New AF question

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Since AF is now on a 15 second CD in PVP, would Staff/Dolyak/Sow/Regen or whatever combination you like, still be mandatory?

I mean, there is no reason to have AF filled faster since you are still stuck with the 15 second gate?

Will non-AF focused builds, like one without staff be viable?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Since AF is now on a 15 second CD in PVP, would Staff/Dolyak/Sow/Regen or whatever combination you like, still be mandatory?

I mean, there is no reason to have AF filled faster since you are still stuck with the 15 second gate?

Just have a longbow with either greatsword or sword/dagger with Regen up and keep pounding it will work out. So, yes a none staff build will work.

(edited by Last Warrior Lord.7248)

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.6320

Kilrik.6320

I found having all the added AF generation not nearly as useful, because you just end up waiting on the cooldown as it goes….esp. when in group play. I did find that I probably need to invest in purity, cleansing sigils or soldier’s runes as well as utility stun breaks for additional means of condi clear and/or stun break since the 5 extra seconds can be seriously killer.

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

@All

15 seconds seems to be an eternity is you are being focused.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Bwahahahah glad you cheesers are having issues.
Jokes aside I’m glad they nerfeded that, 10 secs for celestial form plus your regeneration is pretty broke and creates the stale bunker matches. (I mean they needed Lee, and took out any toughness and healing combo for this very reason)
Lb / GS works great

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Noone seems to remember that the cd isnt a set 15 seconds like many ppl claims. CA has a dynamic cd with 15 seconds in a best case scenario. Since the traits and the elite form is balanced with that in mind, they should get rid of the need to actually build astral force. Make it a set cooldown and be done with it – then the whole thing will be so much easier to balance.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Noone seems to remember that the cd isnt a set 15 seconds like many ppl claims. CA has a dynamic cd with 15 seconds in a best case scenario. Since the traits and the elite form is balanced with that in mind, they should get rid of the need to actually build astral force. Make it a set cooldown and be done with it – then the whole thing will be so much easier to balance.

Lmao, guy…
I suggested that 4 days ago and you called it “trash pure and simple”.

New AF question

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Lmao, guy…

You suggested a whole lot more than that, so yeah, still trash (like decay out of combat for example).

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Lmao, guy…

You suggested a whole lot more than that, so yeah, still trash (like decay out of combat for example).

I’m sure Justine is pretty bad at the ranger class in general with no true insight on high level play (except maybe PvE). No need to really give much thought into what he/she says.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

New AF question

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Lmao, guy…

I’m sure Justine is pretty bad at the ranger class in general with no true insight on high level play (except maybe PvE). No need to really give much thought into what he/she says.

I think not.

Doesn’t mean (s)he has the final solution to every issue though.

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Fair enough, I apologize Justine

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

You can swap one of the AF refillers, but staff is still rly strong, so I wouldnt change that one

M I L K B O I S

New AF question

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Lmao, guy…

So not pure trash, you just thought some stuff was bad so it must all be. Ya okies…

New AF question

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Lmao, guy…

So not pure trash, you just thought some stuff was bad so it must all be. Ya okies…

Ok then, let’s see what you actually wrote:

Astral Force/Generation:
-No longer charges with dmg/healing tics
-(spvp/wvw)Generates at 6 2/3% per second (effectively 15sec cd) when in combat
-(pve) Generates at 10% per second (effectively 10sec cd) when in combat
-Using Celestial Avatar Form causes Astral Force to decay at 10% per second
-Resets to 0% on exiting
-Resets to 0% OOC

First of all, the whole package combined here, compared to the state of CA pre-patch – bad.

Since they now went ahead and nerfed CA, let’s break it down:

Depending on situation could be both a buff and a nerf. It would be a nerf on all accounts considering you wanted the druids to be locked out of CA for 5 more seconds. On the other hand you would gain AF no matter what you do as long as you remain in combat, so in that sense it would be a buff.

(pve) Generates at 10% per second (effectively 10sec cd) when in combat

Better or at the very least equal to current state

Using Celestial Avatar Form causes Astral Force to decay at 10% per second

A nerf, since you cut 5 seconds from the form. What’s the reason for this?

Resets to 0% on exiting and Resets to 0% OOC

Major nerf. Entering combat in pvp/wvw would mean 15 seconds without access to CA form and two of the traits bound to the form every single time there would’ve been a time you went out of combat. Not really sure about your playstyle, but if you are capable to actually be in combat the whole pvp match through, ok…
This was the one thing I opposed to the most.

When you write a list like that, I thought you meant for us to take the whole ‘package’, and not cherry-picking specific bullet points.

I suggested a flat 15 second cd on CA, with no AF decay out of combat, and balance the form from there, mostly because players seem to think that CA actually have a flat cd, when in fact it has a dynamic AND and a set cooldown.
The idea that druids could access full condi clear, stun break and stealth every 10 seconds no matter what, which some ppl seem to think, is (was) simply false.

New AF question

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Lmao, guy…

Ok then, let’s see what you actually wrote:

Astral Force/Generation:
-(pve) Generates at 10% per second (effectively 10sec cd) when in combat
-Using Celestial Avatar Form causes Astral Force to decay at 10% per second
-Resets to 0% on exiting
-Resets to 0% OOC

First of all, the whole package combined here, compared to the state of CA pre-patch – bad.

Since they now went ahead and nerfed CA, let’s break it down:

Depending on situation could be both a buff and a nerf. It would be a nerf on all accounts considering you wanted the druids to be locked out of CA for 5 more seconds. On the other hand you would gain AF no matter what you do as long as you remain in combat, so in that sense it would be a buff.

(pve) Generates at 10% per second (effectively 10sec cd) when in combat

Better or at the very least equal to current state

Using Celestial Avatar Form causes Astral Force to decay at 10% per second

A nerf, since you cut 5 seconds from the form. What’s the reason for this?

Resets to 0% on exiting and Resets to 0% OOC

Major nerf. Entering combat in pvp/wvw would mean 15 seconds without access to CA form and two of the traits bound to the form every single time there would’ve been a time you went out of combat. Not really sure about your playstyle, but if you are capable to actually be in combat the whole pvp match through, ok…
This was the one thing I opposed to the most.

When you write a list like that, I thought you meant for us to take the whole ‘package’, and not cherry-picking specific bullet points.

I suggested a flat 15 second cd on CA, with no AF decay out of combat, and balance the form from there, mostly because players seem to think that CA actually have a flat cd, when in fact it has a dynamic AND and a set cooldown.
The idea that druids could access full condi clear, stun break and stealth every 10 seconds no matter what, which some ppl seem to think, is (was) simply false.

I would explain it but then I would have to explain it.

New AF question

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

So, the PvP metabuild is setup to run as many different AF generating sources as possible in order to have CF available on cooldown for the stunbreak/condi cleanse and all of the utility the CF skills provide.

The 15s cooldown absolute hurts against condi classes that know how to play against you.

I think that ultimately, one of us would probably have to do the “how much is too much” for generation and sources, but as opposed to swapping out the runeset from Dolyak, I think that the most variable AF generation source is actually regen, since it can be corrupted.

Playing both with and without Dolyak Runes, there were times prepatch I actually didn’t have CF ready to go within the 10s time period because my regen got corrupted, which I assume would carry over to post-patch.

The main problem is that the traitlines the meta build uses are so strong that using other traitlines ends up being a net loss to something you don’t want to have to lose, so at this point, I’d say unless you are very, very comfortable with your ability to generate AF, then there is little variation the patch actually provides.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat