New Druid shout build is out

in Ranger

Posted by: urowell mooncrest.7425

urowell mooncrest.7425

This build is really fun to play, It has 3k armor and can get up too 9k to 7k critical hits I hope you guys like it !

in Ranger

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

Not to be disrespectful or anything but this isn’t exactly ground breaking… Minus the mix/matched stat sets I’ve been running the exact same setup in pvp except I use SotW for the stability and damage spike and sometimes take staff over sword/x, depends on if I need the mobility and projectile blocking or not

But overall its a great build, I enjoy it greatly in pvp… You just gotta time that enlargement trait properly or it will kick your out of CA and completely empty it like it did in the video at 2:03…

With that said your a really good ranger, hope I don’t run into you lol

Also saw in the description about the tiger or bristleback… In pvp I always go BB cause tiger dies so easy… in constant 1v1 or 1v2 tiger may fair better and provides more consistent damage via lower cooldown non reflectable F2’s that also plays to your traits.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

No offense, but, this is an extremely sub par or mediocre build, you have a total of like, 3 condi cleanses between shouts, that you can’t really spam, and DC. Any decent player would rip you apart.

Stopped watching at the scrapper/Daredevil fight, that should have been tough to handle with just scrapper alone, that pretty much gave a window into the caliber of player you were facing.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Not to be disrespectful or anything but this isn’t exactly ground breaking… Minus the mix/matched stat sets I’ve been running the exact same setup in pvp except I use SotW for the stability and damage spike and sometimes take staff over sword/x, depends on if I need the mobility and projectile blocking or not

But overall its a great build, I enjoy it greatly in pvp… You just gotta time that enlargement trait properly or it will kick your out of CA and completely empty it like it did in the video at 2:03…

Also saw in the description about the tiger or bristleback… In pvp I always go BB cause tiger dies so easy… in constant 1v1 or 1v2 tiger may fair better and provides more consistent damage via lower cooldown non reflectable F2’s that also plays to your traits.

No idea what division you’re in, but I have NEVER seen any kind of variation of this build in PvP.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

urowell mooncrest.7425

No offense, but, this is an extremely sub par or mediocre build, you have a total of like, 3 condi cleanses between shouts, that you can’t really spam, and DC. Any decent player would rip you apart.

Stopped watching at the scrapper/Daredevil fight, that should have been tough to handle with just scrapper alone, that pretty much gave a window into the caliber of player you were facing.

Honestly mate, I just do this cause I think its fun. The build is strong against some but not all Condi specs I agree. But, it can sustain for the most part. The build traits are not Ground breaking. Most medium armor classes do either run soldiers or some other form with toughness/vitality. I just try and find something I have not seen or used yet. I thank you for the opinionated voice. If you have any Ideas for the build to be improved or other builds in general please P.m. me.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

That’s what it’s all about man, havin fun. Just tossing in my 2 cents.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

urowell mooncrest.7425

Its nice to read that this builds concept is not all that new/newish! I don’t use staff mainly due to its damage output, and while the mobility is good it lacks evades for me. I prefer to be in the Middle/Melee of most fights. I mostly use SotW trait for when I need to stomp a player mostly. Its more for Defense than offense for me. As for Tiger and BB I prefer pets that are more mobile and can get to the target faster. while BB has good Range and damage. They are really,really, slow getting from one place to another. Also a smart player can dodge/reflect a BB’s f2 at the right time. Most medium classes will start to use soldiers/ (insert Defensive armor here) because of how strong it is. This is a meta shift I have noticed and some what like. At the end of the day Everyone has a different play style from others;this just so happens to be mine,and I just like to share it with the ranger community and hear/read feedback like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I personally run Heal as One, Guard, Protect Me, Search and Rescue, and RaO in PvP on my druid. So i’m not surprised that it works, and i’m actually kinda surprised everyone seems to think the build doesn’t work…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

I personally run Heal as One, Guard, Protect Me, Search and Rescue, and RaO in PvP on my druid. So i’m not surprised that it works, and i’m actually kinda surprised everyone seems to think the build doesn’t work…

That’s not quite signet is it?

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

That’s not quite signet is it?

When you run a pocket bear, guard is something you can easily fire off in a team fight to soak up a good +31k damage for your team, and if your team has AoE retal it makes the enemy team take retal damage twice each time they hit anything since they are technically hitting the first target AND your pet. So it’s not quite as good for your own personal defense, but if you’re a druid in clerics gear you don’t really need a signet of stone, not to mention guard doesn’t prevent capture points.

That and Protect Me! is an AoE stunbreak so it ruins the popular Gravity Well choice, and can be used to save teammates from stuns.

in Ranger

Allison The Strange.4519

Not to be disrespectful or anything
-snip

No idea what division you’re in, but I have NEVER seen any kind of variation of this build in PvP.

This is what I like to run if I’m not really feeling into the longbow…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWnUqAVsg9CC2CCctgl/AbpIkBCAPphu1wD+sGXvrl8s0A-TpBGABpdIAa4IAgwDAY/yABt/AAXAAA

You can swap a shout or SotW for S&R if your team really needs it but I find it a wasted slot in yoloQ. 90% of the time I rez someone with S&R they just die again in a very stupid fashion.

If your fighting heavy power damage comps running 3 rev/engi I would swap SotW for SoS.

If you wanted you can go full bunker you can run clerics amulet, drop MM line for WS, take mid/bot/top. Will end up with very bursty healing in CAF, more condi removal, damage reduction, more endurance, and more protection.

People keep saying Sw/D for more evade but I find staff 3 to be enough. If you get caught with an imob and use staff 3 it will last about 2~2.5 seconds, evades everything, and won’t cause capture prevention.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Not to be disrespectful or anything
-snip

This is what I like to run if I’m not really feeling into the longbow…

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWnUqAVsg9CC2CCctgl/AbpIkBCAPphu1wD+sGXvrl8s0A-TpBGABpdIAa4IAgwDAY/yABt/AAXAAA

You can swap a shout or SotW for S&R if your team really needs it but I find it a wasted slot in yoloQ. 90% of the time I rez someone with S&R they just die again in a very stupid fashion.

If your fighting heavy power damage comps running 3 rev/engi I would swap SotW for SoS.

If you wanted you can go full bunker you can run clerics amulet, drop MM line for WS, take mid/bot/top. Will end up with very bursty healing in CAF, more condi removal, damage reduction, more endurance, and more protection.

People keep saying Sw/D for more evade but I find staff 3 to be enough. If you get caught with an imob and use staff 3 it will last about 2~2.5 seconds, evades everything, and won’t cause capture prevention.

Like I said, NEVER seen that before. going 3 offensive/utility traitlines isn’t really a good idea in this meta

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Allison The Strange.4519

That build got me from the last 3 tiers of ruby into t3 diamond without a single loss, I’d say it works quite well as long as you pick your fights right as you can out mobility anyone short of theif/rev and you shouldn’t need to run from a theif anyways.

If you actually use your swoop defensively you garner a HUGE amount of evade capability out of it. I typically use it on huge telegraphed skills from reapers or rev’s shiro elite. It’s basically like having a third dodge. It’s even more amazing when you get into the habit of untargeting when your imob’d and using as an evade that way (but I prefer using staff for that as the evade is slightly longer).

The only classes you’d actually struggle against is rev and mesmer but if you clear condi’s properly and don’t get moa’d you’ll have more than enough sustain to wear down a mesmer to force it off the point. For revenant it might just be that I’m terrible at fighting them or maybe they are just a bad match up for the druid, either way I’m unsure but I avoid the 1v1 with them if possible.

in Ranger

urowell mooncrest.7425

Everyone has a different play style and a different way to handle different classes of the game. While some may kite the enemy, others may take a more head on approach. Not all builds can be great at everything. My build may be able to tank a few shots from heavy hitting classes , but if not played right it cannot handle heavy condition based classes. Reading the comments from you guys allows not just me but others understand the ranger class as a whole. Thank you all for leaving comments or viewing the video I love reading Ideas/suggestions being typed out by you guys. I’m not the best player nor am I the worst I am just some guy who makes half way decent YouTube videos, and reading your guys comments/suggestions are really great to read some days!

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Next time you try to share a build you should link the build in here.

As for your build, I do have to agree that there is just not enough condi removal especially if you are playing a melee build. The reason I would not use much condi removal when playing would be because I can kite, like Staff/Longbow gameplay. For a melee build I would definitely use abit more condi clear, replacing your Protect Me with Signet of Renewal for example when facing condi specs.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

in Ranger

urowell mooncrest.7425

As for your build, I do have to agree that there is just not enough condi removal especially if you are playing a melee build. The reason I would not use much condi removal when playing would be because I can kite, like Staff/Longbow gameplay. For a melee build I would definitely use abit more condi clear, replacing your Protect Me with Signet of Renewal for example when facing condi specs.

The Build does have condition removal while not enough. Most classes only try and pump out 1 or two types of conditions. The build is fine for going up against condition specs I just Switch out signet of stone for signet of renewal. It is about timing when to use the signet that is the big part. add that in with Druid Clarity with CA and just switching back to normal form real quick conditions can never stay on for long doing much harm (minus like a 1v3 and its all condi people X.x). If you are wanting the build’s address here(http://goo.gl/6AxrkU) Most people do not really like to take an extra step to go to another place to get the build any way. Which I can understand

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

The Build does have condition removal while not enough. Most classes only try and pump out 1 or two types of conditions. The build is fine for going up against condition specs I just Switch out signet of stone for signet of renewal. It is about timing when to use the signet that is the big part. add that in with Druid Clarity with CA and just switching back to normal form real quick conditions can never stay on for long doing much harm (minus like a 1v3 and its all condi people X.x). If you are wanting the build’s address here(http://goo.gl/6AxrkU) Most people do not really like to take an extra step to go to another place to get the build any way. Which I can understand

I personally thought the amount of condi clear was fine, but as many on the forums know I have a habit of playing with significantly less condi clear than everyone else does. I find dodging the big condi spike skills to be more important.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I personally thought the amount of condi clear was fine, but as many on the forums know I have a habit of playing with significantly less condi clear than everyone else does. I find dodging the big condi spike skills to be more important.

No! You must step on every mark and facetank every clone that runs at you! It is the only way to show your enemy you mean business!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I’m still using a shout build with a normal ranger and I get this kind of pm a lot…

http://imgur.com/QiMWLiO

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

urowell mooncrest.7425

I’m still using a shout build with a normal ranger and I get this kind of pm a lot…

http://imgur.com/QiMWLiO

Don’t worry about it man. I get just about the same from people if I am running survival trait line on normal ranger as well. usually because they cannot get me below 90% and I regen Hp back real fast. Play what you want to play and enjoy it!

in Ranger

urowell mooncrest.7425

I greatly agree with this statement. The only class hard to dodge is necromancer’s wells and also Aoe affects. Which is why most will go to that for their case and point. Anyone can have a good build if they know how to play it right. I have a friend who plays melee ranger and wins against most condition specs just by evades alone and using his signet at the right time he does not even use survival traits only trooper runes and Nature line.