Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

druid needs more stability imo……in this mess aoe stuns fears etc you cant do shhhh…….they should also revert nerf to condi cleanse from glyphs….it was nosense

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

druid needs more stability imo……in this mess aoe stuns fears etc you cant do shhhh…….they should also revert nerf to condi cleanse from glyphs….it was nosense

I agree fully.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I feel like the share amount of Immob that a Druid can pump out is a little bit asinine, Immob on so many things, procing so many times, it’s annoying.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Holy kitten i just want breakstun with stab don’t fill me in with your nonsensical rants tyvm i know what other classes can do, but you don’t even think what happens when your suggestion get adopted, how many QQ thieves, mes, necs, ele would come to this forum. we’ll direct them to you when that happens.

Ignorant. I’m done with you.

We’d actually get on par with other classes when it comes to personal performance. That would happen. Of course other classes want us to stay bad. No one wants to lose to a class that has been considered one of the most awful ones for almost 4 years.
If we become at least as powerful as other meta classes, I can get over all the cries and tears of baddies and newbs. That’s a price we all can pay.

Now that we all know that you just want rangers to suck, shall we call it a day and ask you to ignore this thread so other possible ideas how to improve ranger are shared?

In the name of the ranger community, thank you.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I feel like the share amount of Immob that a Druid can pump out is a little bit asinine, Immob on so many things, procing so many times, it’s annoying.

I both agree and disagree here.

The mathematical duration is indeed way too long. But the practical duration is almost non-existent.
The duration can be blown off by simply dealing damage to the roots, or having any means of reducing condition duration. That way – you’ll only be rooted for less than a second and you’ll be free to move out of roots and ignore the whole skill.

Our elite and our Grandmaster trait are the most powerful, yet the easiest to play against means of immobilize.
If they become reliable (roots cannot be destroyed and proc every 0,5 seconds instead of every second), I’d be all in for having the durations nerfed.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Holy kitten i just want breakstun with stab don’t fill me in with your nonsensical rants tyvm i know what other classes can do, but you don’t even think what happens when your suggestion get adopted, how many QQ thieves, mes, necs, ele would come to this forum. we’ll direct them to you when that happens.

You want your breakstun with stab. I don’t want my damage on mobility signets that are never used in PvE.

I think I was mistaken by calling you clueless; you’re just horribly obtuse.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

never used in PvE.

Exactly the problem. And you wouldn’t understand because…

I think I was mistaken by calling you clueless; you’re just horribly obtuse.

You just described yourself perfectly. Saved me the time. Ty.

(edited by niconori.7235)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

niconori.7235

We’d actually get on par with other classes when it comes to personal performance. That would happen. Of course other classes want us to stay bad. No one wants to lose to a class that has been considered one of the most awful ones for almost 4 years.
If we become at least as powerful as other meta classes, I can get over all the cries and tears of baddies and newbs. That’s a price we all can pay.

Now that we all know that you just want rangers to suck, shall we call it a day and ask you to ignore this thread so other possible ideas how to improve ranger are shared?

You don’t get it too? I would welcome buffs but in a more spread out and synergistic way than dumping everything into one single utility skill. Is that so hard to comprehend? The first page listed many great ideas already then I suggested a breakstun + stab on lower cooldown then came this guy with this kittened idea that no we suck we need everything concentrated into one utility skill so we can leave all the dumb traits untouched. So smart.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

You don’t get it too? I would welcome buffs but in a more spread out and synergistic way than dumping everything into one single utility skill. Is that so hard to comprehend? The first page listed many great ideas already then I suggested a breakstun + stab on lower cooldown then came this guy with this kittened idea that no we suck we need everything concentrated into one utility skill so we can leave all the dumb traits untouched. So smart.

Terminally dumb, I see. There’s nothing synergistic about a damage buff on a 25% run speed passive signet. Nor a second stun break on another signet because you’re apparently to lazy to look up the fact that we already have a stunbreak signet, it’s called Signet of Renewal.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I think everyone agrees that the base* ranger, its offensive traits and weapon coeffsients, need buffs. And pets need some work. Going head to head about the functionality of a signet is kinda.. dumb.

*base, because the druid trait line and its skills are for the most part just fine for what it does. It’d be more interesting to see how an offensive ranger elite spec would fare along with base ranger buffs.

There’s nothing synergistic about a damage buff on a 25% run speed passive signet. Nor a second stun break on another signet because you’re apparently to lazy to look up the fact that we already have a stunbreak signet, it’s called Signet of Renewal.

There is nothing synergistic about any stun break and their categories. We got two survival skills with stun breaks, warriors got three stances, guardian got two shouts and two meditations etc. If anything, two stun breaks from one category is almost just as common as one.
I like your SotH idea though. Add stun break, superspeed and shorten the cooldown. Perhaps buff the attack of opportunity aswell, and go back on the moment of clarity nerf. They should also reintroduce the opening strike idea to the signet trait, or whatever else that fits in with a needed marksmanship minor traits rework. And speaking of marksmanship, steady focus needs to be based on the amount of endurance you got left, so that using a core mechanic of the game doesn’t completely shut it off.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

I just think that steady focus should trigger on consumed endurance instead of full endurance, like the thief trait. We spend a far greater amount of time with endurance not filled up than when it is filled up.

Similarly, if Predator’s Onslaught is going to stay as is, then greatsword (having to waste your block to cripple something is kinda silly) and other weapons that aren’t mainhand sword need better access to high cripple/chill/immob uptimes without gimmicks.

The moment of opportunity on our signets could also use the thief signet treatment, which instead of this big bonus that usually gets consumed by an autoattack or the pet’s autoattack, it buffs the next 3 ability casts.

Or they can keep the damage bonus on the ability, make it two stacks, and only consumed by special attacks which we could categorize as abilities that are not the autoattack. Especially useful to the pets so it applies to their damaging abilities instead of some gimpy autoattack.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

niconori.7235

Terminally dumb, I see.

Ty for describing yourself again. Did I say stun break only? I said stunbreak + stab.

I was also referring to synergistic in terms of traits. You should learn to read first before turning yourself into a rabid dog.

Let’s go back to your suggestions, I suggested the shifting the damage increase to hunt because as its name implies, hunt, and therefore should be an offensive signet, if it just break stuns and gives super speed wouldn’t it be similar to quickening zephyr less the quickness?

As for the current signet of the wild, the passive is great for generating extra astral force (unless of course Anet gives us a new way to generate astral force in or out of combat) in pvp and serves as a second source of stab. Would anyone pop this skill for the damage increase? Damage increase on this signet serves little purpose. That’s why I feel that it should be moved away to SotH to make SotH less useless as it is right now.

Your suggestions not only make SotH a clone of QZ and still a mehhh skill you also remove a way for us to generate extra AF while giving it a super buff both offensively and defensively (why would you want to lump everything together onto 1 utility?) that will instant down squishies in wvw and pvp and will eventually invite daily QQs to our forum. Your suggestions have no basis of reasoning and nothing short of personal rants.

If you choose to not discuss constructively, I’ll waste no more time on you.

(edited by niconori.7235)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I disagree. The stability on Signet of the Wild serves to help the ranger reliably land the damage increase. Removing the stability component would remove some synergy and force the player to blow 2 cool downs to land a burst, not really an ideal solution. Seems a bit of a nerf. Astral force on its own isn’t that difficult to currently generate. I’m locked out of celestial avatar more by the timer rather than the resource.

Besides, aren’t glass cannons supposed to be vulnerable to heavy burst? That’s the draw back of the builds. Focusing on giving them sustain by neutering our damage seems doubly counter productive.

Granted I’m not that heavy in favor of stacking damage buffs on ranger utilities. Seems lazy and narrows build diversity.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

niconori.7235

Thank you for your constructive comment Mr Pin. That’s a really interesting way to look at it. Maybe it’s just me but I find that it isn’t that easy to generate AF if I do not spec into bm or have the passive regen from SotW.

Besides, aren’t glass cannons supposed to be vulnerable to heavy burst? That’s the draw back of the builds. Focusing on giving them sustain by neutering our damage seems doubly counter productive.

I agree. Sure I would love to have signet of the wild at half its current cooldown and 1/4s cast time the only issue is…

Granted I’m not that heavy in favor of stacking damage buffs on ranger utilities. Seems lazy and narrows build diversity.

Me too.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

I just think that steady focus should trigger on consumed endurance instead of full endurance, like the thief trait. We spend a far greater amount of time with endurance not filled up than when it is filled up.

We have loads of weapon evades and easy acces to vigor via primal reflexes, if you can bear skipping out on sharpening edges. It’d still be a massive improvement to the trait while keeping the flavor as a bonus. I’m not a big fan of spending endurance for the sake of getting a damage buff, it’s counter intuitive to the entire dodge mechanic when dodging becomes a part of the damage rotation (unless you’re built around it like the daredevil is).

It’s not that important to me, whatever improves it I’m fine with. Just my two cents.

I’m fully onboard with your attack of opportunity idea. It’s nothing else than a Maul-buffer at the moment, unless you swap to something like a dog the moment you stun someone, so that the knockdown hits like a truck aswell.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’m not a big fan of spending endurance for the sake of getting a damage buff, it’s counter intuitive to the entire dodge mechanic when dodging becomes a part of the damage rotation (unless you’re built around it like the daredevil is).

Ain’t that the truth, and yet, they gave us Light on Your Feet. Thankfully, the suggestion is already in the opening post to include activation of the bonus on evade rather than restricting it to dodges.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

The thing is that there’s more than a ton of ideas about how our abilities AND traits can be improved or simply straight buffed …

And your idea literally torn several builds that people play apart. Your suggestion was not an improvement – it was technically a rework for players who never used it at a cost of gameplay of people who use it today.
He wasn’t technically gluing everything into one ability. He just improved the one we already have in a specific way. You, on the other hand, forced people into 2 signets instead of one in case they want to keep their former SotW builds.

I am not really that shocked he called you clueless – because in this point of view – you were. I don’t mean it as an offense. It’s perfectly natural not to know something you haven’t thought of before. But even if it doesn’t feel friendly – people who tell you straight are the ones that you can learn from.
I am sorry for his behavior, but I believe you understand me and his position when I tell you we both have suffered from conversations, forum trolls and plain kittens who just came here to get us nerfed … and it became exhausting after a time. It also gets frustrating to explain the same things over over and over again.

If I were to change the signets – I’d definitely try to keep the use of SotW. When it comes to SotH – that is a signet you can brainstorm around. That is a signet that literally no one uses or ever will and makes a perfect subject for rework or change of mechanics.

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

1. Revert ancient seeds nerf. It needs to remove 2 conditions. The way it stands, sustained condition output from other classes can’t be mitigated. Needs to have a better counter.

2. Shortbow is too weak damage wise. The extremely low range requires us to be on top of enemies and the attacks are simply too weak and have minimal utility. If longbow does high damage far away, Shortbow should do high(er) damage close up.

3. The weak ranged attacks that can only be used at close range don’t make sense? Maybe give the auto attack 3 parts. Something like cripple, bleed, poison. Especially if the plan is to keep the damage so low. Or have it be bleed, poison, and some finishing hit with high direct damage. Ruthless strike, 1000 base damage.

4. Skill 4 should be changed to be useful at close range, a melee attack of some sort. Face Smash or something that causes immobilize and/or confusion.

5. The weapon needs a blast finisher. Maybe have the arrow from skill 5 explode on impact.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

(edited by Archon.6480)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I both agree and disagree here.

The mathematical duration is indeed way too long. But the practical duration is almost non-existent.
*The duration can be blown off by simply dealing damage to the roots, or having any means of reducing condition duration. *That way – you’ll only be rooted for less than a second and you’ll be free to move out of roots and ignore the whole skill.

Our elite and our Grandmaster trait are the most powerful, yet the easiest to play against means of immobilize.
If they become reliable (roots cannot be destroyed and proc every 0,5 seconds instead of every second), I’d be all in for having the durations nerfed.

i agree fully: the roots is the most underwhelming effect in this game.

Let see the ways you can get out of those:

• kill the roots (only take a couple of autos as they have almost no hp)
  • condition duration reduced by rune or food for about 20%.
  • moving with swiftness. the roots will pop out really slow. Daze doesnt prevent you from moving.
  • cleanse
  • cleanse immob by passive trait.
  • blink
  • teleport
  • shadow step.
  • friendly knockback (yeh i hate when other players do that)

When the roots get actually reliable so the ways you can escape are reduced around 2 i’d be all for reduce the duration.

in our case we will be best if Anet just remove the roots and apply all the bleeds and full immob at the first tick.

what i would like:

• roots keep you in place and only way to get out is to kill the root.. No cleanse, no reduce condi, no tp\blink.
  • roots get damage reduction 90% when they are not targeted.

you still can get out in one second, but you will need to switch targets (there is a keybind for closest target that roots will always be).

Players will have to learn how to deal with the mechanic, the same as we all had to deal with condi reapers or the new absurd OP bunker condi mesmer.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

Ranger needs proper signet rework. There are millions of beautiful and cool things that can be done with signets and the trait related to them.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Ranger needs proper signet rework. There are millions of beautiful and cool things that can be done with signets and the trait related to them.

i was actually thinking about this, the actual trait is really really meh.

what about:

• Signets active CD reworked. 60 secs for one stunbreak and cleanse will probably kill your pet is not good enough.
  • All signets actives and passives only affects the ranger and its pet. Thus SoR will only break stun and transfer the condis from the ranger to the pet. Thus a CD reduction also would be welcome.
  • GM will make signet passives to affect up to 5 allies around the ranger.
  • this GM could be moved to NM in place of invigorating bond.
I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

what about:

• Signets active CD reworked. 60 secs for one stunbreak and cleanse will probably kill your pet is not good enough.
  • All signets actives and passives only affects the ranger and its pet. Thus SoR will only break stun and transfer the condis from the ranger to the pet. Thus a CD reduction also would be welcome.
  • GM will make signet passives to affect up to 5 allies around the ranger.
  • this GM could be moved to NM in place of invigorating bond.

No, thank you.

Reduce cooldowns on the signets appropriately, add stun break and superspeed on activation to SotH, change the trait to synergize with the opening strike traits like they planned to (remove the might if necessary). Merge Enlargement with the signet trait, add an adept trait that gives you a small damage modifier against vulernable foes and refreshes opening strike on weapon swap. Merge two of the minor Marksmanship trait, add a third minor that refreshes opening strike aswell (potentially moving the refreshing part from Remorseless to the minor, and perhaps buffing Remorseless with something else if needed (which I doubt it needs at that point)).

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I bet tomorrow we will get all the amazing fixes and improvements that were asked for!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I bet tomorrow we will get all the amazing fixes and improvements that were asked for!

You guys owe me a legendary if most of the changes here are on the patch tomorrow! XD

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

You guys owe me a legendary if most of the changes here are on the patch tomorrow! XD

I think players that have longest time played on ranger should get a free legendary of choice.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: sheiun.3290

sheiun.3290

I’m just came here general to talk about idea what could be improvement for Druid/Ranger general as despite they keeping nerfing/nerfing/nerfing and one day it’s gone flush out!. I really hope Arenanet please listen this idea if you can! & I mean look at the final ESL Esport PRO league Finals 4 Revenant, DH, Scrapper, Tempest, Reaper & Druid nothing literally at all 0000000.. Anyway, let’s get back to the what I was talking about.
Pets:
BristleBack give back +25% damage and just remain it forever you can fix the 20-15shot but 25% put it back. Give them more HP Boost in PvP, WvW say 15-20% so they wouldn’t die that super incredible quick, despite being so low in pvp Health it just too fast they die out at times even I heal can’t keep up certain times of it. No not like PVE health lower than that
Specialization:
*Marksmanship:
*Moment of Clarity give them to what 100% was original it wasn’t that super OP….
Wildness Survival: Share of Anguish maybe instead 1 minutes recharge I say give it 30s?. It help Ranger/Druid alot as it get CC away from it.
Steady Focus: 10 % dmg boost while having with fury and your pet get too 10%
Companion Defense: Give it 5s rather 2s still remain the dodge roll for protection boon.
Nature Magic:
*Allies Aid give it around kitten recharge rather than 85s think as “Search and Rescue” when you rework the skills & lower the recharge!.
*Evasion Purity try give it lower recharge down from 10s-5s if you can rather than just buff Vigorous Training increasing the second Vigor boon.
*Nature’s Vengeance: instead just giving boons and larger radius when spirit-activated why not give them "Spirit Bond’ that allow spirit following you that back in the past ranger what use to have it!?. It what make ranger spirit great adding that and perhaps 100% buff more health to spirit make it 200%!.
Druid:
*Celestial Being perhaps give it buff for healing an ally to 2 instead 1 1/4s to increase Celestial avatar energy bar and damage to 1.
*Live Vicariously: Please remove this trait it still one the horrible trait I’ve seen switch to something else and perhaps adding recharge 6s make it something useful change it like an example Nature magic: Fortifying Bond rather you share with your pets that you get our own boons you share with an ally instead about radius 360! also affected by boon duration & Lingering magic trait!
*Druid Clarity: Perhaps give it 6s resistance boon when enter Celestial Avatar so the Condition Bomb can’t just restack again Crowd Control condition out crap on going Celestial Avatar on and no Recharge!! Addin please!.
*Natural Mender: I said perhaps give it buff from 2%-3%? so x5 is 15% outgoing heal effectiveness!.
Weapon:
*Shortbow: I really hope you can reconsidered these back in those day I want it rebuff again where it was original at 900-1200 range & make it Shortbow useful again it never was super OP so i don’t know why nerf the range of it!
Skills:
*Celestial Avatar: I was thinking if you can give them 6s stability boon when they enter Celestial Avatar so that when they enter trying heal people crap out they wouldn’t get CC train everytime & Druid clarity buffing 6s Resistance.
*Signet of the Wild: I putting this just for remove the whole thingy Giant process when being transform rather I just want a normal size with given addin no transformation & that goes being said same to Marksmanship: Enlargement too!.
*All Traps: I want the old traps to be back emplacement ground target where you can put it anyway you like rather be at your own feet character. It make super great what an old ranger trap build use to be with range 600!. Please I hope you can given back & removing the healing spring trigger radius it make horrible while have to wait somebody step in and receive the healing spring I’ve rather be just put down and 10s you receive it
Optional(Only) new profession skills F6-F7:
*Flare: set a flare around the place location revealing enemy for 2s when they step in remain forever reveal till out and next attack will be unblockable x3 for 6s. Recharge 15s, duration 6s, Range 600 and Radius effect 360!.
*Nature Unbound: Teleport to the location and gain a Shroud of Unbound for 6s. Any ally or enemy that step in will given 1 condition each per 2s and boon 1 each per 2s when they step in your Shroud of Unbound. Recharge 30s, duration 6s, Range 1200 and radius effect 360.
Nature Magic.
*Nature Vengeance: Now added a spirit while moving and gain twice- spirit activated before die.
Druid, Live Vicariously remove and switched to Nature Swift on it.
Nature swift: Replace, to a healing recovery every 3s to the you and your ally. Radius 360.
Rework, skills Stone Spirit give accessible now to place one stationary of where you place ground target and when spirit-activate Teleport you to that location.
Breakstun and range 1,200. Similar like fleshwurm
So, this is my idea for improvement and & Optional for new profession skills. Feel free to post comment anything negative/positive I appreciate a feedback. Although I wish any Arenanet developer I would hope seeing this thank you and have a nice day. Also, many by Wondrouswall.7169 idea please also listen to him and thanks.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

USELESS THREAD

The biggest ranger feedback/rework thread only served 1 trait change which was enlargement.

I do not know bout you guys but I give up on the devs. So much potential of the game lost like falling sand, As fast as I pick it up, It runs away through my clutching hands.

Call me Elitist or Over Expecting, I do not care. All the changes in the notes can be done in 1 month. and yet we wait 4 months for it.

Sorry guys, we tried.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

USELESS THREAD

The biggest ranger feedback/rework thread only served 1 trait change which was enlargement.

I do not know bout you guys but I give up on the devs. So much potential of the game lost like falling sand, As fast as I pick it up, It runs away through my clutching hands.

Call me Elitist or Over Expecting, I do not care. All the changes in the notes can be done in 1 month. and yet we wait 4 months for it.

Sorry guys, we tried.

No legendary for you!

All joking aside, nice job with the thread. It seems the Devs were more concerned with too much survivability in PvP across the board. I think that was their target. Maybe next time we’ll get some of these. All is not lost!

FYI: The hunters call update was taken from one of these threads way back when. That exact feature was asked for.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

USELESS THREAD

Sorry guys, we tried.

In this cases i hate to be right but i told you so. It is not the first time we do this, it takes nowhere.
Enlargement is a bugfix not a change. A passive trait should not mess with your gameplay or we could be the only pringaos that had that premium experience

they moslty applied nerfs again.

No legendary for you!

All joking aside, nice job with the thread. It seems the Devs were more concerned with too much survivability in PvP across the board. I think that was their target. Maybe next time we’ll get some of these. All is not lost!

FYI: The hunters call update was taken from one of these threads way back when. That exact feature was asked for.

you must be new here, however the sustain wasn’t compromised in any other class.

• ele heal less but more often.
  • mesmer got a lot of new procs like protection.
  • warrior can accumulate invulnerability.
  • revenant will copy its conditions to enemies.
  • thief will steal more boons.
  • And all those classes got a DPS increase in some area except the ele.
  • The ranger got nerf i sustain and DPS.
I TOLD YOU SO

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Zenith.7301

USELESS THREAD

Sorry guys, we tried.

In this cases i hate to be right but i told you so. It is not the first time we do this, it takes nowhere.
Enlargement is a bugfix not a change. A passive trait should not mess with your gameplay or we could be the only pringaos that had that premium experience

they moslty applied nerfs again.

No legendary for you!

you must be new here, however the sustain wasn’t compromised in any other class.

• ele heal less but more often.
  • mesmer got a lot of new procs like protection.
  • warrior can accumulate invulnerability.
  • revenant will copy its conditions to enemies.
  • thief will steal more boons.
  • And all those classes got a DPS increase in some area except the ele.
  • The ranger got nerf i sustain and DPS.

Revenant did not get a DPS increase lol. It got a DPS nerf, do you people even read?

There was nothing but nerfs to revenant, a few tweaks to useless traits that still won’t be used because condi revenant is flaming garbage.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

This patch was a total disappointment for me. Where are my kitten signet reworks/buffs? Where are the reworked utilities? Where is the build variety? I was hoping so much, at least hoping signets to work properly. I feel sad.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Bump 15 characters

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

To all those who miss cleric Grab a sage amulet or magi amulet if you more support. Grab a toughness signet and grab toughness runes that is as close to cleric stats as you will get.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

signet of the wild – make it instant cast and break stuns, remove the extra 25% dmg over 8 secs. reduce base cooldown by 10-20 secs.

signet of the hunt – active effect extra 25% dmg over x secs instead.

That’s backwards. It’s signet of the hunt which should break stuns and grant superspeed.

Signet of the Wild needs passive switched away from that useless 70-80 hp heal into the same power stat boost thieves/necro/warrior get. Make the active a 1/4 sec cast and reduce cd to 30 seconds, increase duration to 10 seconds.

These suggestions are gross..

Remove the 25% damage buff? I use that very often for bursting…

Signet of the hunt? Just rework the active to something else, it’s only practical use as of now is GS#2 and maybe axe oh #4 but idk about that one… Maybe have it grant 5 seconds of super speed & remove movement impairing effects? If you still wanted to keep the offensive component you could make it give X seconds of unblockable with X might stacks…

As for SotW its actually rather useful for filling up that CAF bar of yours if you didn’t notice… I would however like to see those numbers bumped up a bit as it scales for crap with healing power…

Also lowering SotW cast time? It grants 5 stability, 25% damage boost, 50% movement boost, all for 8 seconds… That’s a lot of effects for a 1 second cast time… Honestly I feel other classes need their cast time increased as instant or near instant skills are not fun to play against…

If you really want to see SotW’s true power play a berserker or marauder pet boon share build, get yourself 25 might stacks, pop SotW, PBS, rapid fire, and CAF #5… Toss in a pet taunt & protect me taunt as needed to hold them down and they are dunzo…

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

If you really want to see SotW’s true power play a berserker or marauder pet boon share build, get yourself 25 might stacks, pop SotW, PBS, rapid fire, and CAF #5… Toss in a pet taunt & protect me taunt as needed to hold them down and they are dunzo…

This didn’t work anywhere outside of aluminum foil league.
It is way too situational and requires way too much presetting and is easily countered, as well.
SotW has incredibly long Cooldown. It matches the CD of an Elite and is our 2nd only way to get stability. All our stability sources can actually get interrupted which is not fine. Either SotP or SotW should be instant. CAF #5 procs stability instantly but is short-lasting and makes you stationary.

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The passive for SotW seems great for charging up Celestial Avatar so I would keep it even though its healing is kind of low.

The movement speed is what seems least necessary on SotW’s active. One of the things Ranger (LB Ranger in particular) desperately needs IMO is some kind of unblockability, since Anet is probably just gonna sit on its hands with regards to toning down the excessive projectile-hate they put in with HoT. I would replace the movement speed with 8s of unblockable attacking.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Allison The Strange.4519

This didn’t work anywhere outside of aluminum foil league.
It is way too situational and requires way too much presetting and is easily countered, as well.
SotW has incredibly long Cooldown. It matches the CD of an Elite and is our 2nd only way to get stability. All our stability sources can actually get interrupted which is not fine. Either SotP or SotW should be instant. CAF #5 procs stability instantly but is short-lasting and makes you stationary.

I got to mid diamond season 2 solo queue before I got bored w/ PvP… I was either running that build or on my thief and I had about a 60~70% win rate…

Also sure it sucks that MOST of our stability sources can be interrupted but atleast we have more reliable stability sources than necro, rev, mesmer, and thief. Enlargement (trait) is instant casted SotW.

Rev’s only non interuptable stability is when they dodge, and even then only if they traited for it. Maybe we should look at necromancer who only has two non interuptable stability but one must be traited for and the other requires reaper trait line. Maybe mesmer? They get power break (it’s good if you trait for it), well of precog (nearly useless), and bountiful disillusionment in the chaos trait line (which is a decent line but others are better).

What does ranger get? Enlargement which is a non interuptable trait that gives stability, 25% damage buff, 50% move speed, a signet that does the same thing as Enlargement, and Strength of the Pack which also gives stability, fury, swiftness, & might. If a ranger strings all of it’s stability in a line you can have 25 seconds of stability up time (8 + 8 + 9). To top off the fact we can have such a long up time both of the skills and trait are on a 48s cooldown each (if traited signets & shouts). For those of you who can’t do basic math, that means we can have just over a 50% uptime on stability in perfect circumstances.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Allison The Strange.4519

The passive for SotW seems great for charging up Celestial Avatar so I would keep it even though its healing is kind of low.

The movement speed is what seems least necessary on SotW’s active. One of the things Ranger (LB Ranger in particular) desperately needs IMO is some kind of unblockability, since Anet is probably just gonna sit on its hands with regards to toning down the excessive projectile-hate they put in with HoT. I would replace the movement speed with 8s of unblockable attacking.

I agree with this as being a viable option. I do however sometimes find myself being saved by that movement speed when I get outnumbered in fights by using the signet, stealth, and go +1 another fight while 2~3 people try to find me.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Hello developers, bump.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So, since no ones said it yet, can we please get a buff to Hyenas? I’m not asking for them to have the same power as a normal canine, but maybe have a bit more than half? At the moment, even with their friend out they don’t deal nearly enough damage to make it worthwhile.

We should either have more power brought back to them, or my personal favorite, remove the time limit on the hyena ally so we can once again have a legion of Hyenas at our beck and call given enough time…. i miss those days…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: zero.5316

zero.5316

Please for the love of the six gods, eternal alchemy, eternal paradise, great forge, sky above the sky, great dwarf and, the dragons look into wyvern pets!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oromrmjICrg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QC5dx9fTiE

They do less damage then pigs, pigs! I feel worse brining a wyvern then being a bearbow

(edited by zero.5316)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Please for the love of the six gods, eternal alchemy, eternal paradise, great forge, sky above the sky, great dwarf and, the dragons look into wyvern pets!

They do less damage then pigs, pigs! I feel worse brining a wyvern then being a bearbow

I know right!? I cringe every time I see rangers with a Fire Wyvern. They only take it because IT’S SO COOL. Yet it’s the most useless pet of the game. Even the PIG is more useful, it hatches eggs !

Don’t even try to reason with me because you think Wing Buffet is the CC destroyer. Just bring a Wolf instead, it does the same job and actually connect its hit !

So, really, no point to bring the wyvern, especially the Fire Wyvern. At least the Electric one has a good CC charge and it’s mostly used in Raids and PvP.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Maybe we should start a new thread and use 2017 instead?

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The wyverns do good damage against a completely stationary target and bring a lot of CC…. but the problem is… i said COMPLETELY STATIONARY, and unless this is PvE that aint happening.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: zero.5316

zero.5316

The wyverns do good damage against a completely stationary target and bring a lot of CC…. but the problem is… i said COMPLETELY STATIONARY, and unless this is PvE that aint happening.

That’s the thing, on paper wyverns look great… It’s that they can’t hit anything is what’s hurting them so much.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

They don’t deal good damage even vs stationary targets. They are trash.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I don’t know if this is still relevant, but I do hope that just even just 1 change can be applied on the upcoming balance patch.

Sorry for the necro. I just had to.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

It’s still relevant. All of these discussions and suggestions are valid since nothing really changed.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

It’s still relevant. All of these discussions and suggestions are valid since nothing really changed.

I am still hoping for our horrendous traits to get buffed or changed. Seriously. I can smell a huge nerf to druid sometime soon, making some of our core ranger traits viable will be gladly welcomed.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Some things I would like to see for Longbow:

• Lead the Wind becomes Glass Arrows: whenever your projectile is reflected, it’s destroyed instead. +10% attack speed, 20% cd reduction.
  • Pierces by default.
  • Hunter’s Shot will always stealth. no hit required.
  • Point Blank Shot range increase from 1200 to 1500. At 1200 range or more: 1s knockdown instead of a knockback.

Why: So it can compete better with Staff. Reliable stealth instead of reliable mobility and something to counter reflect, but not completely negate it. Reflect is rather overpowered against Longbow. Instead of 100% damage going in one direction, it’s going 100% into the other direction, which is a 200% difference. Projectile destroy is 100% damage reduction, which is still strong, but more fair.