New Elite Skill : Death Archer?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

Costs 50 skill points.

Absorbs your pet stats and adds them to your own for 15 seconds every 2 minutes. Pet is killed in process.

How does that sound?

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in Ranger

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

and what are going to do after when the enemy is still standing?…..to me traits like these are a waste of time.

in Ranger

Sunspots.9861

Summon a new pet and keep fighting? Do you just want a button that kills the person in front of you instantly?

in Ranger

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

So, basically Protect Me with a % damage increase would do the trick. I wish Protect Me was on a shorter cooldown…they make great cannon fodder.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in Ranger

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

it will be good if you are playing only pvp. but for crowd control and dungeon crawl, its not very good. especially in dungeons where there is a crowd. you like to play pvp dont you?

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Do you just want a button that get rid of your pets instantly?
Any action that get rid of pets from rangers’ dps is going against A-net’s ideal ranger.
They want the pet to be available to you all the time and contribute at least 50% of your total damage. Sure, they suck and don’t do as promised right now. So what? Buff them if they need to. Deal more damage, have more survivability , act more responsive upon commands, or whatever. Why don’t people understand that pets are a essential role within rangers’ skill kit?

in Ranger

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

ehhh Dont think that does well at all.

nah…

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

This type of ability is more necrotic than it is ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Am i the only one that likes pets? Seriously?

in Ranger

Posted by: crebosh.3548

crebosh.3548

Do you just want a button that get rid of your pets instantly?
Any action that get rid of pets from rangers’ dps is going against A-net’s ideal ranger.
They want the pet to be available to you all the time and contribute at least 50% of your total damage. Sure, they suck and don’t do as promised right now. So what? Buff them if they need to. Deal more damage, have more survivability , act more responsive upon commands, or whatever. Why don’t people understand that pets are a essential role within rangers’ skill kit?

Cough protect me cough…yeah I sorta like his idea and I sorta don’t. The problem is this is just a for fun idea don’t be a jerk. Also your argument is pretty poor when you consider he is most definitely using the pet not just ditching it. To sum it up get over yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

Am i the only one that likes pets? Seriously?

I love pets

(im a girl btw)

in Ranger

Sunspots.9861

I like pets too, which is why despite the fact so many would like the option to permanently stow the pet, I think A-net might decide they don’t want to go that far. What I’m trying to do is think of ways to compromise and give rangers a utility option to do that without dramatically changing the class.

Maybe this isn’t the right solution, but I don’t see anything wrong with exchanging the pet for a boost in weapon damage in some capacity. As for lore, the pet doesn’t have to die..it can “ascend” or whatever semantic you want but it made sense to invoke the 45 second pet timer after using such a powerful skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Dumb name
Dumb idea
No.

/thread

in Ranger

Posted by: crebosh.3548

crebosh.3548

Sunsports don’t listen to the forum trolls. In all honesty its not a horrible idea. Though it really doesn’t offer any in game help, it is a fun way for the community to come together. Unfortunately until Anet has the game working as envisioned you will have forum trolls constantly bad mouthing any one with something to say.

in Ranger

Sunspots.9861

I don’t mind ;P I’m sure I’m not the only one that sits in mumble or vent chatting with other Rangers thinking of ways to change or better the class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Killing the pet sounds out of character. How about a “gattai” I don’t know how to say it in English, but you know in anime when robots and stuff merge together into a bigger and better thing?

Hmmm, something like “soul unision”, you hit that and you merge with the pet’s spirit getting its special abilities and stats for a short time. Afterwards pet goes on cd for usual 20secs or so to rest and the other pet comes out.

in Ranger

Posted by: faeral.7120

faeral.7120

pets are rad, it is why i play ranger.

i would prefer for them to fix & make this mechanic stronger than give us a bandaid that removes the mechanic entirely—but i can understand the point of view of players who want something like this.

in Ranger

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

This type of ability is more necrotic than it is ranger.

Absolutely. I play both classes and as soon as I saw the description, I thought it fitted the image of the necromancer. It just doesn’t feel right for ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: aPutridCorpse.8792

aPutridCorpse.8792

Do you just want a button that kills the person in front of you instantly?

That sounds good to me

Level 80 Asura Ranger
Level 30 Human Guardian

in Ranger

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Killing the pet sounds out of character. How about a “gattai” I don’t know how to say it in English, but you know in anime when robots and stuff merge together into a bigger and better thing?

Hmmm, something like “soul unision”, you hit that and you merge with the pet’s spirit getting its special abilities and stats for a short time. Afterwards pet goes on cd for usual 20secs or so to rest and the other pet comes out.

This is a fun idea, a skill that transform your pet into an armor or weapon set…. interesting!

in Ranger

Posted by: Thorondir.9138

Thorondir.9138

More like: pets already dead, elite goes on cooldown.