gear you’re rolling in, for example picking up Intimidation Training+malicious training+canines. Also can look towards Shout/regen builds too.

“If any tips can be provided that would be cool so that I can prevent getting whispers by people like him claiming I’m a bad player.”

don’t let that get to you, it’s coming from a Warrior after all. =)

JQ Druid

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: Aevis.4632

Aevis.4632

I would move out MM into BM or NM for the build/gear you’re using, cond duration is not worth the 30 in mm especially in pvp or against a War. They have movement traits like Mobile strikes, cleansing ire, shake it off, etc.. Hard to do much against a War built for escape.

Some pretty great BM builds out there that make use of the gear you’re rolling in, for example picking up Intimidation Training+malicious training+canines. Also can look towards Shout/regen builds too.

“If any tips can be provided that would be cool so that I can prevent getting whispers by people like him claiming I’m a bad player.”

don’t let that get to you, it’s coming from a Warrior after all. =)

What would one of those bm builds look like? I see those training traits in different lines so I’m trying to figure it out

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Definitely no expert on these builds, just what I have played w/& seen by other players. You can find variations of these builds in the Ranger forums w/youtube links in action, great solo/roam builds if you like non crit/pow builds.

BM crip build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAsf3oiAVo2BiVBA1ekJzjp3jYt+2XwqG
can always swap
WS III for I
WS XI for XII

BM2
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAsf3oiAVo2Bi2jMZeM9eQL23eXB/fxVHVB
WS III for I
WS XI for XII
BM X for …
also can drop VI in NM for Skirm I

Regen
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAsf3InAVWFkXQsWEQaPyEzDTcPGlOJEB
I’ve seen this one plenty of variations w/the floater 10, also easy to swap from shout build to cond/spirit build
VIII for ….

Just some vids from the Ranger community, credit goes to them not me, just passing info along.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiLl0SuVR98
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIxvZ0LnTNg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXpX7JMwRXtczc5GTrIYRIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AkX6q_kV-s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsl_gOAPqxc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGuzYBmFd5E

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I understand that Longbow isn’t a very appealing weapon to most, but this is why I always keep it on me. I use Greatsword and Longbow and it serves me well. If someone runs, swap to Longbow and the further they get from you the more damage Long Range Shot will do. It’s obviously not ideal for close-range fights, but I’m the kind of person who likes to be prepared for anything. For the people who run from me, my bow has struck them down many times.
Still, as someone has said here… If they run, you really don’t need to bother. I consider a run a forfeit. If they think otherwise I don’t really care…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

Tips. Never make a deal with a dragon, never play pool at a place called Pop’s, and never eat food at a place named Mom’s.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Need tips

in Ranger

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

There’s a trick you can do with dog pets.

If a dog tries to attack when it is outside of melee range, but within range for its leap knockdown brutal charge attack, it will do its knockdown attack assuming it is not on cooldown.

When you swap pets, you should know exactly where your pet will appear. Pet 1 = front left of you. Pet 2 = front right of you. (Unless you are near a cliff or using other pets like spirits). Figure out where you want your pet to spawn and make a tiny adjustment to make it happen… With practice and good timing you can get one dog to knockdown then immobilize, then swap to a hyena that knocks down and summons another hyena which knocks down again.

It takes a lot of practice to use it on moving players reliably and it only works while he is still near you..