New Pets Please

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I would really like to see the introduction of new Ranger pets. We haven’t had any new ones since the Reef Drake. Did we get a new one with Dry Top that I missed? They’d be a valuable addition with the changes that are coming with pets in the Ranger update in September.It was always awesome to see what new ones were in the game in GW1 with the release of each new, stand alone game or EotN. It’s something that this game is severely lacking. New pets, please.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

i want a lion

die Gedanken sind frei

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

Rare pets are also fun. I don’t mean to compare games but back in WoW it was pretty fun trying to camp out to train a rare pet that would only spawn during a certain time. They can have unique skins opposed to the typical pets!

It would also be nice to see a large variety of pets with different skills:
-Crabs(reflect, stun)
-Destroyers(stabilization, fire shield)
-Insects(charge, rapid attack)
-Imps(meteor, fire field, summon imps)
-Ooze(pull, immobilize)
-Raptor(screech, fury)
-Skale(regen, daze)
-Skelk(teleport, ambush)
-Wind Riders(reflect, confusion ray)

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

(edited by panicbutton.1053)

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I still find ranger pets mostly useless punching bags of highly questionable usefulness. I’d like to see pets brought up to the point where they’re actually useful first. As it stands GW2 holds the mantle for worst implementation of a pet class ever.

downed state is bad for PVP

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: FrostSpectre.4198

FrostSpectre.4198

Well, I’d want melee spiders.

Especially since the Maguuma is quite the desert wasteland, Solifugae and Tarantulas could be possible.

Solifugae, “desert spiders”
Tarantula

I’m a casual PvE adventurer, I enjoy combat, adventure and helping, but not farming.
I rarely do PvP or Hard PvE, unless it’s organized.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

A beetle would be awsome!!! Have u seen them?

But a Griffon is still high on my wish list!

Then Dolphins for underwater

Kima & Co

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Phoenix as a rare/elite pet all the way. Dem firey particle effects

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Doom Riff.6871

Doom Riff.6871

Vulture raptor. Make it happen.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

After having the Menagerie in GW1 it’s hard not to be a little disappointed at the lack of Ranger support in all areas of GW2. Putting a version of “Rampage As One” in GW2 would help a lot too. Or a pet than can shadow step.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Llama with AoE stability on its F2.

… I still want tengu.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Lion and Lioness from elona pls ;P

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

in my opinion make Charming/taming a pet with any model of Beast ingame not just juvenile.

imagine the possibilities

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Zardul.3952

Give Beastmaster Rangers the ability to Summon Elite Pet models..
Raptors, beetle, Lion, Griffon
etc

make it a GM trait (Exotic Pets) and give all Exotic pets stronger skills and Mobility

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Zardul.3952

Could look something like this

Exotic Pets – You may take control of exotic creatures, exotic pets deal more damage and move 30% faster

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Plated Behemoth (wiki)
AoE Stability (8s) – 40s cooldown – 1/2s cast time (same as Brown Bear)

Green Moa
AoE Swiftness (15s) – 25s cooldown – 1s cast time (same as Red Moa)

Attachments:

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I bet our next pet is going to unique and be a Beetle, unless Anet takes the easier route and gives up the already mentioned behemoth or green moa.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Plated Behemoth (wiki)

Green Moa

They would help the Ranger’s usefulness in zerg movement/warfare, UNLESS they root when they cast like the god kitten jungle stalker -.-

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Plated Behemoth (wiki)

Green Moa

They would help the Ranger’s usefulness in zerg movement/warfare, UNLESS they root when they cast like the god kitten jungle stalker -.-

They all root in place when they cast. The cast time is what matters though. Brown Bear is excellent with only 0.5s cast time. Red Moa is pretty good too with only 1s cast time. Jungle Stalker however has 3s cast time. That’s 6 times longer than the Brown Bear. It’s just ridiculous for that pet.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

My counting may be off by 1 or 2, but…

GW1 pets: 33
GW2 pets: 45 (counting aquatic)

We actually have a lot more than GW1, and are not severely lacking in comparison. HOWEVER, I do agree, more pet skins. More variety, more of a mini-game inside pet taming, pets in general. many possibilities that GW1 had that GW2 can adopt.

Some are the Zaishene manageri (spelling!) and leveling pets.
Different colors of the same pet types – some possibilities are mini-quests to get rare colors.
For instance: Obtain Black Wolf – go through a mini-quest of moderate difficulty in the same manner as the hunt for the new back piece.
Obtain the Undead Eagle – ‘’ ’’ but in Orr.

(edited by Domino.1359)

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Raptors, please!

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Bryzy.2719

Plated Behemoth (wiki)

Green Moa

They all root in place when they cast. The cast time is what matters though. Brown Bear is excellent with only 0.5s cast time. Red Moa is pretty good too with only 1s cast time. Jungle Stalker however has 3s cast time. That’s 6 times longer than the Brown Bear. It’s just ridiculous for that pet.

Yeah sorry, length of time on the cast root is what I meant

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Crazyhog.6351

Crazyhog.6351

Would be great to get some new pets, this is for me even a main reason to play ranger.
Some rare, exotic pets would be awesome and not only being able to tame juveniles but be able to tame every animal you encounter…
Dont want to compare, but i loved the elite t-rex in wow

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Wouldn’t it better to improve on the dozen or so pets that are pointless rather than add new ones? Unless you mean cosmetic pets then yes please but otherwise, no need to add to the trash bin.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

New Pet:
A Dev (or Juvenile Game Developer).

• Every time you press F1, it will come up with excuses for why it cant do basic things pets can do in other games, like hit a moving target.
  • If you press F2, it would give a technical explanation as to why the F2 will take awhile.
  • The actual functionality of the Dev’s F2 will be to summon another temporary Dev on a very long cooldown. Because its possible to have two Devs at once, the base stats of the primary Dev will be nerfed into something useless.
  • F3 generates an excuse explaining why pets cant be made to survive in dungeons, wvw, or any party-situation in general. For example, “AoE damage reduction for pets in other games just wouldnt work in this game!” “We feel it would encourage pve players to suddenly begin abusing dungeon mechanics.”
  • Attempting to stow the pet will prompt excuses for why we have no damage compensation for stowing pets, and no spirit / aspect mechanic for game modes where pets are non viable (the vast majority of group endgame pve and wvw content).

Juvenile Dev’s will only be tamable in WvW. They will roam behind south camp sending angry tells to GvG’ers and duelists about how how pvp’ing in a pvp area disrupts “their game mode”.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Wouldn’t it better to improve on the dozen or so pets that are pointless rather than add new ones? Unless you mean cosmetic pets then yes please but otherwise, no need to add to the trash bin.

^ This

I’d even be willing to pay gems for new skins/models, but we hardly need more pets that will never see use. I mean, who bothers to use the reef drake over the marsh or river in serious play? I often forget it’s even there simply because it’s breath attack is so terrible. Same goes for the Arctodus and Murellow.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Rare pets are also fun. I don’t mean to compare games but back in WoW it was pretty fun trying to camp out to train a rare pet that would only spawn during a certain time. They can have unique skins opposed to the typical pets!

-Crabs(reflect, stun)
-Destroyers(stabilization, fire shield)
-Insects(charge, rapid attack)
-Imps(meteor, fire field, summon imps)
-Ooze(pull, immobilize)
-Raptor(screech, fury)
-Skale(regen, daze)
-Skelk(teleport, ambush)
-Wind Riders(reflect, confusion ray)

Absolutely! I still remember how much I loved my “ghostwolf” so annoying to tame that sucker, then later of course they had to ruin my fun by introducing a spirit beast with the same kitten skin wich sucked balls cause I was the only one left on my server with the wolf and I think there was only 3 of us to begin with that had one.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

The whole pet thing just kind of bummed me out when I made my ranger. Its a portion of my damage, (even now) many pets just don’t do anything exciting or powerful, and acquiring a pet (outside pvp) just requires me to walk up and be like “hey, I own you now. Wana join me on the shelf?”

I’d much prefer some sort of say in how much damage they are there for (i.e change BM to further their portion of our total dps instead of a stat increase while lowering the base percentage of dps they have), buff many pet skills while also removing F3 and F4 to allow us to use their other 2 skills (or leave them on A.I activation if you want to), and give us some quests to look for unique pets for cosmetic purposes but also have some pets function like legendary weapons in the sense that you can have skin X but use skill selection B instead of A.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: ying xiong.5967

ying xiong.5967

As a player who just recently got back in to GW2 after having left for a year and a half, I have to say I really am surprised with the lack of change. Some things I could understand, since things like new classes or weapons can disrupt the balance of the game, but at the very least, I would have expected adjustments to the pets.

There are pets I currently have that I would love to use, but they STILL are useless. I agree with the rest of you – it was exciting to be a beastmaster in GW1, especially when expansions came out, because there would always be new pets. What is so difficult for the GW2 dev team to adjust/add to the pet aspect of the ranger?

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Legendary pets please.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Plated Behemoth (wiki)

Green Moa

Did we ever find out why they removed the Golden Moa from Beta that had an AoE swiftness?

I think it was Golden.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

One of the things I enjoy most about the Guild Wars world is the strange wildlife. Kind of sad we can’t get access to more of it.

Behemoths, basilisks, raptors, griffins, minotaurs, skales, skelks, and trolls would be pretty awesome to have at my side.

Maybe add a Grandmaster trait in the Beastmastery line that lets you tame “legendary” pets while also improving pets in general in some way. I wouldn’t want the legendary pets to be inherently stronger than normal pets for those of us who want to use normal animals, but it’d be a pretty cool to be able to show off your mastery with a unique pet type.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

-Crabs(reflect, stun)

I would also like to see a crab pet, especially if it used the model either from GW1 (enhanced of course) or the special encounter one from Mount Maelstrom (I believe, it is a blue crab, not these puff ball brown snail shell things all over).

However I would like for it to have the ONE thing I think is missing most for a Ranger: Boon Stripping.

PBAoE (Point Blank Area of Effect) or very close range (30 units) call it Shell Shock, it does a brief shiver animation as an alert to foes then a quick spin and rips 2-3 boons from all in range.

/thread

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Basilisk – F2 = Turn your target to stone for 2seconds then immobilize them for 2seconds

(Amphibious) Skelk Lurker – F2 = Teleport to your target, deal additional damage if your target is below 50% health

Griffon – F2 = Swoop at your foe knocking them down and causing 3stacks of bleeding

Dolphin – F2 = Summon a second dolphin to aid you

Colocal – F2 = Maul your target, knocking them down and causing 3stacks of vulnerability

Raptor – F2 = Daze your target repeatedly in a cone (number of targets: 5)

Wasp – F2 = Frenzy, attacking your foe multiple times in quick succession

Wind Rider – F2 = Daze your target for 1second and cause 3stacks of confusion

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: vindictus sigilarum.9468

vindictus sigilarum.9468

Any chance of any new pets coming in the expansion? It’d be nice to get some fresh new choices!

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Any chance of any new pets coming in the expansion? It’d be nice to get some fresh new choices!

Nothing is confirmed but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t. They gave us a new pet in the Southsun release and that wasn’t even a full expansion.

Plus the area we’re going is going to have new fauna that we’ve never encountered before. New hylek sub-species, dinosaurs, and other creatures that inhabit the massive jungle they haven’t spoken about yet. At the very least I am expecting some new drake breed.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

You want more pets you’ll never use?

Do people really use moas and pigs and devourers? Or ravens/dogs outside pvp?

Because from this pve standpoint there’s only jaguar/stalker, drakes, and spiders.

New Pets Please

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’d love to see a Raptor with smoke field F2 and a Bat with an AOE Reveal F2.