New Astral Force Generation Mechanic

in Ranger

Posted by: Darrio.6098

Darrio.6098

Hello

With recent release of Guild Wars: Heart of Thorns i spend all week playing Druid in new zones and some Fractals.
I notice overall issues with Astral Force generation and Celestial Avatar form across already mentioned in other threads and i want to share my troughs about that issues.

• To Note: i’m start playing at Druid only with game release, i’m not played him at beta weekend.

First of all, before recent “Astral Force degeneration after combat fix” all our Druid gameplay looks like Sisyphus work:

• 1. We charge up our Force as quick as possible to open possibility to spend it. As quick as possible too.
  • 2. All our hard work is gone after every fight, even if we not need Celestial Avatar Form.

Basic design bring a rabbit hole, what we can’t control entering Celestial Avatar form on demand, as Healer role requires – we must full charge and only after that we can do something.
And after that fix, we still limited to that “full charge me, and after that…” mechanic, what’s DEMANDS us to use staff and all our party heals to fill up that hole and have maximum charge.

What worst the most – we cannot precharge it before fight – and Druid’s trait’s what benefits from Entering/Leaving Celestial Avatar form also start have very rare usage.
Even if you put a fix that add some numbers to Weapon Damage Force generation, it’s still will be limited to full charge mechanic and healing with staff/utility.
I notice, what i’m rarely use Celestial Avatar Form Glyphs because of that – if i spend all my time to charge Astral Force, i use it only for spamming heal, i don’t have time window to use my glyphs.

• So, my suggestion is transform it to two step Astral Force charge mechanic:

What we have now:
“You have one Astral Force Bar”
“You can enter Celestial Avatar Form only on full Astral Force charge”
“Celestial Avatar Form Duration – 15s”
“Celestial Avatar Form recharge Rate – 10s”
“Terminating Celestial Avatar Form retaining half current astral force”
“Healing others fills bar”
“Dealing Damage fills bar”

My suggestion (Look at attachment picture):
“Astral force bar have 2 sections – 0-49%, 50-99% and 100% full charge section”
“You can enter Celestial Avatar Form any time, even with 0 Astral Force charge”
“Charging Astral Force to full 100% reset current Celestial Avatar Form Recharge Rate”

• “Entering Celestial Avatar Form on 0-49%”:
  • “Duration – 5s:
  • “Recharge Rate – 20s”
  • “Terminating/Leaving Celestial Avatar Form removes all current astral force”
  • “Entering Celestial Avatar Form on 50-99%”:
  • “Duration – 10s:
  • “Recharge Rate – 15s”
  • “Terminating/Leaving Celestial Avatar Form removes all current astral force”
  • “Entering Celestial Avatar Form on 100%”:
  • “Duration – 15s:
  • “Recharge Rate – 10s”
  • “Terminating/Leaving Celestial Avatar Form retaining half current astral force”

“Healing others can fills all 0-49, 50-100% bars”
“Dealing Damage can fills only first 0-49% bar”

So, how it works?

Let’s take classic “Pew-pew” Ranger trying adapt build with Druid:
We take marksmanship/beastmastery(skirmishing) and Zerker/Marauder Gear with LB/GS or LB/S&D.

For example, we take Druid line for Celestial Shadow, Druidic Clarity and Ancient Seeds type of build:

• With current system we barely can charge up our Celestial Avatar form to use it frequently to proc Celestial Shadow or Druidic Clarity – dealing damage fills single bar very slow, and we don’t need full 15s of Celestial Avatar, for our needs.
  • With new system we just enter Celestial Avatar Form to do limited by 5s amount of time things:
  • “Use Celestial Avatar only for Lunar Impact Daze and Seed of Life Condyclear”
  • “Use 1-2 Celestial Avatar type Glyphs”
  • “Leave condipressure with Druidic Clarity”
  • “Grant Celestial Shadow by instantly leaving on DEMAND”
  • “Our main costs – is Celestial Avatar Recharge Rate – 20s (It can maybe more, ofc) and total no synergy with our healing traits.”
    Also, Weapon fill rate only work with 0-49%, so we cannot achieve endless power 100% charge bar healing state with this damage build – only 50-99% stage sometimes, if we want, because reaching 100% need healing.

Next one is ConditionBunker or BeastmasteryBunker build types – it even can be full celestial trap ranger, poison ranger and etc, with Trooper Shout build. It can use any weapon or any trait and traitline.
In Druid line we also probably take every trait what we want for our build:

• With new system we can maintain 50-99% charge state, which give us full 10s of Celestial Avatar state with almost every 15s Recharge rate, if we do our role:
  • “Use Celestial Avatar for all type of skills, support our Bunker role – our Party healing start to be noticeable”
  • “Use 1-2-3-4-5 Celestial Avatar type Glyphs”
  • “Use Cultivated Synergy for more AoE healing”
  • “Leave condipressure with Druidic Clarity”
  • “Grant Celestial Shadow by instantly leaving on DEMAND”
  • “Second Bar 51-99% Astral Force is main build oriented for entering Celestial Avatar Form, but if we spend time to charge Astral Force, we can very frequently have access to 100% charge Celestial Avatar Form”

And last one is Full Healing Support Druid with staff and all ealing/support utilities and traitlines:

• Everything is same as in previous state, but because we have:
  • “Charging Astral Force to full 100% reset current Celestial Avatar Form Recharge Rate”
  • “Terminating/Leaving Celestial Avatar Form retaining half current astral force”
  • We can maintain Celestial Avatar State 24/7 and leave it only for buffing/utility/weapon skills or dealing damage and our healing is fully controllable:
  • “For example: we keep stored 100% charge and deal damage, suddenly see our Party needs Stealth or Condicleance or Healing:
  • “We switching to Celestial Avatar State for 1-5s, and after leaving we have like 70% charge, what we quickly charge back to 100%, which reset our 10s recharge.

With these changes, all Druid players decides for himself what access to Celestial Avatar State they wants:

• Frequently, with nice utility skills and mostly for self, with cost of high recharge rate, lowuptime and low healing.
  • On demand, with medium uptime, medium recharge rate but constant healing”
  • “Or full controllable strong heal/utility support”

So this is my basic idea about current Druid state – it CAN be very good if it’s not be tied to 100% Astral Force charge and have levels with different strengths and powers.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Its creative but convoluted.

Taking your idea,
*Set CAF to 20sec CD that will recharge while its active.
*Allow CAF to be used 10-100%.
*AF degenerates @5%/sec while in CAF.
*CAF ends when AF reaches 0%.

So people that want to blast only the good skills for a couple seconds will be met with a 15-18sec recharge while people who run near full bar and heal with it for a time will be met with the requirement of recharging AF but with no CD.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Or

• Regenerate astral force while out of celestial form
  • Entering celestial at full mana
  • No astral force degeneration while in celestial form
  • instead using astral force for skillactivation

No need of staff for mana regeneration
No rush to activate skills, you can use them in time
As disadvantage, you can only activate celestial form with full astral force

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

(edited by Aleksander Suburb.4287)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Way too complicated. The whole mechanic needs to be easier to access in general, without a bunch of different cooldowns and barriers.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Darrio.6098

Darrio.6098

One time upvote this thread for visibility.

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Taking your idea,

So people that want to blast only the good skills for a couple seconds will be met with a 15-18sec recharge while people who run near full bar and heal with it for a time will be met with the requirement of recharging AF but with no CD.

So basically it would be like a healey Death Shroud minus the HP pool aspect? I think it would work better like than it does currently.. Though degen is kind of pointless, AF in such a situation should be a resource that the skills take from, like Initiative or what Rev’s have.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

I like your ideas, but they’re not listening.

They only have eyes for esports & the upcoming leagues.

Hence all this knee-jerk nerf hammering.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

I came into the forum to ask for something to be changed for the Druid, but this thread seems as good as any to add my .02USD:

Please make Celestial Avatar form, and AF gathering more like the Necro DS and RS.
All of the other new specs do not require the class to carry the new weapon in order to be effective as that unique spec. In order to gather AF, you MUST wield a staff. If I swap to a different weapon set, I can no longer gather AF, but the staff as a weapon is sorely lacking in many situations.

I would like to see all weapons that can be used by a ranger, have the capability of generating AF. While I think it would be super cool if each weapon also came with a new subset of skills, while Druid is specced, as it would make Druid a far more interesting sub-class, I would be content to simply have Astral Force be generated in a similar manner as Life Force. Perhaps one of the glyphs, or an existing signet, could have an added benefit of increasing the rate of AF generation, or give us an addition to the current specs, such as “While wielding X, your Z damage is increased. X skills recharge faster. X skills generate Astral Force when the Druid specialization is in effect.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Taking your idea,

So basically it would be like a healey Death Shroud minus the HP pool aspect? I think it would work better like than it does currently.. Though degen is kind of pointless, AF in such a situation should be a resource that the skills take from, like Initiative or what Rev’s have.

That could work too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ampris.5321

Ampris.5321

Personally I liked the way it was just before this patch.

Charging it in a team was pretty reasonable
I had the option to use it either the entire duration or just a couple skills
I got half back so recharging was reasonable
10s cooldown was reasonable

Actually I LOVED how it was before, my only problem was the ‘feel’ of the #1 and #2 being pretty useless.

revert this change plz