Nerf Druid! Enough

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkside.7182

Darkside.7182

Here is quick suggestion if you cant do anything..

Disallow pet switching in fight. they can pick 2 pets but second pet only can be active after the first pet dies. And first pet getting around 60sec cd.

With this update you can force that noob druids for fighting.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Guys plz are you mocking us or dont know what to do. Why this scrap druids still same? Why you not nerfing that kitten OP HoT pets? Druid just standing on auto attack with defensive build, healing himself, moving around and pets doing 10k damage you think this is normal? Ridiculous..

I guess you dont wanna lose noob players because %95 of gw2 noob population is playing with that trash druids-rangers..

I dont know, buff other weapons-pets-traits or something else but fix this kitten druid HoT pets with perma cowardish staff auto attack gameplay.

Make it more skillful play style.

I’m feeling you should improve your own skillful playstyle instead.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

this is one of the more articulated posts ive read for some time

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Eloquently put argument. I’m convinced.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

you are my new hero Darkside.7182 can you pls teach me how to play?

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Necro main who thinks their class is useless in pvp…

Well darkside, we are not free lunch anymore, we can bite back so watch out!

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

There actually isn’t anything wrong with what you said darkside, but nobody really cares anymore.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

Druid just standing on auto attack with defensive build, healing himself, moving around and pets doing 10k damage you think this is normal? Ridiculous..

Is the Druid standing on auto attack or moving around???
And allow me plese to ask something …. while the Druid was standing on auto attack, what did you done? Have you been AFK?

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

This post really touched me.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I enjoyed reading this.

Someone lost to a Ranger. Hard.
It made me feel proud of the player(s).

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Darkside.7182

WvW : i’m trying to catch him Sitael but its impossible.. Druid always staying away, running away, moving around tell what you want with staff 3, gs 3, stealth, root, sublime conversion for range attacks.. meanwhile i keep getting around 10k+ damage and knock down from that OP pets.. if you are lucky or druid makes a mistake and you still survive from pets attacks you have to face off with signet of stone, knock back, insane condi clean and stuns.. I dont wanna talk about druid heal abilities..

PvP : Do i really have to say anything? Just check all pvp teams and ask why you all have a druid in your team..

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Darkside.7182

of course i can teach you softlight. First, put back your staff into your bag and change your HoT pets to wolf and hound or whatever you want. arm yourself with shortbow and axe-torch or sword-torch. make practice with your new skillful condi-trapper ranger.

But i guess you cant.. You keep staying on staff 1 and wait-watch your pets for killing. This is more suits you.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Darkside.7182

I wanna ask you all if you disagree. Why you all druids keep using bristleback and smokescale if that pets are not OP?

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Seems someone got trashed by a trash druid and is upset about it.

No, but seriously, druid needs a lot of fixes, buffs, and tweaks to even come close to the top meta classes. So, go away.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

of course i can teach you softlight. First, put back your staff into your bag and change your HoT pets to wolf and hound or whatever you want. arm yourself with shortbow and axe-torch or sword-torch. make practice with your new skillful condi-trapper ranger.

But i guess you cant.. You keep staying on staff 1 and wait-watch your pets for killing. This is more suits you.

why don’t you change your own build and style instead of complaining?

Are you posting in any other profession section asking them to stand still and change their better builds?

Why don’t you learn from these encounters and improve your skills?

You are complaining about pets that struggle to hit moving targets, but are you complaining about those double 10k thief vaults?

Are you posting in any other section about their sustainability and skills?

Players are not going to play by your rules. You spvp so you are used to fighting in circles and taking advantage of condition spam, but wvw is different so you’ll need to improve yourself before complaining.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

And here we have the weekly nerf post.

It’s funny he ask for the Druids to use SB when in my experience that weapon is a destroyer of necros (and only necros).

In any case what he is saying is somehow what I pointed out: players don’t like be killed by an NPC driven completely by an AI.

I agree Rangers/Druid weapons should get a buff of plus 20% in all damage (base , condition and scaling) in all weapons. In exchange pets AI driven attacks are nerfed in a 66% so they do a dps similar to our actual staff. And f3 change to the utility attack the pet has, so we can control the canines knockdown or the moas healing screech. And all the pets get to hit the target relialibly (increase speed, increase range of melee attacks, increase protective speed)

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGuy.7206

TheFantasticGuy.7206

I don’t know about y’all but I got quite the kick out of reading OP’s posting history…

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I think the op just messed up with his punctuation marks, what he really meant to put was:
Nerf druid? Enough!
Meaning why the hell do we keep getting nerfed. He even pointed out some of our most recent nerfs like our hit to sustainability and the repeated nerfs to BB and SS.

You guys just don’t understand sarcasm.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I don’t know about y’all but I got quite the kick out of reading OP’s posting history…

Lol, yeah! :-)

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

I wanna ask you all if you disagree. Why you all druids keep using bristleback and smokescale if that pets are not OP?

Same reason as why people use all classes but Guardian in PvP in the last season? \ o.0 /

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Well, like everything HoT, HoT stuff is stronger than core… Don’t try to tell me you think any core builds are Meta PvP.

Some Druids use Lightning wyvern and I swapped out Bristleback just recently because it has been nerfed to wet noodles and Drake Chomp got buffed.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

op must be the weakst player in game if he think that durid ranger needs more nerfs…
ps most of the pets so useless cant hit moving target man get over it you just need to improve your skilss

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Because practically all the other pets are useless. Bores and Moas especially. Bristleback and Smokescale are practically the only two pets that can hit anything.

Birds are too squishy and lose a lot of damage trying to apply swiftness to everything

Canines/Felines, while useful on paper, rarely hit anything moving.

Bears are a joke outside of niche PvE encounters.

Spiders/Devourers are ok, but easily countered by strafing.

The HoT pets are some of the only options for actually doing anything.

It’s like having a rack full of wooden swords, and having 2-4 actual short-swords/daggers and being asked why only chose the later.

NSPride <3

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Here is quick suggestion if you cant do anything..

Disallow pet switching in fight. they can pick 2 pets but second pet only can be active after the first pet dies. And first pet getting around 60sec cd.

With this update you can force that noob druids for fighting.

You are the Rapidfire nerf fella, right?

L2P or uninstall.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Druids are the best sustain right now next to rev and engi

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

The OP is a real Bernstein and Woodward uncovering the truth that Druid/Ranger is OP and unbeatable in PvP! How could this go unnoticed by everyone playing PvP!

Yeah. OP history thanks for suggestion; sorry to rag on ya Darkside but you made it too easy. Yes, put that staff away for a shortbow… I can’t tell if he’s trolling or not tbh.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Druids are the best sustain right now next to rev and engi

And warrior. ….and ele. ….and mes….

LGN

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Because our other pets are largely underpowered. I’m experimenting with the dual drake set up I had before HoT launched and it’s working alright, but my drakes miss their tail swipe most of the time and it’s very, very hard to line up their F2 so that they can fully unload on the enemy. And while I am taking the time to lead my enemy into the right position and blowing control skills to keep them in place, my opponent is just going through their normal rotation and doing just as well as I am with far less effort put in, a far lower chance of failure, and much higher end results.

The drake’s tail swipe hits just as hard, if not harder, than the smokescale’s smoke assault and does it in a wide cleaving AoE. However it’s slow enough that most of the time the enemy will walk out of it’s range ON ACCIDENT before it goes off, where as smokescale’s burst is a multiple hit teleport that will track the target. Smokescale provides less overall damage but is far more consistent in being able to actually hit someone.

The drake’s F2 does less single target damage than the bristleback but has the benefit of bouncing, doing more overall damage to multiple targets. However the bristleback is able to rotate when using it’s F2 attack, allowing it to track the enemy to ensure most of the damage finds it’s mark unless the enemy actively tries to avoid it, where as, again, most enemies ACCIDENTALLY avoid my drake’s F2 simply by staying mobile.

That’s really all it comes down to. Pet damage is really, really easy to avoid in every species aside from the smokescale and bristleback. It’s bad design when an enemy is capable of accidentally avoiding a huge chunk of damage without even being aware a burst is coming.

If Anet improved the other pets’ ability to land their hits reliably you’d see more diversity in pet choices overall. If my drakes had a slightly wider hit box or a slightly faster cast time on his attacks and the ability to rotate to keep their target in line of sight I’d probably favor him over the bristleback due to having similar damage potential while being tankier and having cleave (though sacrificing the ranged auto and bleed stacks).

Then there’s the wyverns… I want to use them so bad but it’s really, really just to justify taking them over just about anything else.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

the only thing, that i would change with druid is astral force gain through dolyak runes

its to much in my opinion

die Gedanken sind frei

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

the only thing, that i would change with druid is astral force gain through dolyak runes

its to much in my opinion

It’s quite weak if you ask me. It takes more than a minute to build 100% CAF. 67 seconds to be precise. That’s an awful lot.
Resounding Timbre does the job.

I on the other hand am disappointed at how little we get by dealing damage.
If our damage filled 2,5% of our CAF up from 0,75%
(40% from Warhorn #4; 25% from Rapid Fire, Full from Barrage on 4 targets – static on 30 sec CD = balanced; CAF would fill in 20 seconds by staff #1 on 3 targets without any heal done, ),
lowering income from periodic healing ticks (Regen, Staff #1, SotW and Dolyak Rune) to 0,75% from 1,5%
would be totally amazing (increased time needed to go from 0 to 100% to 27 seconds up from 14 seconds from 5-men AoE regen).

It would feel more interactive and rewarding.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

I think you should join the lightside.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I agree, Druid has been nerfed Enough! It’s time to stop!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They aren’t “OP”, they’re functional, there’s a difference.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

To be expected ….after deleting eles who were the only ones able to go toe to toe with these mark/well spammer and 1 to 5 reapers ( diamond skin nerfed to the ground, amulets removed etc etc) it’s time for necros to jump on the next obvious threat : rangers who can not only deal with the condi spam like eles but also can more effectively deal with reapers by outranging them.

Typical : " Dear Anet pls nerf rock, paper is fine, your faithfully – Scissor " post

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Guys plz are you mocking us or dont know what to do. Why this scrap druids still same? Why you not nerfing that kitten OP HoT pets? Druid just standing on auto attack with defensive build, healing himself, moving around and pets doing 10k damage you think this is normal? Ridiculous..

I guess you dont wanna lose noob players because %95 of gw2 noob population is playing with that trash druids-rangers..

I dont know, buff other weapons-pets-traits or something else but fix this kitten druid HoT pets with perma cowardish staff auto attack gameplay.

Make it more skillful play style.

I’m feeling you should improve your own skillful playstyle instead.

Perhaps he should take his own advice that he previously posted. “so go watch some videos, guides or something and try to be a better player.”

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The hot pet are pretty much the only pets that can hit a moving target. This is why people use them. Let me ask you a question. If Druid Hot pets are so OP why is that our damage is so behind every class, Both in power and condi damage?

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

This post really touched me.

yeah, it touched me too and I’m telling a grownup.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

OP, you won’t get an honest answer about the Druid being out of balance from the peanut gallery. They don’t want their shiny taken away from them. Are there a couple of Druid builds that are bad for WvW, absolutely.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaina Ashlynn.1043

Jaina Ashlynn.1043

OP, you won’t get an honest answer about the Druid being out of balance from the peanut gallery. They don’t want their shiny taken away from them. Are there a couple of Druid builds that are bad for WvW, absolutely.

What did you really think the OP was going to get for a response when the suggestion is basically to shut down/handicap 1/3 of a ranger’s already less than spectacular damage?

Anvil Rock: Beta →Friday 13th 1/13/2017
Crystal Desert: 1/13/2017

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

A couple huh? Which ones?

LGN

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

This topic… lol.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

A couple huh? Which ones?

The ones that can run away

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

So now you want my Adidas too! For the love of God man, let me have at least one nice thing! All the running I’m doing I want to do it with style and grace.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Druid WvW builds are just like the old bunker builds, but worse. Chances are as a non-druid Ranger you have little chance of beating one, but they can’t beat you either.

I love my SB, so last night I ran into one and couldn’t kill it on my own due to well, using a condition SB build on WvW. So I kited until help arrived.

I wouldn’t say Druid is broken, I’d just say the non-druid builds are so bad in today’s game that it makes everything else seem OP.

(edited by Gotejjeken.1267)

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Druid WvW builds are just like the old bunker builds, but worse. Chances are as a non-druid Ranger you have little chance of beating one, but they can’t beat you either.

I love my SB, so last night I ran into one and couldn’t kill it on my own due to well, using a condition SB build on WvW. So I kited until help arrived.

I wouldn’t say Druid is broken, I’d just say the non-druid builds are so bad in today’s game that it makes everything else seem OP.

How is that any different than say a Warrior? Or insert any other class here.

I mean last night I danced with a Warrior for about a good 10 minutes. Stalemate. Should I go to the warrior forum and cry foul, nerf this, or any other form of pleasantries because I couldn’t finish the deal? Just wondering.

Funny thing is we ended up in a party, compared some notes, chit chatted about random things, and walk away friends. Heck, even the third server player he killed, that I was trying to save for some unknown reason, joined in and had a good laugh.

It isn’t the class no more than it is RL causing one to lose. Responsibility lays on the player behind the keyboard and monitor. If you can’t adapt or find fun in the game then it is time to do something else…

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

If there is a problem with druid in WW is the same as most other professions. Broken OP runes, sigils and foods, boon duration abuse and passive defences. But sure, lets buff QZ(boons) and nerf BW, which make us take ZS(boons) 100% of the time.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

How is that any different than say a Warrior? Or insert any other class here.

I mean last night I danced with a Warrior for about a good 10 minutes. Stalemate. Should I go to the warrior forum and cry foul, nerf this, or any other form of pleasantries because I couldn’t finish the deal? Just wondering.

Funny thing is we ended up in a party, compared some notes, chit chatted about random things, and walk away friends. Heck, even the third server player he killed, that I was trying to save for some unknown reason, joined in and had a good laugh.

It isn’t the class no more than it is RL causing one to lose. Responsibility lays on the player behind the keyboard and monitor. If you can’t adapt or find fun in the game then it is time to do something else…

I fully understand what playing for fun is, I main probably the worst weapon in the game.

That said, there is a difference between sustain and bunker. A warrior has high sustain because they are melee oriented. Bunker builds are just that builds…not core class theme.

If someone finds that fun, great. It’s just as easy to outrun a bear bow bunker Druid as it is a mesmer. There are also way more than one camp, tower, or yak….so I just moved on.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I stand corrected. For the last two days I have tried shout staff druid again, and it is little op. I could not die 1v1 (if I do not do foolish mistakes) and I could outrun most professions with little wits. Damage is not big but consistent, and kiting potential is hard. Some professions were just “free food” for my pet.

I play ranger as my main, and I do not suck at it. But I am not a very skilled player either. If I can do this with it, others can be annoying as hell. But it is still counterable with some professions and especially utility skills. And it is so much boring. At least for me it was a torment to play.

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

I stand corrected. For the last two days I have tried shout staff druid again, and it is little op. I could not die 1v1 (if I do not do foolish mistakes) and I could outrun most professions with little wits. Damage is not big but consistent, and kiting potential is hard. Some professions were just “free food” for my pet.

I play ranger as my main, and I do not suck at it. But I am not a very skilled player either. If I can do this with it, others can be annoying as hell. But it is still counterable with some professions and especially utility skills. And it is so much boring. At least for me it was a torment to play.

Wait, are you talking about WvW or PvP?

Nerf Druid! Enough

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

kitten , my mistake, I was talking about wvw especially. For pvp it can also be taken under consideration, it is really formidable.