Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Some things I would like to see for Longbow:

• Lead the Wind becomes Glass Arrows: whenever your projectile is reflected, it’s destroyed instead. +10% attack speed, 20% cd reduction.
  • Pierces by default.
  • Hunter’s Shot will always stealth. no hit required.
  • Point Blank Shot range increase from 1200 to 1500. At 1200 range or more: 1s knockdown instead of a knockback.

Why: So it can compete better with Staff. Reliable stealth instead of reliable mobility and something to counter reflect, but not completely negate it. Reflect is rather overpowered against Longbow. Instead of 100% damage going in one direction, it’s going 100% into the other direction, which is a 200% difference. Projectile destroy is 100% damage reduction, which is still strong, but more fair.

As others have mentioned, Lead The Wind should somewhat tied to be an unblockable. I like your idea but it still does not address that there so much Blocks in the game right now (just think of DH having countless blocks, and that is only 1 class)

Another thing that needs to be addressed is there is so much projectile hate in the game at the same time. Eles and Scrappers.

Last thing, we only have 1 unblockable source per se, and that is traps. We all know our traps are inferior compared to other classes.

The combination of blocks, reflects, and projectile hate should really give the justification for us to have access to unblockables.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Well Longbow has 1500 range, which is a big upside, but reflect is way too strong against it. Destroy is extremely strong already, but at least it’s more fair than reflect. I think my suggestion would be a good middle-ground. Making it all unblockable would maybe be too powerful in the opposite direction. Or you’d get things like 50% chance to be unblockable, but that’s no good, just look at Strider’s Defense and why it’s never used.

Speaking of unblockable, maybe Hunter’s Shot should be unblockable at least, so it always stealths.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Well Longbow has 1500 range, which is a big upside, but reflect is way too strong against it. Destroy is extremely strong already, but at least it’s more fair than reflect. I think my suggestion would be a good middle-ground. Making it all unblockable would maybe be too powerful in the opposite direction. Or you’d get things like 50% chance to be unblockable, but that’s no good, just look at Strider’s Defense and why it’s never used.

Speaking of unblockable, maybe Hunter’s Shot should be unblockable at least, so it always stealths.

I would say it wouldnt become OP. Let’s take in for example necro. Unblockable marks are AoE vs Rangers LB which is 1 target, RF is highly telegraphed.

Just compare other classes access to unblockables:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unblockable

we have 6, 4 of them are traps, 1 doesnt damage at all.

OR we could have a condition on it, “Under the effects of fury, LB skills are unblocakble” This makes awesome synergy with the Skirmishing line.

Just an idea tho, not saying its the best.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d still like to see something done about Go For The Eyes. We were fine before without it, and after the nerf, we are still fine without it.

I’d like to have Wilting Strike replace Go For The Eyes and have a new master trait in BM that can build more synergy with Resounding Timbre, Beastly Warden, and “Protect Me!” with or without Resounding Timbre.

Feral Aggression: Cast “Sic ’Em!” when your Pet taunts a foe. ICD 40s and can be reduced with Resounding Timbre.

Your Pet taunts a foe by either means, and the Pet strikes harder and moves faster. Foe is revealed in case they break out of it, and if Resounding Timbre is taken, regen & swiftness.

As good as “Sic ’Em!” can be, it has a very niche use in roaming and 1v1 scenarios, working best against stealth classes, which only a third of the professions have long and multiple access to.

This would be a good way to bring, not only more synergy within the traitline, but give it a wider use in other builds and modes while strengthening the niche on single-target revealing. It’s long ICD also keeps it from being overpowering.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I’d still like to see something done about Go For The Eyes. We were fine before without it, and after the nerf, we are still fine without it.

I’d like to have Wilting Strike replace Go For The Eyes and have a new master trait in BM that can build more synergy with Resounding Timbre, Beastly Warden, and “Protect Me!” with or without Resounding Timbre.

Feral Aggression: Cast “Sic ’Em!” when your Pet taunts a foe. ICD 40s and can be reduced with Resounding Timbre.

Your Pet taunts a foe by either means, and the Pet strikes harder and moves faster. Foe is revealed in case they break out of it, and if Resounding Timbre is taken, regen & swiftness.

As good as “Sic ’Em!” can be, it has a very niche use in roaming and 1v1 scenarios, working best against stealth classes, which only a third of the professions have long and multiple access to.

This would be a good way to bring, not only more synergy within the traitline, but give it a wider use in other builds and modes while strengthening the niche on single-target revealing. It’s long ICD also keeps it from being overpowering.

Wow this sounds so good. Really.

Just a question related to this, The wiki mentions that Sic Em is unblockable, I am guessing its the cast right?

This would be even better if Sic Em made your pets attacks unblockable right?

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I guess, sure. I’m still on the boat to have Remorseless provide the unblockable aspect as pet attacks are kind of… varied and mostly weak.

I’ll chime in once more because looking back on the first page, I think some interesting and streamlined things can be done to the poison traits you listed. I’m thinking instead:

Refined Toxins: Poison damage you apply is 25% stronger. You and your Pet apply poison when above 75% health (10s ICD).

Seeing how we have Hidden Barbs as a master trait, moving the increased poison damage down would be all right. Then we do a throwback with a mix of what you suggested and twist it as a unique debuff that anyone can contribute to as a Poison Master replacement.

Edge of Extinction: Cast Edge of Extinction (6s) on a foe when you apply Poison that matches or exceeds the threshold. Stack Threshold: 5. (20s ICD)
Edge of Extinction: When target foe is Poisoned, nearby foes are also Poisoned (4s).
(240 radius & 1s ICD)

As of now, there is only one unique group debuff and that’s Necromancer’s Vampiric Signet. I’d like to see more of these and a Wilderness Survival GM seems like a perfect fit, though, not exactly low-hanging fruit.

Would be great, not only with Refined Toxins, but also synergize with Short Bow, the Murellow, Spiders, Devourers, and anything poison related. 1s ICD on the effect, as well as a 20s ICD to cast it on a foe keeps it in check.

Being a unique debuff would also mean others can contribute to poisoning the target to spread out the poison to other enemies. So, it introduces to the Ranger a different support/team-oriented type of play.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I guess, sure. I’m still on the boat to have Remorseless provide the unblockable aspect as pet attacks are kind of… varied and mostly weak.

I’ll chime in once more because looking back on the first page, I think some interesting and streamlined things can be done to the poison traits you listed. I’m thinking instead:

Refined Toxins: Poison damage you apply is 25% stronger. You and your Pet apply poison when above 75% health (10s ICD).

Seeing how we have Hidden Barbs as a master trait, moving the increased poison damage down would be all right. Then we do a throwback with a mix of what you suggested and twist it as a unique debuff that anyone can contribute to as a Poison Master replacement.

Edge of Extinction: Cast Edge of Extinction (6s) on a foe when you apply Poison that matches or exceeds the threshold. Stack Threshold: 5. (20s ICD)
Edge of Extinction: When target foe is Poisoned, nearby foes are also Poisoned (4s).
(240 radius & 1s ICD)

As of now, there is only one unique group debuff and that’s Necromancer’s Vampiric Signet. I’d like to see more of these and a Wilderness Survival GM seems like a perfect fit, though, not exactly low-hanging fruit.

Would be great, not only with Refined Toxins, but also synergize with Short Bow, the Murellow, Spiders, Devourers, and anything poison related. 1s ICD on the effect, as well as a 20s ICD to cast it on a foe keeps it in check.

Being a unique debuff would also mean others can contribute to poisoning the target to spread out the poison to other enemies. So, it introduces to the Ranger a different support/team-oriented type of play.

Another great idea, lemme edit my original post. I would even say that Edge of Extinction needs a Poison duration trait like thieve’s Potent poison. We have 0 condi duration on our traits. 300 radius atleast.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I would say our lack of condition duration traits is an okay trade-off. Thieves have the damage and duration stacked in one trait, but their poison application is far less than what we have at our disposal.

240 radius seems fine, as Guardian’s GM trait for their passive Virtue that sets foes on fire, as well as Berserker’s GM trait is 240. Same radius as most AOEs like traps, bombs, some sigils, and such.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

I would say our lack of condition duration traits is an okay trade-off. Thieves have the damage and duration stacked in one trait, but their poison application is far less than what we have at our disposal.

240 radius seems fine, as Guardian’s GM trait for their passive Virtue that sets foes on fire, as well as Berserker’s GM trait is 240. Same radius as most AOEs like traps, bombs, some sigils, and such.

Makes sense. Just wanna say tho, I wish our poison was unique like reaper’s chill before.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

It’s still relevant. All of these discussions and suggestions are valid since nothing really changed.

I am still hoping for our horrendous traits to get buffed or changed. Seriously. I can smell a huge nerf to druid sometime soon, making some of our core ranger traits viable will be gladly welcomed.

There will be a huge nerf for all Elite specs just before the next expansion drops to make the next expansion that much better (by comparison) so they’ll sell more of it… I’m unsure though, whether HOT will become F2P or not. I guess they’ll roll it into the new expansion to help sell it.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Makes sense. Just wanna say tho, I wish our poison was unique like reaper’s chill before.

Yeah, but seeing how Anet botched that up, it would be another applying a condition also applies an additional condition trait.

And between Deathly Chill, which is the right way to go (no ICD) vs Venom Enchantment (20s ICD), the absolute crappiest way to design one of these traits – I’d rather not ask for them to give us one.

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

It’s funny how month’s later nothing was changed

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

Needed Buffs/Tweaks 2016

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s funny how years later nothing was changed

Had to change that for accuracy

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.