New AI is here but not for pets

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

For those who had played chapzer 3 of living world Ep.3. Would have noticed that mobs have a new AI. They run out of AoE, attack you only when they see you even when agroed and go in and out of battle when tactics needed it to.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE A NEW AI FOR PETS.
(sry for the caps)

And better controllability and costumization options too.

I am asking this since launch.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You really want pets running out of aoe? They would never attack anything again lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d rather Canines receive the nice high-leap AOE stomp the wolves in “Frozen Out” have instead of the single-target crippling leap. Would be a nice upgrade for an already solid Pet. Or just give us a new Canine pet with it as its F2 skill to replace the Hyena.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Griffons aerial chill AoE > Fire Wyvern super delayed fire field.
Ice wolf super long range leap aoe chill > All dogs leap.

Yes, that would be nice.

in Ranger

InsaneQR.7412

You really want pets running out of aoe? They would never attack anything again lol.

Yeah thats not the what i mainly ment, pets get less dmg from aoe when not targetted eitherway, but they made a new AI for Enemies and i want new for pets.

Pale Raiders united.

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

I’d rather have better control over pets instead of better AI. Because fights should be decided by player actions, not by AI.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Yeah thats not the what i mainly ment, pets get less dmg from aoe when not targetted eitherway, but they made a new AI for Enemies and i want new for pets.

Exactly what do you want? I don’t even consider our pets to actually have an ai at all, but that is more of a definition.
Do you want them do dodge attacks on their own? Do you want them to make better decisions on when they should use their skills, instead of on cooldown? Wouldn’t it be better if the player could decide when to use some of the skills, like Quickening Screech from birds, or Harmonic Cry from moas?

Other than that, I think that the only thing in regards to “ai” that needs to improve is their ability to land attacks, but I’m not sure I would place that under ai either.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Much rather have everything controlled by the player than by smart AI. The ranger profession already attracts a very casual playerbase. I am not really against that, yet I feel rangers are already a rather passive profession without even removing any further need for player control over the pets.
Good pet control is and should be how a good ranger stands out. It will always be fine to just be a lazy Bearbow for the most part. Just don’t want to see it becoming more rewarding than it already is.

On the contrary, many have been asking for more active pets for a long time. As in turning their other three skills into F2/F3/F4 abilities.
There could also be options to send it to a certain spot around yourself rather than just send it to yourself or an enemy and even an active dodge ability like your own.

in Ranger

InsaneQR.7412

Much rather have everything controlled by the player than by smart AI. The ranger profession already attracts a very casual playerbase. I am not really against that, yet I feel rangers are already a rather passive profession without even removing any further need for player control over the pets.
Good pet control is and should be how a good ranger stands out. It will always be fine to just be a lazy Bearbow for the most part. Just don’t want to see it becoming more rewarding than it already is.

On the contrary, many have been asking for more active pets for a long time. As in turning their other three skills into F2/F3/F4 abilities.
There could also be options to send it to a certain spot around yourself rather than just send it to yourself or an enemy and even an active dodge ability like your own.

The skill use would be perfect if we could use the race and pet specific skills. With AI i mean basically dodging and tracking. Enemies in HoT or Ep. 3. Dodge attacks and have better tracking than pets.
Additionally skill channells should be removed and insta cast should be added.

Pale Raiders united.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

That new AI sounds a lot like the beta AI