New Builds List - [Being Updated]

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Q:

Ranger & Druid Build Thread

As some of you know, I am in Antarctica (yay!) right now and I cannot play the game, sadly, due to poor internets. I’m honestly happy to just have access. So I’ve been theory crafting a lot and coming up with a lot of different builds. Many others are doing the same, it is a good time for creativity and I am looking forward to seeing all your videos on youtube!

So, I compiled a list of all the Ranger builds I/you have thought of after the patch. Let’s keep this tidy and accessible. I will see if we can have this thread replace the current “post your build” sticky thread because that one is just crazy to actually go through to find anything and all the builds in it are obsolete anyway. There are obviously many many variants to be had. Please post your own creation for peer review and addition to the list or inclusion as a variant. I will add yours in with your account name, credit where credit is due (unless you don’t want that).

This list of builds is meant to be an exhaustive list of every possible “theme” for Ranger, but not every variation can be included.

Please PM me with any changes to builds you have had included in the list so we can keep it up to date.

A note for new Rangers – Take a look at the builds, find one you like that fits the gameplay style you want and then tweak it to suit yourself from there, that is the best way to learn Ranger and builds as a whole.

Enjoy. Hope to see you in-game in about 5 3 2 1 months!

PvP Builds | WvW Builds | PvE Builds | Other Builds

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

PvP Builds

Shoutbow

• LB/GS, Marauder, MM, WS, BM
  • Power LB build with more sustain
  • by Sol

Lead the Zephyr

• Full guide (thanks!)
  • LB/GS, Zerker, MM, WS, BM
  • Power/Quickness build
  • by Aidan Eighthrain.

The Marauding Survivalist

• LB-S/A, Marauders, WS, NM, BM
  • Tanky traits and good damage, mobility.
  • by Chokolata

Forgeman’s LB Ranger

• LB-S/WH, Marauder, MM, WS, NM
  • Well rounded numbers, very good protection up time and good damage.
  • by Manekk

The Play Maker

• LB/GS, Marauder, MM, WS, BM
  • Uses Taunt with Owl to burst and with wolf to shutdown and create opportunities to burst targets down.
  • by Sol

Hybrid Survival Bleed Evader

• SB-S/D, Celestial, Sk/WS/BM
  • Crazy amounts of bleed stacking and evasion with pet support

Hybrid Survival MoC Pressure+Burst

• GS/SB, Celestial, MM, SK, WS
  • Quick draw for Hilt Bash/Concussion shot “spam” with MoC. Lyssa Runes + WK make for no problem with conditions. Swap amulet for more condi damage.

Poison Master

• SB-S/D, Settler, Sk, WS, BM
  • Spam Hawk F2 on CD for masses of poison/blind/weakness/taunt/bleed with traps to back you up, BBear on swap for more Poison and also cleansing. Save dodges for LoYF procs, use evades on S/D, energy sigils on each set for more dodges.

Bunker Buster Poison Master

• SB-S/D, Settler, Sk, WS, NM
  • Quite similar to Poison Master, but utilising Nature Magic and less reliant on pet.
  • by mistsim

The Unstoppable Duelist

• SB-S/D, Rabid, SK, WS, BM
  • Looks like a great duelling/skirmishing build, plenty of evades, nice stats etc.
  • by Tragic Positive

Carrion Scavenger

• SB-S/D, Carrion, MM, SK, WS
  • Traps, Evasion and lots of condis!
  • by Eval

Remorseless Crusader

• GS-S/A, Crusader, MM, WK, BM
  • Tons of might stacking, burst damage.

Variants:

Balthazar’s Semi-Bunker Bonfire Trapper

• A/D-S/T, Settler, Sk, WS, BM
  • Absurd condi stacking with Quickdraw Bonfires and traps, swap out A/D for SB if ranged is troubling you, or just send out the pet to blind/weaken people who
    stand off.

Forgeman’s Bunker Trapper

• A/D-S/T, Settlers, SK, WS, NM
  • High Protection up-time.
  • by rpfohr

The Winter Trapper

• GS-A/A, Cleric, SK, NM, BM
  • Insane Chills!
  • by Ehecatl

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

WvW Builds

Cleric Roaming Shoutbow

• LB/GS, MM, NM, BM
  • Miles of sustain, surprising damage
  • by Wizzo

Roaming Shoutbow

• LB/GS, MM, WS, BM
  • Mobility and more sustain than plain zerker
  • Survival skills for condi removal

Hybrid Mad King LB

• LB-S/D, Sk, WS, NM
  • Celestial gear, “Quick-ness Draw” Rapid Fire Bleed stacking and sustain

Tanky LB Roamer

• LB/GS, MM, WS, NM
  • Balanced stats, good damage

Survival LB

• LB/GS, MM, Sk, WS
  • Survival LB, lots of damage with lots of condi removal.

Straight up zerker

• LB/GS, MM, Sk, BM
  • Max damage, squishy with regen, for those who love risk/reward and living on the edge. Warning, no condi removal!

WvW Shoutbow

• LF/GS, Zerk/Valk stats, MM, SK, BM
  • Shout oriented LB build
  • by Puck

The Sinister Aristocracy

• SB-S/D, SK, WS, BM
  • Hybrid stats, lots of hybrid damage

The Sinister Nightmare

• SB-S/D, Sinister/Celestial SK, WS, NM
  • Hybrid stats, lots of hybrid damage, versatile armor set.
  • by Eggyokeo

Remorseless Cavalier

• WvW version of Remorseless Crusader/Valkyrie.
  • Use with 5 Runes of Evasion +1 other or Hoelbrak for a more offensive build.
  • Swap out some Cavalier pieces for Valkyrie if you feel your health is too low.

Remorseless Variants:

Fluffball’s Dual Melee Survival/Shout Hybrid

• GS-S/D, Cele/Zerk, WS, NM, BM
  • Tanky traits, sustain with good stats and damage.
  • by Fluffball.

Dangerous Celestial Melee

• GS-S/D, Celestial, SK, WS, NM
  • Good use of MDG/Lemongrass poultry with high health
  • Tanky hybrid damage
  • by ItIsFinished

Zerg frontliner

• A/WH-GS, Valk/Cavalier, MM, SK, BM
  • Tanky with good damage stats
  • by Oak da Vite

Stealth Trapper

• A/D-S/T, Dire gear, SK, WS, BM
  • Very tanky, 1800 condi damage.
  • by Radagast

Longbow Stealth Trapper

• LB-A/D, Rampager/Rabid gear
  • by Radagast

Dire Stealth Trapper

• A/D-S/T, Dire, SK, WS, NM
  • Very tanky with almost 2k condi damage!
  • by Manekk

Celestial Hybrid Trapper

• A/T-S/D, Celestial, SK, WS, BM
  • Someone made a joke about celestial trapper, so I thought I’d theory craft one, it actually looks pretty nice!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

PvE Builds

Dual Melee Frost Spotter – DnT’s Speed Run Ranger

• S/A-GS, Zerker/Scholar, MM, SK, BM
  • Masses of vulnerability and damage, works best in a structured team with lots of fury applications.
  • by DnT

Frost Spotter BM

• LB-S/A, MM, SK, BM
  • Straight up DPS, for more pug groups.

Frost Spotter NM

• LB-S/WH, MM, SK, NM
  • A bit more supporty with regen and Warhorn, traited HS for perma regen and synergy with Windborne Notes, Clarion Bond & Call of the Wild CDs. You can drop HS and blast it twice for more heals and perma Swiftness/Fury. If you use Drake pets (River/Marsh) you can blast HS 3 times every time you lay it.

Variants:

• Swap Sword to GS, Predator’s Onslaught for Remorseless and Natural Regeneration for 2HT. Easier to handle if Sword AA is a problem.
  • Drop LB for GS. IF BM, swap Natural Regeneration for 2HT. For those of us who cannot get used to using a LB in melee range Or, require more cleave, useful for moving between mobs, swap back to LB for bosses and vulnerability stacking.

Guanglai Kangyi’s Condi Ranger

• A/T only, Sinister, SK, WS, BM
  • by Guanglai Kangyi

Sinister Balthazar

• A/T only, Sinister, SK, WS, BM
  • Very similar to Guanglai Kangyi’s build with a few changes.

Sinister Trapper

• A/T-S/T, Sk, WS, BM
  • Bulk conditions, can hit over 2400 condition damage and power with self might stacking and kill stack sigils.

Pyromaniac forest ranger

• A/A-A/T, Sinister, MM, SK, BM
  • Full guide
  • by Shenakitten

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Other Builds

Builds that could not fit into the original posts due to being too large
PvP Builds

Melee BM Shout Bunker

• GS-S/A, Cleric, WS, NM, BM
  • Very tanky, near immune to condi, low-decent damage output (makes for a point holder).

BM Shout Hybrid

• A/T-S/WH, Celestial, WS, NM, BM
  • Super Tanky Drakes, Might stacking Shout build, looks fun!
  • by Dionosio

Zoo Bunker

• A/D-S/T, Carrion, Sk, WS, BM
  • Tons of CC and burning
  • by Tragic Positive

Ikyro’s Celestial Condi Beastmaster

• A/D-S/T, Celestial, WS, NM, BM
  • by mistsim

Carrion Firemaster

• A/D-S/T, Carrion, Sk, WS, BM
  • by Archon

Burst Trapper

• A/D-SB, Carrion, SK, WS, NM.
  • Bulk traps, bulk damage. HS/Evasive Purity for condi removal.
  • by runeblade

Celestial Spirit & Boon Support

• A/WH-GS, Celestial, WS, NM, BM
  • Made for team boon support and reasonable hybrid damage once you get some might stacks up.
  • If you test this, please let me know how you go.

Bleeding Heart condi build

• A/D-S/T, Settler, SK, WS, BM
  • Full guide, very comprehensive!
  • by Dirame

The Marauding Traveller

• LB/GS, Marauder, WS, NM, BM
  • Very similar to The Marauding Survivalist build with changes to weapons, traits, pets and sigils.
  • by Skullface

Remorseless Cavalier variant

• S/D-GS, Cavalier, MM, WS, BM
  • by Chaotic.
Druid Builds

Save your builds up guys, I’ll start adding them when the build calculators are updated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Way too much settler in pvp for the current meta imo. Would propably run carrion in all of these.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

3. Hybrid Mad King LB
LB-S/D, Sk, WS, NM
(Celestial gear, “Quick-ness Draw” Rapid Fire Bleed stacking and sustain)

I tried something similar with the exception I was using rabid gear with trap runes. I would have tried krait or mad king but the lack of speed kills you. I couldn’t keep up with any of my group mates.

I even tried sigil of speed / on kill speed boost which helped a bit but not a huge fan. This is, of course, in WvW whereas speed rules. Sometimes you just have to get away

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

3. Hybrid Mad King LB
LB-S/D, Sk, WS, NM

I tried something similar with the exception I was using rabid gear with trap runes. I would have tried krait or mad king but the lack of speed kills you. I couldn’t keep up with any of my group mates.

I even tried sigil of speed / on kill speed boost which helped a bit but not a huge fan. This is, of course, in WvW whereas speed rules. Sometimes you just have to get away

Rabid with trap runes is very different to Celestial with Mad King runes.

Just swap LB for GS when moving around so you can Swoop as well as Hornets/Monarchs leap. You can also swap out the dagger for Warhorn (which also works very well with Sharpened Edges), throw on SoTH too. Just then swap back when you see incoming.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aidan Eighthrain.8612

Aidan Eighthrain.8612

PvP : Lead the Zephyr Power Ranger

http://intothemists.com/guides/5468-lead_the_zephyr

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

3. Hybrid Mad King LB
LB-S/D, Sk, WS, NM

Just swap LB for GS when moving around so you can Swoop as well as Hornets/Monarchs leap. You can also swap out the dagger for Warhorn (which also works very well with Sharpened Edges), throw on SoTH too. Just then swap back when you see incoming.

Yup – I agree. Runes/armor is way different. I’ve not made any ascended so just trying what I had used previously outside accessories. Side note, you guys/gals that can pull off the hornets/monarch leap combo – amazing. About the only thing I’m good at with that combo is killing myself from high ledges

Forgot to add, thanks for posting thread with builds. I think this is going to be very popular and helpful.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Keep practising the “switch leap” as I call it with Hornets and Monarchs mate, you will get it, then wonder how you ever did without it!

What does everyone else call that anyway?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dionosio.5168

Dionosio.5168

Pvp

This is a build i’m working on, shout-based, with good teamsupport and pretty tanky, even if with still a decent damage (all this is under a big imho). Any advice would be appreciated, especially about the sigils
I placed the double drake beacuse of the aoe on swap and the damage of the F2

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-JF-8k;0sE-u-a2JDV-0;9k7Z;1a_b;0257156236;4VoG7U;1ZF18ZF180q

(edited by Dionosio.5168)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pvp

This is a build i’m working on, shout-based, with good teamsupport and pretty tanky, even if with still a decent damage (all this is under a big imho). Any advice would be appreciated, especially about the sigils

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-JF-8k;0sE-u-a2JDV-0;9k7Z;1a_b;0257156236;4VoG7U;1ZF18ZF180q

If I could make a suggestion for it, it would be to not use WS with Drakes due to them having a 24s CD on the F2 and the trait has a 0 CD. Natural Regeneration may be a better choice for a super tanky pet. Drake with perma Regeneration & Protection, Natural Regeneration, +300 toughness and vitality is mad tough! Geomancy and Battle would be nice sigils too for that setup imo. Overall you have a very tanky setup there and Protect Me is a good choice with a pet like that. Use Hunter’s Call and F2 after “SotP” for 16 might on the drakes and 10 on yourself immediately! Although, with all the regen and swiftness you have from the shouts, you could drop the Warhorn for Axe for more damage. HC with “SotP” is pretty sweet though.

Let me know when you are happy with the build and I’ll add it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The power version I am using in PvP is:

-WS: Oakheart salve, shared anguish/refined toxins, wilderness knowledge
-NM: XXX adept, evasive purity, protective ward
-BM: GftE, wilting strike, zephyr speed

Marauders amulet, LB with fire and air, sword/axe with energy and bloodlust. Runes are still a mater of preference but i have found Travelers to work really well because of the move speed and 15% boon duration.

This works really well because you have near permanent protection and weakness up time so you can do well vs power builds. With a good up time of regeneration and trolls unguent and solid condition removal you can sustain yourself properly. Pets are up to choice but i go with the standard spider/wolf combo.

EDIT: I forgot the skills, ty Heim.

TU, QZ, LR, SoS and Entangle. Pets Wolf and spider/hawk

(edited by Chokolata.1870)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The power version I am using in PvP is:

-WS: Oakheart salve, shared anguish/refined toxins, wilderness knowledge
-NM: XXX adept, evasive purity, protective ward
-BM: GftE, wilting strike, zephyr speed

Marauders amulet, LB with fire and air, sword/axe with energy and bloodlust. Runes are still a mater of preference but i have found Travelers to work really well because of the move speed and 15% boon duration.

This works really well because you have near permanent protection and weakness up time so you can do well vs power builds. With a good up time of regeneration and trolls unguent and solid condition removal you can sustain yourself properly. Pets are up to choice but i go with the standard spider/wolf combo.

You included no skills or pets so I made the template with all survival skills, Hawk and Wolf.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pvp

I went ahead and added the build, it looks too much fun to not be there.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

EDIT: I forgot the skills, ty Heim.

TU, QZ, LR, SoS and Entangle. Pets Wolf and spider/hawk

Hehe, funny, I picked the right ones

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582, nice post good place for newer Rangers to get there hands on builds with this new meta.

Few tips for people making builds using Taunt, you want to try and pair the Beastly Warden with melee ranged F2’s. You have better control of your Taunt, if you’re using a ranged F2 you have to wait for your pet to get into melee range using F1 before you can effectively land Taunt or it will just cast Taunt at range missing the target. This doesn’t mean you can’t use ranged F2’s, just its more effective to pair Taunt with melee range F2’s.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

@Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582, nice post good place for newer Rangers to get there hands on builds with this new meta.

Few tips for people making builds using Taunt, you want to try and pair the Beastly Warden with melee ranged F2’s. You have better control of your Taunt, if you’re using a ranged F2 you have to wait for your pet to get into melee range using F1 before you can effectively land Taunt or it will just cast Taunt at range missing the target. This doesn’t mean you can’t use ranged F2’s, just its more effective to pair Taunt with melee range F2’s.

I’m not good at pet management but I will say that eagle with f2’s attack and refresh rate, well, it made a difference. Noticeable difference. I’m sure the veteran Ranger players don’t have much to re-learn, but post-patch the game just feels different.

I’ve not even set foot into sPvP yet and I don’t think I want to until I get a bit more comfortable with the new system. Pets seem like they factor in now more than before.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Roger that.

All tips like that are appreciated, I’m sure. Knowing is half the battle!

btw, if I write something about someone’s build, like give it a name they don’t like, for instance, let me know and I’ll change it. No malice intended and I’m not all that creative with my nomenclature, just the builds

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Has anyone thought of making an immortal bear troll ranger?

in Ranger

Posted by: Dromina.5023

Dromina.5023

1. Frost Spotter BM

LB-S/A, MM, SK, BM
Straight up DPS

Variation1: LB-GS with Remorseless and Two-Handed Training (no animation lock, more vuln stacking)
Variation2: GS-S/A with Two-Handed Training (more cleave damage)

gear etc. should be the same

maybe somebody can do the math for all 3 variants

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Has anyone thought of making an immortal bear troll ranger?

This sounds interesting…and also made me giggle a bit.

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

Pvp

I went ahead and added the build, it looks too much fun to not be there.

No problem. And about that: your advice was pretty good, so i did that change and seems like a good choice. The pets simply never die… and so i never loose the dps portion they represent.

About the horn, i’ll keep using it for the blast on fire field and other fields

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Seriously. Something like:

Settlers armor, Earth runes, WS,NM, BM, Runes of energy and geomancy on sword/torch and axe/dagger.
Oakheart, ambidexterity, EB, allies aid, evasive purity, protective ward, timbre, wilting strike, beastly warden.

Troll mania hahaha.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Seriously. Something like:

Settlers armor, Earth runes, WS,NM, BM, Runes of energy and geomancy on sword/torch and axe/dagger.
Oakheart, ambidexterity, EB, allies aid, evasive purity, protective ward, timbre, wilting strike, beastly warden.

Troll mania hahaha.

I thought you meant an invulnerable bear pet, because you could get like 5100 vitality and 2600 toughness with Natural Regeneration, perma Regeneration and Protection and another -50% damage while you are above 90% health, plus SoS and it’s own Defy Pain. That would be pretty tanky lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

Pvp

Be advised that Runes of the Soldier’s condi removal was reported to not be working with shouts after the big update. I think someone posted somewhere that this applied to all shouts, including Warriors.

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

Pvp

Be advised that Runes of the Soldier’s condi removal was reported to not be working with shouts after the big update. I think someone posted somewhere that this applied to all shouts, including Warriors.

Yea, i reported it as well. To be more precise, it doesn’t work with only the “new” shouts, which means “We heal as one” and “SoP”. Since i think it’s only a bug that will be fixed, i don’t consider it a big problem; and even so, i still have the other 3 utilities that DO cleanse. And one with only a 12 secs cooldown

(Don’t know anything about shouts from other classes like warrior though).

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jg-F7;0sEFt-e2JEV-0;9k23;1Y_b;0257156246;4Sk06S;9b0G

my version of the crusader remorseless Ranger.. Add the runes of altruism..
Every time i use heal i give aoe regen, swiftness, 3 stacks of might, fury, and a +25% dmg crit to me…. ON A 16sec COOLDOWN
I can change the shout but i want to keep my regen permanent and not wasting healing skill

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Hate to say this but in case others have wondered what is going on, I just noticed that WvW has its own trait system

I must have missed this in the notes but I was just at the bank, swapping gear around, then later in WvW when I hit traits, saw WvW noted. Such a dork.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jg-F7;0sEFt-e2JEV-0;9k23;1Y_b;0257156246;4Sk06S;9b0G

my version of the crusader remorseless Ranger.. Add the runes of altruism..
Every time i use heal i give aoe regen, swiftness, 3 stacks of might, fury, and a +25% dmg crit to me…. ON A 16sec COOLDOWN
I can change the shout but i want to keep my regen permanent and not wasting healing skill

Yeah, I like the Altruism on that, it was the 1st rune I used for that build because I was trying to make it more supporty, since it gives those boons to allies.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Pvp

Yeah, there are a lot of things not working at the moment, unfortunately, but hopefully they’ll be fixed soon™.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

3. Hybrid Mad King LB
LB-S/D, Sk, WS, NM

I’m trying that only diffrence is I use is warhorn and windborne notes, bountiful hunter and signet of renewal instead of full survival skills, in combat you easily stack up minutes of swiftness it’s just out of combat you will have to settle for almost full swiftness unless you just kill an ambient to begin with for quickdraw warhorn+swap swiftness before you start a run, it’s very strong I feel and lots of fun, I can’t begin to tell how much I love quickdraw it gives so many options everytime you swap weapons depending on situation, best trait ever!

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Pvp

It seems a little wasteful, like you have too much regen; ten sources by my count. I think you could lose “guard” at the very least, since that skill is pretty crap if you already have swiftness and regen. Might be ok once the runes get fixed.

Edit: Heimskarl, you should add Brazil’s PvE build, since that is likely going to be the meta.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

Pvp

It seems a little wasteful, like you have too much regen; ten sources by my count. I think you could lose “guard” at the very least, since that skill is pretty crap if you already have swiftness and regen. Might be ok once the runes get fixed.

Well, if that regen was only for me you’d be right, but i apply it to my nearby teammates as well, which i think is pretty much worth it. Even if i have permaregen, i’m not fighting always with the same guys (i mean that they and i rotate), and so many sources of regen allow me to put it on the allies i have nearby constantly.

For the guard, it’s the utility i use the most in combat, (i pretty much spam it), not only for its protection on pet and regen, but also and mostly for the condition cleanse… What would you put instead of guard?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

If it we’re me, I’d definitely use LR. SoS and SoR would also be good choices. PM is like SoS + LR, but having one of them would mean you don’t have to blow both your stun break and “invuln” at the same time.

Using only your heal skill almost gives you perma regen, so between all the other skills I don’t see anyone around you ever not having regen up, even if they’re cycling in and out. Whatever works for you though. Especially once the runes are fixed, I can see why you’d want Guard.

I’d be tempted to play with spike trap or MT as well, but that’s sort of out of left field.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Here is something that I’ve been playing with with some success. (let me know if the link doesn’t work)

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VKo-g;2FFx-r2cDF-0;9F-1;1Yb_;0148046157;4LBW4R;1LNW4LNW4a0O

It’s a variation of a longbow/greatsword power ranger with a heavy focus in pet management and survival.

Some benefits:

• All of the survival skills (Zephyr, Lightning Reflexes, Entangle, Troll Ungent) provide condi cleanse
  • The birds (hawk and eagle, though I sometimes use snow owl) have relatively short cooldowns on their activated attacks (4.75 seconds for hawk/eagle), which is important because they inflict AoE Taunt and Blind)

Other than that, it’s relatively basic. I like Marauder more than zerker because they removed vit from zerker and Marauder gives more crit chance (more crits = more sigil procs)

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

Ty for the advices, i’m thinking about puttin in SoR, it would be useful especially for when i have several conditions with many stacks on myself. Still i find “Guard” to be very useful, so was thinking about removing “Sick’Em” instead… But that would decrease my damage output and utility vs thieves and mesmers. I’ll think about it, thanks anyway

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Another thought, since you have quite a lot of blast finishers, you could take a field of some sort. Might, weakness… or keep guard and take HS. Some interesting things to play with.

in Ranger

Dionosio.5168

Another thought, since you have quite a lot of blast finishers, you could take a field of some sort. Might, weakness… or keep guard and take HS. Some interesting things to play with.

Yea, i have the fire field from torch. With pets and weapon swaps i can stack pretty much high might It’s one of the reasons i use double drake and horn

in Ranger

Posted by: Glov.5342

Glov.5342

I’m using shortbow trapper and having a blast.

I’m using marksmanship and traited for extra trap CDR; When healing spring bug is fixed + 3 traps (flame, viper’s, spike) we’ll have 100% uptime on Superspeed w/ trapper runes. I sincerely think it’s worth it.

Also, going beastmaster and traiting for extra condi dmg on torch + axe trait will also work pretty well (although we become dependents of traps). Axe #3 becomes AoE chill, #1 ensures a constant source of might while our 3 traps will wreck havoc on enemies

bear in mind all im talking is PvE. Loving A/T and SB condi trapper, definitely not going back power

in Ranger

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

Forgemans trap bunker. – Mostly for PVP

Super good, use spike trap or entangle to set up your double spitblade flame trap and bonfires.

Condi removal decent with HS and EB and Evasive Purity. Incredible protection uptime with prot ward prot on dodge and runeset. Makes you extremely tanky and condi burst is great. Burns last long and bleeds hit hard.

Build:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-JFk73;0wEFy-v2kDF-0;9V2E;1Z_a;0256136137;4E-H1V;1Rk06Rk069y

Youtube video of build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAUHpa2S940&feature=youtu.be

(edited by rpfohr.7048)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

For some reason, I cannot edit the build posts, but I will add the DnT Speed Run build as Frost Spotter and the Forgeman’s Trapper as a variant of Bunker Trapper when I can.
MattyP, I think yours is too close to the other LB builds so I will leave it out, we simply cannot add all the variants as there are thousands.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

This is my PvP build: http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jo-Fk;0sEkx-s2kDF-0;9k29;1Y_Z;0058137056;4KZ07T;92z

LB + S/T, mainly survival utilities. Focuses on 1v1s and busting down a target in team fights. Lots of might/fury.

Surprisingly effective, I’ve beat condition mesmers, bunker guards, zerker eles, perma-stealth thieves, etc.

Firstly Longbow, Lead the wind and marksmaship trait line is a bad choice with rabid Amulet.. Its a power weapon and a power traitline and they have no dmg condition in them..The bleed on crit its not enough imo. I can imagine some hybrid builds but i wouldnt go with at least 1500 power.
Secondly i would drop moment of clarity for Steady Focus.. Its a mediocre trait if not for a greatsword or shortbow

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I agree, I would not be running rabid amulet with LB. You could be outputting a ton more damage and have even better sustain with a few tweaks.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Still can’t edit my posts…

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

BM Condition bunker

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-JF37k;1FVu-d2gEF-0;9k11;1ba_;0057237136;4U7Z710;0jwmAjwmA9w

very tank, a decent amount of regen. i’ve tested a bit in pvp and although it doesn’t have a lot of killing power I can 3v1 for a few minutes waiting for a +1 to take down enemies. it does have some trouble against high condi spike if SoR is on CD.

thoughts?

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.4561

BROKENCAPS.4561

Here’s my Power Sustain Ranger (LB/GS) build:

http://intothemists.com/guides/5652-power_sustain_ranger

It’s been pretty sweet for soloQ roaming and skirmishing.

Not quite the same blitzing damage output of the old power ranger builds (not far off) but LOADS more sustain and condi-clear.

I very rarely seem to go down!

Am loving Mauruader over Zerker too…

(edited by BROKENCAPS.4561)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

Well this thread says “All Welcome” and as I never really do anything “Meta”, here’s my current PvP build. It’s a Bleed/Vulnerability condition build that also includes a bit of poison and torment (on F2, crit and elite). It would be interesting to know how it holds up if used by a more competant PvPer than myself.

IMO it contains a lot of synergy, and enables you to put down condition bursts in chunks in order to deal with the high cleanse meta, or all at once if you chose. Along with providing constant condition pressure too. Condition cleanse is poor, but it does have a high uptime on regeneration and swiftness.

Taunt synergises well with the Murellow’s F2. That way you keep them in the poison field for longer, and can position yourself to the flank ready to swap to shortbow to fire off a resmorsless poison volley (with high chance of additional conditions from the sigils), and then a fire of a load of high crit chance projectile finishers through the field to extend the amount of poison.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-Jg-V;1sE-u-g2ZDV-0;9F6I;1YZb;0237057246;4KRG430;0fgm9fgm92A

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

“grabs a thread repair hammer”

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.