Nevermind. I don't like this patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Othayuni.7369

Othayuni.7369

I would have been fairly happy if the current changes were made but pet abilities still refreshed on swap-out, and crossfire quickness actually worked. I thought maybe quickness as a whole, in the game, was being brought down to what crossfire has been for a while.

Now it looks like crossfire gets not even like a 25% boost from quickness. Christ. And I’m none too happy about pet cooldowns being messed with. I needed those!

Geesh.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

And you thought the huge nerf wouldn’t also affect a skill that has been bugged for a long time now why exactly?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Othayuni.7369

Othayuni.7369

Because for a long time crossfire got a 50% boost from quickness instead of 100%. I apparently hoped that when they made -all- quickness a 50% boost, crossfire would keep getting, y’know, 50%.

in Ranger

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

seriously. wth is with this change: Ranger pet cooldowns are now properly preserved when stabled.

Friggin huge kitten to the ranger class.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Ranger

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Are you serious? The cooldown thing was obviously a bug. Nice while it lasted, but I never expected it to stay.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Are you serious? The cooldown thing was obviously a bug. Nice while it lasted, but I never expected it to stay.

Yeah obviously? I thought that swapping pets would, you know, reset them or something? Like give them back full health and such, and if they’re reset then perhaps their skills should reset just as well? Maybe?

Come to think of it, that must be a bug as well, so by that logic, here’s what we can expect with pets in patch soon to be released:

When you swap pets:

- They will return with what little health they had when the got swapped in
- All conditions they had, will still be there when they get swapped in again
- All boons they had will remain when swapped
- Hm, scrap that with the boons, that would be OP. It’s probably better to not allowing any boons on pets at all

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious the cooldown thing was a bug too..

I couldnt imagine that switching between my two pigs, constantly spawning things like elixir of heroes and AoE ethereal fields could be intended, with no CD whatsoever. To the extent that I avoided using it in combat (for WvW). Felt like cheating.

Still think Rangers need some effort put into them, but I always thought that was a bug from the moment I found out about it. Though, I didnt realize it was actually a universal pet problem, thought it was just the piggies.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Pet skills not properly staying on their cooldowns between swaps was a bug – we’ve just been lying to ourselves it was a “feature.”

#dealwithit

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I dunno, I thought it was pretty obvious the cooldown thing was a bug too..

I couldnt imagine that switching between my two pigs, constantly spawning things like elixir of heroes and AoE ethereal fields could be intended, with no CD whatsoever. To the extent that I avoided using it in combat (for WvW). Felt like cheating.

We’re talking about different things here. The one you’re [probably] thinking about is out of combat swapping, grabbing tons of stuff from pigs or boon building. That I agree on.

However, when it comes to attacks from F2 skills, then this is a major nerf again to our class. I’m sure they can fix this somehow, but the way things seems to be done around here is nerf first and don’t think all aspects through before implementing said nerf.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

An AoE skill applied by horrible AI during combat cannot afford to have this in effect. They need to reduce some recharges to compensate, or improve traits that affect pet skills.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

An AoE skill applied by horrible AI during combat cannot afford to have this in effect. They need to reduce some recharges to compensate, or improve traits that affect pet skills.

Well we can take the two traits in beast mastery, they might finally get some use now right? It’s like closing supermarkets to let people find out how good dirt and grasshoppers taste.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaos.9162

Kaos.9162

That’s funny, because with all the other problems we’ve had for long, I figured it would be around for a while. But no, this one actually helps us, it has to go…