"New Elite Skill"

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Hey, I was showed this earlier and I’m not gonna even ASSUME this is right until further notice…. However if it is who else would be happy?

Signet of the Beastmaster

Passive: All signet actives affect the Ranger too.
Active: The next time the Ranger is downed the pet will attempt to resurrect the ranger, while healing itself and granting itself quickness.

“Source:” http://pastebin.com/e9276EXr

Personally I think it’d open up A LOT of build options especially with the whole not needing to spend a grandmaster trait for it sorta thing. I feel like the active would be really powerful too although it’d need to either 1) have a fairly lengthy cast and require pre casting of it, or 2) have a short duration so you had to time it as you’re going down. Otherwise it’d be broken as hell.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Diehard.1432

Diehard.1432

Interesting..albeit I am not convinced to use it over RAO. And whats up with the active anyway? You have to activate it just right before you are downed?

Garuda X, lvl 80 human Siamoth Ranger JQ SEA
[VaL]

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

Hrmmm....

I lose Entangle or RAO to take Signet of the Beastmaster? I can only assume this would mean they’d ditch the grandmaster trait and force us to take this instead. I’ll just kiss my six second invulnerability goodbye now.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

I’m so conflicted about this that I can’t formulate a well thought out response without deleting it all and starting over.

I don’t think that I like it, unless it means we’re seeing a change to the grandmaster trait of the same name.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Hmmm, I don’t know. The text on this one (as well as those others) sounds rather … dorky and unprofessional. “smacks enemies”, “crippling crunches”? Sounds more like a clown wrote these notes.

And to me these supposedly new elites sound rather weak and trivial. Why would a Mesmer want to destroy their clones just to become a single, highly visible target akin to the Lich transform of the necromancer? I’d rather keep MI or TW. Why would a Guardian bother with a Spirit Staff when spirit weapons have been nerfed into a pitiful state and the Guardian has to sacrifice too many point in order to actually make them slightly less pitiful at the cost of his own defenses? etc.

Then again, I guess they could turn the trait into an actual signet as it was always odd to have a trait being called a signet. But the active effect sounds rather minimalistic ‘high risk low reward’ and extremely situational.

I would be more interested in what GM trait we will get in return?

Personally I still believe that signets should work for our whole class (pet and Ranger) without all these pointless limitations attached; just like signets work for every other class. We’re supposed to be one unit, so why do all our signets only work for ~30% of our unit unless we invest heavily into it working for the full 100%?

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

(edited by Aveneo.2068)

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

FAKE

Guild Wars 2 skill descriptions always use the word Foe. The writer of those skill descriptions kind of slipped up and posted the word Enemies under the Mesmer’s skill description instead of Foes.

Also, That Shaman is one of the most prolific data miners for Gw2. I checked his posts about upcoming stuff (most recent one is here :::http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1wzzl6/data_mining_upcoming_features_and_chat_codes_from/)

And aside from some interesting things, like new commander icons, new musical weapons, and even more stuff about a VIP thing…..There isn’t anything about new elite skills of any kind.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

The active looks garbage, but the passive is the main feature of this, I doubt they will delete the trait, simply allow for both options. If this is true then it will be nice because you could run a signet build with peircing and eagle eye, which is really nice for wvw.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: law.9410

law.9410

lol ya wish the active didn’t have to do with getting downed…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

The mesmer one made me lol “Transform yourself into a large phantasm version of yourself that smacks enemies with illusionary hands” xD

These must be fake, no way would they use this kind of language xD

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

They could be fake, or they could be in language that isn’t meant to make it to the live servers (it’s easier to rewrite a description than it is to create and test a functionality) yet.

But that’s neither here nor there, so to discuss the change based on pure conjecture, I’d have to say that it is actually a very positive change overall. Sure, you sacrifice a 20 second stability, but for signet builds, it opens up a trait slot, for a new trait, or one of the other traits that before you couldn’t take because the Marksmanship line was just too congested.

Also, the active seems like it’s a free rez if you use it appropriately.

My playstyle would personally get much more use out of this on power builds than RaO, since all RaO is really good for in PvP/WvW is the stability, and this change already gives you the potential to build for higher damage output builds without even seeing if a new Grandmaster trait has been added or not, like being able to put spotter and eagle eye/piercing arrows/remorseless on and still being able to use a signet build.

So if this is real, and the grandmaster trait is of course removed (it would kind of have to be), then I think this is a very, very, very good change.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

If this was real you are giving up rampage as one for a piercing arrow or signets grant might on use trait.
You lose stability and gain more offensive abilitys which in the current power ranger builds is probably the worst thing possible.

We lack defence.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Would prefer if all signets effected us anyway. Rather than using an elite or major trait.

A good elite should be a “oh crap!” Button something to save our lives

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Would prefer if all signets effected us anyway. Rather than using an elite or major trait.

A good elite should be a “oh crap!” Button something to save our lives

Seriously? Did you read the active of the signet elite? It is quite literally an “Oh Crap!!” Button that will save your life…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

It’s crap…
And also 99.9% fake imo.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

Confirmed: fake.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

There is no confirmation or denial as to the accuracy of them in the dev tracker. Also, why does that even matter when the purpose of the topic is to discuss the potential change, and not just throw around opinions to speculate the accuracy of the change?

This actually has the potential to be a very constructive discussion, and at the very least could provide an interesting discussion on an otherwise very stagnant subforum.

So, to the people saying that losing RaO is a “huge” loss to defense, I would say that it is true for some builds and not true for other builds. I would think that basically a free self rez on active and the ability to turn any armor and trait setup into a signet build (think running a BM build and now having the ability to use Signet of Stone and Wild while still having trait points wherever you want).

I totally see how losing RaO is a hard hit to defense on a glass build, but I also don’t believe you were gaining that much from the stability since a breeze still kills you regardless of whether you’re CC’d or not, meaning that RaO only really truly shines on Tanky/Soldier Zerg surfing builds.

Assuming the change does happen, we also have no idea what’s going to be done with that trait slot. It could be something (and hopefully is something if these are real) immensely more useful than what we are used to. I just hope that it isn’t another “Nature’s Voice.”

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

I bet they end up being real

Anyway, it would be interesting, give up Rampage for a 6 second Invul would be decent as a Ranger

I’d use it for any Glass Cannon Build for sure.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Fenrir.6183

Real rangers use entangle anyway…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

It looks cool. Not sure I’d use it but I can imagine it being used in some builds. Certainly for berserker type builds I’d have it over RaO any day, and on BM bunkers it could be insane.. allowing SoS and SoW actives on such builds, as well as insta pet res, sounds borderline madness.

That said.. I am going with it being fake as well. The mesmer one really doesnt sound at all right… Lol.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Cufufalating.8479)

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

I bet they are real too, but this means they are taking the pet rez away from the downed bar.

If you guys are watching the streams, you probably know that those guys are more than capable of coming up with tentative descriptions such as these & and they have someone to correct the descriptions for them.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

Yeah…you activate this signet, get ressed from PET, kitten All your utility skills (3 signets) and die again.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

If i’m reading it correctly, all the passive does is allow the actives of our Signets to be used by us, which we normally don’t use anyway, but if you’re about to die..you pop that ability, your pet then resses you really fast and when you pop back up, you don’t have your signets actives usable (but the passives would still work with ya)

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Also the mesmer one sounds like Lich Form, only Mesmer like.. so i’m betting these are real

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Fenrir.6183

If i’m reading it correctly, all the passive does is allow the actives of our Signets to be used by us, which we normally don’t use anyway, but if you’re about to die..you pop that ability, your pet then resses you really fast and when you pop back up, you don’t have your signets actives usable (but the passives would still work with ya)

Which we don’t use ? Signet of the wild has to be one of the most used skills…and with the trait it gives stability. No idea what you’re talking about…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Fenrir, if you don’t have 30 points in Marksman, you don’t use the active on Signet of the wild, nor Signet of Stones Active, bout the only one that gets used is SoR.

Unless you’re running around popping those Signets without Signet of the Beastmastery, in which case face palm

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Fenrir.6183

I agree…if you don’t have 30 points in Marksman you don’t use (ie activate) it. That doesn’t mean it’s not up in the slot…
In a healing power build for instance, it can give up to 150 hp regen.
So yeah, all power builds probably have this one for the stability and other bubilds can use it as well for the health regen.
I guess i misread your message and thought you meant use as in have it in your skills…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

actually, before the desaster known as the big pet damage nerf, there was a build around, which used the active on SotW without having Signet of the Beastmaster traited.

Back then, there was no real leash range on pets, so your jaguar could pretty much go and rough up targets while you were sitting at 3k range. This gave birth to some gimmicky builds, which put all the damage on the pet.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Ehh, as the inventor of Nature’s Ninja, I never used Signet of the Wild in the build..

Guard, Sic’em, Quickening Zephyr were the utilities used in that build..

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

That build was around before people started exploiting guard to climb walls, tho.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I still use Signet of the Wilds active without Sig of the Beastmaster…. I am absolutely in the minority it seems lol, i normally use it if i want a guaranteed fear or immob or w/e i want from my pet to go off and don’t really need the healing, the damage is a nice perk too, and something i’ll abuse if i know my pet has a lot of buffs up.

Tbh, i feel like it’d be a really powerful elite overall, and it’s not like if you’re going down that you wouldn’t have activated your signets… I mean seriously, Sig of the Wild is a good Offense + Defense active, SoR and SoS are good defensive actives, and then you’ve got SotH for a nice offensive CD.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

If. I have the trait signets of the beastmaster and Run it with 3 signets, then i use them. Be it hunt for extra dmg on maul, stone to survive burst/heavy pressure, wild for increased dmg and stability and renewal Vs condi burst.
If i Do Not have this trait, but the Elite, and use its active then All my 3 utility signets cant be used actively (stone and wild especially). Which means easy kill.
Anet should rlly make the signets affekt Player by default and pet with trait/Elite.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I wonder..

You can use Rampage As One with anything
You can use Natures Spirit (mostly on spirits build but its strong even without traiting)
You can use Entragle with anything

Who gonna use this elite without 3 signets?Even tho i like it as idea i dont think it will open more build possibilities…You will NEED again to take 3 signets…

“Here, take an elite skill that does NOTHING as long as you dont have 1 signet equipped”

I dont think that this is happening to any class right now..
Thieves use the Basilisk Venom with anything, not only with venom traiting…

That constant NEED of taking ONE kind of skills and heavy traiting em is ridiculous…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

I wouldn’t use spirit without traiting, i’ve tried..

It sucks

The spec that will benefit the most is the 30 Marksman builds, because entangle is blah really now a days (thieves/warriors ignore it basically) and you wouldn’t use Nature’s Spirit, so that leaves Rampage as One….

I’d probably use it on my BM Bunker build, 6 second Invul is nice, and I could have a lower cooldown Stability for stomping.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

We already have a skill on downed where our pet gets us up, and so does another elite when time right, the spirit. The active should do something else. Like buffs on your pet are transferred to nearby allies or something.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Fenrir.6183

It sucks

The spec that will benefit the most is the 30 Marksman builds, because entangle is blah really now a days (thieves/warriors ignore it basically) and you wouldn’t use Nature’s Spirit, so that leaves Rampage as One….

Eh ? No it does not. It’s actually pretty good, can revive a lot of people (since you can use the active several times) and grants a nice health regen. I use it sometimes in wvw, it can revive a lord and so, provides the same kind of utility a warrior banner does.

Also, in wvw, entangle is much better than RaO. Not everyone talks about pvp, you know…actually i’m pretty sure much more people play wvw than pvp (at least on my server).

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Sina.9208

We already have a skill on downed where our pet gets us up, and so does another elite when time right, the spirit. The active should do something else. Like buffs on your pet are transferred to nearby allies or something.

You guys are naivë to think that pet rez on downed would stay in the game after the release of an elite skill such as this :-)

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I swear to god if this is the “amazing thing” coming for the Ranger I’m going to clock someone right in the mouth.
Although the passive effect sounds pretty decent… I would love to see more done to the Ranger than just a mediocre elite signet. I understand that it hasn’t been stated anywhere that this will be the “amazing thing(s)” coming for the Ranger, but if I know ANet… Well prepare for an anti-climactic finish.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I swear to god if this is the “amazing thing” coming for the Ranger I’m going to clock someone right in the mouth.
Although the passive effect sounds pretty decent… I would love to see more done to the Ranger than just a mediocre elite signet. I understand that it hasn’t been stated anywhere that this will be the “amazing thing(s)” coming for the Ranger, but if I know ANet… Well prepare for an anti-climactic finish.

You do realize if this signet is legit there’s have to be at least ONE trait change right? And I’d be willing to bet money they’d be doing more than just changing a trait and adding an elite….

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

It sucks

Eh ? No it does not. It’s actually pretty good, can revive a lot of people (since you can use the active several times) and grants a nice health regen. I use it sometimes in wvw, it can revive a lord and so, provides the same kind of utility a warrior banner does.

Also, in wvw, entangle is much better than RaO. Not everyone talks about pvp, you know…actually i’m pretty sure much more people play wvw than pvp (at least on my server).

During a large fight, if you don’t have it traited, its not going to activate more then once, and you will have to pop it instantly after being summoned before it dies…hell you pretty much have to do that now as it’ll die even in small man fights. Its good for rezzing lords if you’re fast enough basically…That’s it as far at traiting.

As for Entangle being better then ROA in World vs World vs PvP

A. I don’t play a lot of PvP, hence why you’ve never seen a video of me doing it.

B. Entangle doesn’t work vs Thieves and Warriors..To two most common classes you’ll run across solo or small manning….Zerg wise its hit or miss, If you’re chasing down another zerg with your zerg its actually decent, as you’ll usually get 5 more kills from it, But for opening Fights.. ROA is better then Entangle. for Small Manning, ROA is better cause it allows you to stomp..If stomping wasn’t a problem i’d say Entangle would be better in some cases (It works really well vs Necromancers if you can land it, and Asura…its instant death for asura)…So anyway there is a reason I switched from Entangle long ago in my videos to ROA (One of the reasons was losing out on Pain Inverter, which gave me the combo of Entangle, PI, Bonfire) Hell at this point Mistfire Wolves are better then Entangle as far as Elites go.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

It’s definitely fake, nothing about the design of this Signet makes any sense. It’s a passive that is only useful if you’re running Signets. AND signets you plan to activate. No Elites work that way. The Active is even worse because it’s completely up in the air. Presumably it would work like the new Engineer heal AED, but even so, how is that supposed to work?

How long do you have after activating it to be downed and still get the effect? Does your pet immediately stop what they’re doing and come heal you? What happens if your pet gets knocked around and interrupted while healing you, does it continue healing itself too? It doesn’t guarantee a revive, just that your pet will be potentially harder to kill while trying to revive you, assuming it can even reach you at all because you’re not on different levels at the time you go down.

Signet of the Beastmaster should remain a trait, not necessarily a grandmaster trait but a trait, or be ingrained mechanic of the class, not an Elite skill. That’s a terrible design.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

You guys are naivë to think that pet rez on downed would stay in the game after the release of an elite skill such as this :-)

So your opinion is that they would kick every single Ranger in the balls in order to provide a single questionably effective skill to a subsection of the population?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Sina.9208

So your opinion is that they would kick every single Ranger in the balls in order to provide a single questionably effective skill to a subsection of the population?

Yes. ~~~~~~~~~~~15char

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

You completely missed my point… which was we don’t need another self res to begin with.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Adrian Guardian.9480

Adrian Guardian.9480

Looks like a nice skill that opens up build options and provides fun given that the passive and active both look useful (including for the signets it buffs), and I like the “oh kitten” buttons that some other elites are.

I’d only use it with one or two signet utility skills though, because the active on signet of the hunt isn’t worth it, and antidote presumably isn’t affected.

I sense a trait rework coming up, as it makes both the grandmaster marksmanship trait and the minor beast mastery adept trait redundant, then probably other traits will change while they’re on it.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

nagymbear.5280

I can see it being an option for longbow power rangers, and mauk users, but without RaO and with our pets like they are now, it will just be a different kind of almost good ranger I’m affraid. I’m also affraid that no matter what they do with the grandmaster trait we now have they are going to mess up something. If they leave it as it is, it will be a facepalm moment, if they remove it, I’m affraid of what they will do to our bow traits in MM. “Something amazing” suddenly doesn’t sound like a joke, it sounds like a nightmare.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

They nerfed both pet damage and leash range (with no offset at all) just to placate one game mode.

Anet doesn’t give much thought to their ranger updates nor do they seem to particularly care what gets mucked up in the process as long as the other classes are happy.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

If that originally signet were to happen, I think it should be “pet instantly downs and ranger instantly revives” or something among those matters like a sacrifice… too weak an elite to do what search and rescue does.

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Kal Spiro.9745

They nerfed both pet damage and leash range (with no offset at all) just to placate one game mode.

Anet doesn’t give much thought to their ranger updates nor do they seem to particularly care what gets mucked up in the process as long as the other classes are happy.

I knew what the answer was before, I asked, I just wanted it written down somewhere before it happened, if it happened.

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

If that originally signet were to happen, I think it should be “pet instantly downs and ranger instantly revives” or something among those matters like a sacrifice… too weak an elite to do what search and rescue does.

May I ask why we would need yet another ‘kitten your dps’ skill? Already the GW2 Ranger is some kind of sadistic being who revels in animal cruelty for the sake of his own selfish needs. If anything we need less skills that sacrifice/torment our pet; not more.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

"New Elite Skill"

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

May I ask why we would need yet another ‘kitten your dps’ skill? Already the GW2 Ranger is some kind of sadistic being who revels in animal cruelty for the sake of his own selfish needs. If anything we need less skills that sacrifice/torment our pet; not more.

So much this…. I don’t think I’ve seen this many “sacrifice/torment” skills on a kittening warlock/summoner profession yet ranger has them in kittening abundance….

Also, Paz, it’s not doing what S&R is doing, it’d be triggering your 3 while downed (which rezzes faster than a player last I checked), with QUICKNESS, and it heals itself making it very much a “press F to finish me or I’m getting my kitten back up” sorta skill.