New Pets on New bl Map?

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I’m a PvP and WvW player, and frankly I hate having to do a scavenger hunt in the PvE maps to have full access to my profession mechanic. I especially hate that pets are character bound instead of account bound meaning I have to make the run for them multiple times.

Will any of the new or old pets be included in the new WvW desert bl map? Could you just unlock all pets in WvW the same way you do in PvP?

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

But then core pve players would be forced into wvw for the pets.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

But then core pve players would be forced into wvw for the pets.

I’m pretty sure this is sarcasm but I feel the need to respond before someone latches on to this argument….

Every pet that can currently be found in WvW is also on the PvE maps, the new ones can work the same way.

Or they can just use the second suggestion and unlock all pets in WvW since it is a PvP game mode.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Every pet that can currently be found in WvW is also on the PvE maps, the new ones can work the same way.

I’m pretty sure wolves are only in WvW?

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I’m pretty sure wolves are only in WvW?

Am I crazy or weren’t you able to get it in the norn starting area (or possibly as a starter pet) when the game released? It’s been a few years but I’m almost positive my norn ranger had one from the get go.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Someone told me it was an alpine wolf. I didn’t even realize different races got difference starting pets since I’ve only ever made human rangers. :O

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Someone told me it was an alpine wolf. I didn’t even realize different races got difference starting pets since I’ve only ever made human rangers. :O

They’ve got that now but I’m pretty sure they used to have the regular wolf, I think the starter pets were changed around a couple years ago.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

They’ve got that now but I’m pretty sure they used to have the regular wolf, I think the starter pets were changed around a couple years ago.

Norn starter pets options have been Raven, Snow Leopard and Alpine Wolf since the earliest of betas lol they never got changed (except Humans who had Juvenile Jungle Stalker, replaced by River Drake)
The only place to get a Black Wolf is in EB

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Norn starter pets options have been Raven, Snow Leopard and Alpine Wolf since the earliest of betas lol they never got changed (except Humans who had Juvenile Jungle Stalker, replaced by River Drake)
The only place to get a Black Wolf is in EB

I’m not crazy http://gw2.mmorpg-life.com/wolf-ranger-pet/2493/
http://www.guildwars2-pets.com/guide/The_Complete_Guide_to_Ranger_Pets.html
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/45236-which-pet-to-choose-in-the-beginning-guide/

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

https://youtu.be/Bwkgus8TLdY?t=8m23s

its been alpine wolf since release. Not that it would truly have counted as pve capture.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Posted by: Aleksander Suburb.4287

Aleksander Suburb.4287

Ok, but the point is, that he wants to tame pets in wvw, too. I love PvE, but why not? It would be cool for wvw-only players.

Guild Wars balancing concept: Never change a ruined system!

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Ok, but the point is, that he wants to tame pets in wvw, too. I love PvE, but why not? It would be cool for wvw-only players.

I don’t know if these pets are core or HoT only. If the are core pets then the only place to cap them would be wvw. It’s the same scenario only reversed.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I don’t know if these pets are core or HoT only. If the are core pets then the only place to cap them would be wvw. It’s the same scenario only reversed.

You seem to be imposing some weird rule on this scenario that doesn’t need to be there at all.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I think he means WvW is the only area where everyone can get new pets, if they are available to people who didn’t buy HoT (since they can’t go into the jungle.) I could see the new pets being capped in the new BL.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I think he means WvW is the only area where everyone can get new pets, if they are available to people who didn’t buy HoT (since they can’t go into the jungle.) I could see the new pets being capped in the new BL.

If that’s a problem they could just activate all pets in WvW like they do in PvP.

PvE players can still RP as pokemon trainers and run around catching them on the PvE maps if they like.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

If that’s a problem they could just activate all pets in WvW like they do in PvP.

PvE players can still RP as pokemon trainers and run around catching them on the PvE maps if they like.

Or you could suck it up and run once into hot to cap a pet on a ranger or two. Its not like it’s going to be gated behind mordremoth completion and mastery tracks.

I play norn, OMG I got to go to asura land for jaguar! The humanity!

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Or you could suck it up and run once into hot to cap a pet on a ranger or two. Its not like it’s going to be gated behind mordremoth completion and mastery tracks.

I play norn, OMG I got to go to asura land for jaguar! The humanity!

Or you could not be an kitten . Thanks for stopping by.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Anet, I want to lvl from 2 to 80 in wvw but I want all my skills. Can you just give them to me for entering wvw. And traits to please.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Anet, I want to lvl from 2 to 80 in wvw but I want all my skills. Can you just give them to me for entering wvw. And traits to please.

So…. like it works in PvP? I agree, that would be a lot better than having a bunch of uplevels running around acting like rally bait.
Although it would take away the fun of leveling a ranger just for the purpose of killing people 1vX as an uplevelel.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Its open world pvp. It is not nor should be spvp. You are expected to put time into your character for excellent gear and build.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Its open world pvp. It is not nor should be spvp. You are expected to put time into your character for excellent gear and build.

Gear and build yes, profession mechanic no. Necro’s aren’t expected to run to 25 different maps to unlock death shroud skills. This would be a nice QoL improvement for WvW rangers, especially for the players with multiple rangers.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

You are not required to run to 25 maps to unlock 2 pets.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Gear and build yes, profession mechanic no. Necro’s aren’t expected to run to 25 different maps to unlock death shroud skills. This would be a nice QoL improvement for WvW rangers, especially for the players with multiple rangers.

Dude, you want everything to be handed out to you? Even WoW rangers looked for pets to train.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Dude, you want everything to be handed out to you? Even WoW rangers looked for pets to train.

Oh well, if WoW does it then nevermind….
And really… everything handed to me? Rangers having full access to their profession mechanic in a PvP gamemode without jumping through a bunch of unnecessary hoops is me wanting everything handed to me? Okay then.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

And really… everything handed to me? Rangers having full access to their profession mechanic in a PvP gamemode without jumping through a bunch of unnecessary hoops is me wanting everything handed to me? Okay then.

It’s a pvp gamemode that you bring your pve character to.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I’ve got multiple character, including several rangers that fully leveled to 80 in WvW with the exception of the tutorial, and in the rangers case the time spent playing a running simulator to gather pets.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I’ve got multiple character, including several rangers that fully leveled to 80 in WvW with the exception of the tutorial, and in the rangers case the time spent playing a running simulator to gather pets.

Awe man, and they gonna make you spend 15min to gather the new ones? Rediculous!

I cannot believe you are this easily trolled. There is a 99% chance the new pets are going into wvw so core players can pick them up.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Awe man, and they gonna make you spend 15min to gather the new ones? Rediculous!

I cannot believe you are this easily trolled. There is a 99% chance the new pets are going into wvw so core players can pick them up.

99%? You have a lot more faith in them than I do. I’d say 20% tops.

New Pets on New bl Map?

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Anyone find any yet?