Nerf on Elite Racial Skill

in Ranger

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

Condi ranger is in a good spot right now on raids and needs a nerf on Take Root, sylvari elite skill. I agree that salads are healthy but right now if you want to make a ranger, a sylvari option is better than the others.

Nerf on take roots will keep condi ranger on a very good spot (if nothing else changes) and will not “force” players to choose a sylvari since it is a better option right now.

I’m asking for this since i belive that racial skills gives a race some identity but they never should be better than class skills since that “forces” the player to make that race when building a character.

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

I agree that Take Root needs to be changed. A racial skill this strong just forces everyone to that specific race.

The problem is, if you simply nerf Take Root, then Sylvari will still be taken due to their Summon Sylvan Hound skill. If that gets nerfed then everyone will just reroll to Charr to make use of Shrapnel Mine.

A better option might be to disable racial skills altogether in raids, which would be a shame as they do bring some unique identity to each class. Another option is to buff our other options so they aren’t quite as terrible. Glyph of unity in particular is absolutely worthless as a skill right now due to its hidden 1 second ICD, it’s only somewhat functional thanks to the Verdant Etching trait. Or how about a condition focused elite trap, which would fill that awkward gap in our skill set?

The other classes which make use of take root: Mesmer and Necro, have similarly terrible elite skills. Perhaps that’s the main problem.

in Ranger

MFranco.9514

A better option might be to disable racial skills altogether in raids, which would be a shame as they do bring some unique identity to each class.

I belive that this option is in fact the best solution and is a permanent fix, since it will fix every problem that could appear in future.

Racials are disabled in pvp do to balance issues and to make sure people don’t pick a race because is better in pvp. Disabling them also from raids will help the developer team, since they don’t need to worry about them anymore. Also people will still be able to use in fractals and other content.

PS: i would also like to see standard models in raids…

(edited by MFranco.9514)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

It’s sad that when a racial skill start to see some use in the game the first thing that players ask for is a nerf on this skill.

Instead of a nerf, player should ask for racial skills on other races to be brought up to the already pathetic level of take root. Human have reaper of grenth, reducing it’s cool down to 90s could make it a good match against take root. Charr have the charzooka which is already close to take root in efficacity, giving 1 to 2s more duration to it’s base burn duration would be enough. Norn have the wolf shape which could enjoy a 2s longer base bleed duration making this skill worth take root. Asura have the D serie golen which need a total rework due to it’s uselessness, transforming it into a golem that emanate a radiation field that only poison enemies would be enough.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

MFranco.9514

It’s sad that when a racial skill start to see some use in the game the first thing that players ask for is a nerf on this skill.

Instead of a nerf, player should ask for racial skills on other races to be brought up to the already pathetic level of take root. Human have reaper of grenth, reducing it’s cool down to 90s could make it a good match against take root. Charr have the charzooka which is already close to take root in efficacity, giving 1 to 2s more duration to it’s base burn duration would be enough. Norn have the wolf shape which could enjoy a 2s longer base bleed duration making this skill worth take root. Asura have the D serie golen which need a total rework due to it’s uselessness, transforming it into a golem that emanate a radiation field that only poison enemies would be enough.

You will never have the same level, that means perfect balance and that is simple impossible unless they all do the same.

Buffing racial skills will result in a problem since people will start playing that race for the boost and the game will be “forcing” them to make that choice. Right now the game is “forcing” players to create a condi ranger sylvari since it gives +/- 5% more dps than a condi ranger from other race, that is the same boost that sigil of force gives.

Is like asuras in raids, if your party is full of asuras or small humans/sylvari you have a better view of the fight.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Instead of a nerf, player should ask for racial skills on other races to be brought up to the already pathetic level of take root.

In a perfect world, that would be nice. Unfortunately, disabling them would be easier, as well as better in the whole. Otherwise, there will most likely be more instances like this with other professions in regards to their race.

Going with what you wrote, Reapers would be have to be Humans and Engineers could drop Mortar Kit but only as Charrs. Buffing racial skills is not the way.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Racial skill should get their own slot, which is the only slot they can go in (i.e. you can never put a racial in slots 6-0).

Then that slot can be disabled for content that requires balance (i.e. PvP and Raids).

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Despond.2174

Despond.2174

It would be fine if there was race changes, but such a move when you can’t change your race would be hard on those who specifically chose sylvari for that very reason. I agree with your sentiment of racials and luckily they are usually all bad or disabled in other modes. The fairest option would be all to be disabled, but people won’t be happy about that either. I think overall the racial importance is pretty balanced, some other MMOs it makes or break nearly every build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

They should disable the racial skills in raids and have another look at all of the actual elite skills. The majority there seems to be situatial at best, with some other choices being completely worthless even.
People should never feel like neither of the elite skills are a viable option for the encounter. Many utility skills would be a much better option if you had the ability to pick one of them for the elite slot.
They need to slowly start reworking many of the weak utilities and especially elites. Some feel so out of date, it is not even funny. Like leftovers from before all of the crazy powercreep.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.4630

Kilrik.4630

Racial skill should get their own slot, which is the only slot they can go in (i.e. you can never put a racial in slots 6-0).

Then that slot can be disabled for content that requires balance (i.e. PvP and Raids).

Agreed. Racial abilities should be a given.