New HoT Mobs that Aggro to Healing Power?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I ask in ranger forum because druid would seem to be the incoming focused healer for Raids.

With developers saying no more dodge to live and zerker meta going away, do you think there will be assassin esque mobs that utilize stealth, spike hard and focus low armor &/or healing power?

Seemingly a lot of people are expecting to free-cast from the backline using staff/celestial form and glass specs in general.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I don’t think so, that would essentially mean that Clerics gear is totally pointless as mobs already agro onto toughness, having healing power affected would basically render Clerics Druids useless because everything would agro your healer every single time, same issue with Apothecary. Same issue for Zealots if its healing power. I highly doubt they would add something like this. Perhaps for a boss mechanic, but no other mobs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I know it’s only barely related, but people keep freaking out about the “no more dodge” thing, particularly Thieves whose entire Elite mechanic is based on dodging… But has ArenaNet given SPECIFICS on how exactly they’re reducing the effectiveness of dodging for newer content? It could very well just be that large attacks will come more frequently than one can normally dodge, rather than just outright ignoring dodges altogether.

As for enemies aggroing onto Healing Power/Toughness in tandem, I imagine that’d actually make such gear effective for those who really want to play up the Tank corner of the holy trinity.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I don’t know about agro mechanics. But I wouldn’t be surprised if there are mechanics designed to make healing more difficult. Mobs that spawn walls that seperate players (like the mordrem snipers and wyvern flying trails). Mobs that launch poison fields at players receiving significant healing. Mobs that specifically target low health players.

Things like that.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

yeah I didn’t mean blobs of foes with healingpower hate, I mean just a couple aloof(stealth on spawn) that act like assassins who hate on healers and glassy builds.

By “no more dodge to win” I think its actually more along the lines of frequent smaller hits. That would actually allow druids/healers to heal dmg taken wrather than people going from 100% to 0% health in a couple seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

yeah I didn’t mean blobs of foes with healingpower hate, I mean just a couple aloof(stealth on spawn) that act like assassins who hate on healers and glassy builds.

By “no more dodge to win” I think its actually more along the lines of frequent smaller hits. That would actually allow druids/healers to heal dmg taken wrather than people going from 100% to 0% health in a couple seconds.

Well, then in that case, quite possible. I misunderstood.

I don’t think dodge to avoid all damage is going anywhere, it’s just that they will also add in unavoidable damage as well. You will still have to dodge boss attacks I reckon.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Mobs focusing healers was a theme of Guild Wars 1. Some utilizing this tactic (not bosses!) would be interesting addition.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

This would be cool, it would add more much needed mechanics to encounters. If the DPS group had to watch out for stealthed enemies, reveal them and take them down before killing the healer, right before a big undodgeable hit that you would need a healer for.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I know it’s only barely related, but people keep freaking out about the “no more dodge” thing, particularly Thieves whose entire Elite mechanic is based on dodging… But has ArenaNet given SPECIFICS on how exactly they’re reducing the effectiveness of dodging for newer content? It could very well just be that large attacks will come more frequently than one can normally dodge, rather than just outright ignoring dodges altogether. .

As for enemies aggroing onto Healing Power/Toughness in tandem, I imagine that’d actually make such gear effective for those who really want to play up the Tank corner of the holy trinity.

Well, the best example of what they meant by “Dodge will be useless” is the lightning strike that occur in the boss fight of the guardian vale. You simply can’t dodge it. You have to disable it by having player on the red circle. Althought if I’m not mistaken, there will be a boss where you will want to be outside the arena when it’s aoe occur. Simply, they introduce unavoidable damage with a mean to disable them that is something different than dodge. These mechanisms force player into a mobile warfare instead of the stack, spank and dodge on wall dungeon meta.

On topic, GW2 is different of classic mmo game by the fact that you’re supposed to be able to fill each and every “role” without any regard on your profession. Having healing power will most likely allow you to effectively tank more than a toughness tank. So, yeah, it would be usefull if healing power was the “agro” stat but, on the other hand, it would make toughness totally useless.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Already mobs in the current game that will shift aggro depending on the person doing the most healing or lowest health. I don’t expect Anet to do away with bosses and enemies that will shift priorities.

Already have mobs in HoT that can burst a full sentinel warrior in 5-strikes and the like. Anyone expecting a no-pressure experience in raids is (most likely) looking at the 1st raid encounter and thinking it will apply to most, if not all.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.