New Pet Types u wanna see...

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

What new pet type would u like to see? With pet type I mean Drakes (one type) Hounds (one type), Moas, birds, etc….. Its kind of boring to just get different looks of what we already have sometimes – unless they make a really cool skin.

Personally I’d like to see;

• Griffons
  • some sort of Dino pets fom the maguuma jungle

What would u like to see in the future?

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

lions

die Gedanken sind frei

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

I want a turtle with an F2 that causes it to withdraw into its shell, blocking all projectiles for like 10 seconds. Make it ground targeted.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Raptor.
I have wanted one ever since I spotted one.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Griffons would make me weep from sheer happiness.
Dinos? YES!
Phoenixes are necessary.
Parrots, Toucans, and other tropical birds would be nice.
Gimme a pet whale NOWwwww!
Lions and tigers too please.
I wanna pet turtle >;(

in Ranger

Posted by: Mavander.3208

Mavander.3208

Crabs. Who doesn’t want crabs!?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Green Moa
Swiftening Screech (25s cooldown)
20s swiftness
number of targets: 5
radius: 600

Plated Behemoth
Defying Roar (19s cooldown)
10s Retaliation
(15s traited = same cooldown as Beastly Warden)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Raptors are what I’d love.

Been playing GW1 lately as my main computer is down, and it made me remember the pheonix was a tamable pet. More mythical creatures like that would be a lot of fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

Personally I’d like to see new abilities that incorporate the pet.

Trap: ASPCA
Your pet sits in the trapped area. When an enemy player enters the area they learn what its like to be a Ranger. Your pet follows that player as an uncontrollable ally and that player loses 20% of all stats. When the duration expires, your pet returns to you. Duration 30sec. CD 15 seconds.

As for new pets, the Morderum vine-dogs look cool. Or a Nightmare hound. Maybe a Juvenile Charr or Juvenile Kodan would be cool too.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

(edited by Raven.9603)

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There are a ton of neat creatures in GW2 that I’d love to see as pets. Heck, ideally it’d be a situation where nearly every wild creature could be a Ranger pet, but that’s definitely a pipe dream at this point.

That said, my top 5 for new pet families is…

~ Wind Riders. I love the more “fantastical” creatures, and Wind Riders certainly fall in that category, plus they’re just plain awesome. Who doesn’t want to tame floating magical squid monsters. They’d make for a nice new ranged pet with some interesting special abilities (like Reef Riders having a boon steal, though probably not on their auto-attack like the “wild” ones).

~ Skales / Shelk. I don’t even know what these are supposed to be, but they look cool as heck, and there’s already precedent for them being tamed in various parts of the world (I know there’s at least 2 different places in Ascalon where Charr have tamed them). Having a Shelk with a shadowstep ability would be neat, as would a Skale with an AoE vomit attack.

~ Grubs. What can I say, I’m a fan of bugs. Firebreathing caterpillars are pretty neat. Another option for a ranged pet, hopefully a more offensively-based one compared to spiders and devourers.

~ Beetles. Like I said, I love bugs. They could have some really unique abilities, like the spray of liquid that causes vulnerability and the charges. Oh, and also, Anet teased me with that one spot in The Silverwastes near the Mystery Cave where there’s a small side area that has a bunch of small, non-hostile beetles. When I first saw that I was like “OMG tameable!” and then… no. Just playing with my emotions. I demand recompense Anet! Give me my tameable beetles!

~ Griffons. Like everyone else. The quintessential fantasy pet, and ogres get them so why can’t we!

And for underwater pets….

~ Sea Scorpions (especially the Deep Sea variant). These things are so kitten looking. Seriously. I need one just because of how awesome they look.

~ Electric Fish. Also look pretty cool. And clearly something like an electric fish should have some pretty great combat abilities.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Oh nice ring of fire Mr. Ele… Let’s see what my pet GIANT has to say about that!

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I support raptors. Also, I’ve wanted mustelids since GW1. Give me a weasel, ferret, otter, wolverine, mink, marten, badger, or honey badger; I’m not picky.

Edit: As a side note, it is nice that ANet actually did their homework on raptors. The people responsible for Jurassic World are decades behind the times…

(edited by Unholy Pillager.3791)

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

I support raptors. Also, I’ve wanted mustelids since GW1. Give me a weasel, ferret, otter, wolverine, mink, marten, badger, or honey badger; I’m not picky.

Edit: As a side note, it is nice that ANet actually did their homework on raptors. The people responsible for Jurassic World are decades behind the times…

To be fair the movie addresses why they don’t look accurate. The dinosaurs of Jurassic Park were modified with the DNA of other animals to complete the missing gaps in their DNA strands and to make them look like what we thought they looked like at the time.

It’s covered in the book too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I would love a Colocal. They’re just so adorable.

Edit Also a stag or moose.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

To be fair the movie addresses why they don’t look accurate. The dinosaurs of Jurassic Park were modified with the DNA of other animals to complete the missing gaps in their DNA strands and to make them look like what we thought they looked like at the time.

It’s what people actually assumed dinosaurs looked like during the early 90’s.

Conclusive evidence of non-avian theropods having at least some feathers wasn’t accepted as the norm until after the film came out.

Plus, it’s stupid hard to make CG feathers look good in a photo realistic film.

It’s also worth noting that the “raptors” in JP much more closely resemble Utahraptors in size and build than they do Velociraptors which evolved ~50 million years later and thus could reasonably have much fewer or even no feathers at all.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Conclusive evidence of non-avian theropods having at least some feathers wasn’t accepted as the norm until after the film came out.

It’s also worth noting that the “raptors” in JP much more closely resemble Utahraptors in size and build than they do Velociraptors which evolved ~50 million years later and thus could reasonably have much fewer or even no feathers at all.

That’s why I referred to the recent film, for which they should have known better. At any rate, even tyrannosaurs most likely had some (more primitive) feathers, and they had branched off long before.

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

Yes, and the novel and movies explained why the dinosaurs look like what we thought they looked like at the time rather than what they REALLY looked like. They were engineered to look like what we thought they looked like in the 90s. It was actually a pretty clever way of future proofing the franchise against scientific discovery. Even if we know they had feathers now it doesn’t matter because the dinosaurs were engineered to look like 90s dinosaurs, not to be accurate. Genetically engineered theme park monsters, not real dinosaurs.

The raptors were also not utahraptors but rather deinonychus’. Deinonychus is closer to the size depicted in the movies, though their movie counterparts were a tad larger still. Not as large as the utahraptor though, who was a man’s height at the hips where as the movie raptors came up to a man’s chest with their head up. Shoot, the book refers to them as velociraptor antirrhopus, the second part of the name actually being the full name of deinonychus antirrhopus. I guess they just felt velociraptor sounded cooler.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ravenna.5971

Ravenna.5971

What new pet type would u like to see? With pet type I mean Drakes (one type) Hounds (one type), Moas, birds, etc….. Its kind of boring to just get different looks of what we already have sometimes – unless they make a really cool skin.

• Griffons

i wanna see a pet mouse

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

• Griffons

i wanna see a pet mouse

They had pet rats in GW1.

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Quoted for truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Yes, to the previously mentioned Behemoths, Raptors. I think Wind Riders and Colocals would feel wrong in flavor, because they’re magical/mythical creatures, unlike current Wildlife pets.

also Barracuda that summons allies like the Hyena underwater, Giant Beetle or Giant Spotted Beetle, Vampire Bat that drains life, Sea Scorpion, Electric Fish, Triop.

And please please give pets baseline condition damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I had crabs once. I rate it about 4/10. It was ok.

in Ranger

Ehecatl.9172

Yes, to the previously mentioned Behemoths, Raptors. I think Wind Riders and Colocals would feel wrong in flavor, because they’re magical/mythical creatures, unlike current Wildlife pets.

also Barracuda that summons allies like the Hyena underwater, Giant Beetle or Giant Spotted Beetle, Vampire Bat that drains life, Sea Scorpion, Electric Fish, Triop.

I don’t quite understand how behemoths are not considered magical while colocals are. Or even the drakes we can tame now who shoot elemental attacks from their mouths.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

still want a blinding tank/power pet armadillo
rolls fast , high power , low crits , high toughness , low hp.
curls up to defend and blind on f2 for a channel duration as it rolls around in dust making a cloud of sand.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kel.6904

Kel.6904

Snakes!

They could be biters and spitters who poison or blind their victims!

They could constrict prey or slip away from attackers!

They could shed their skins to regenerate!

They could execute a wounded enemy by swallowing them whole!

And they could come in a multitude of colors, including a special rainbow flying snake Quetzalcoatl!

We need moar snakes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

Ehecatl.9172, you’re right. Drakes are magical and we have them, so I was wrong about that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

I don’t quite understand how behemoths are not considered magical while colocals are. Or even the drakes we can tame now who shoot elemental attacks from their mouths.

They are animals. As are griffons, raptors, and similar things. The reason they can do blatantly magical effects is because of how Tyria works, so “magical animal” is in no way something that can disqualify an animal as available to Rangers.

Meaning it’s just sloppy that we don’t have access to these things.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

I would like to see a pet dog poo. Except you have to move it around like revs do with ventari’s tablet. It could be an additional wolf skill, where the wolf has a poo and that poo then replaces the wolf with different passive conditions on enemies, most likely “torment” and “poison”. The passive boon of the poo to allies would probably be called “Love your own brand” and it would give the druid and allies regen and protection.

Oh yeah, and the activated poo skill would be where the Druid picks up the poo and throws it at enemies as a projectile, where it hits them in the face and knocks them back whilst poisoning them. While throwing the poo the Druid would shout “For not letting me in dungeon!!”.

(edited by Bryzy.2719)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I want a pet type that doesn’t die to zergs and aoe instantly and does at least jaguar level dps and can keep up with moving targets and cleaves on melee.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

I want Rock Dog, Griffin, Minotaur, Windrider and Grawl! ^o^

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I want a pet type that doesn’t die to zergs and aoe instantly and does at least jaguar level dps and can keep up with moving targets and cleaves on melee.

I think literally getting Tequatal as a pet is more likely…

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

a pet that lives