(New) Ranger Bug-list

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Created 20013-07-04.

Post the Ranger Bugs here, and DELETE them whenever something is fixed….. By doing so we can keep this list up to date and manageble for the A-net team.

Kima & Co

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Good idea, we could really use an updated version.

My list (will update as I notice more)
- Shortbow doesn’t receive full benefits from quickness. This has been the case ever since the “animation fix” that reduced its attack speed, and ironically caused this bug.
- The icon of winters bite on your pet incorrectly states it does 150% damage on its next attack when it should say causes weakness for 10 seconds on the next attack.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

well its not important because this pets and this trait are crap
but stability training dont give my pets stability when i swap them.
in german description it sounds like, the pet i switch away becomes the stability, but that whould be totaly useless then :P

the shorbow can shoot more distance when i press the 1 button all the time.
but dont fix that pls, so i have good old range…

river drake shoot most time in wrong way when im not command him with f3 and f1 all the time. he should auto shoot in the way the target is staying/running?

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Elusive.3065

Elusive.3065

ranger signet passives don’t apply when entering an ongoing sPvP match

the signets must be swapped out and back or activated for them to finaly work

this only happens on the first match when entering the server

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

—The Keen Edge trait (under MM) doesn’t work with attacks that also bleed (like splitblade or crippling talon)
—Line of sight bugs causing “Obstructed” for range weapons when there is clearly no object in the way. I can post screen shots, as could most members of the ranger community

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Moment of clarity does not apply to the bone or the rock dropped by the boar pet.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

- Evasive Purity is broken. It removes neither blind nor poison. (Nature Magic trait)

- Search & Rescue goes on full cooldown even if there is no target to revive, or the target is out of range, or the pet is downed. (shout utility skill)

(edited by Holland.9351)

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

The increased recharge on Counterattack (GS4) was in the patch notes but not actually implemented.

Yes I’m calling out for a nerf here, if Anet is to make the class unattractive, they might just aswell break it altogether.

They increased the recharge on Counterstrike, our spear #4. Looks like someone needs to brush up on their ranger skills.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Rawthorne.8675

Rawthorne.8675

I believe our axe pull will not oh idk actually pull people off of towers and such (it works on the y axis rather then the z axis) from what I have read.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I’ve been experiencing a few strange things against them in PvP.

Since the last update, I’ve seen them deal knockbacks with Point Blank Shot 3 times within less than 20 seconds. There was no one else around, and I saw no animations from any other skills. There were not knockdownds, or stuns, only knockbacks. They were all attacks from a longbow. So it must have been Point Blank Shot.

I’ve also seen them become invulnerable for at least 5 seconds while downed, even when their pet is dead. I haven’t seen any other profession becoming invulnerable like that.
It’s still possible to Finish them when that happens, though, if nothing interrupts you and the pet doesn’t revive them before.

I can’t think of any trait and skill combination or pet skill that would allow any of that.

Edit: In at least on occasion it looked like they get the Invulnerable effect instead the Downed one. With the other professions, you see them getting both “Downed” and “Invulnerable” when downed, and lose Invulnerable right away.
With this last case, he also get both when downed, but then he lost downed instead invulnerable.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

The increased recharge on Counterattack (GS4) was in the patch notes but not actually implemented.

Yes I’m calling out for a nerf here, if Anet is to make the class unattractive, they might just aswell break it altogether.

They increased the recharge on Counterstrike, our spear #4. Looks like someone needs to brush up on their ranger skills.

You’re right. My bad; I mistook Counterstrike for Counterattack as I never really thought the spear block was anywhere near OP. The GS however…

I’ll delete my original post to reflect this. (And yes I do need to polish up on my ranger skills; it was my main until the latest patch, that’s when I gave him up for a lvl 2 mesmer. Rangers make for great bank alts, though!)

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

(edited by JorneMormel.9850)

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Zi Yang.5387

Zi Yang.5387

The return part of path of scar is unpredictable.
Sometime it will hit multiple times and pull the all 1200 range(although it’s multiple hit the damage seems divided)
Another problem is it will fly off cliff and never return.
Though the latter one is a problem of all boomerang kind skills.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Vermillion.1429

Vermillion.1429

Crippling Talon range is bugged, with off hand training it states it is 1200 range.

However, upon testing, it is not even 850 range. I am tempted to say its 800 range, and this is a huge deal in WvW and PvP when a long range cripple does not work.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Undean.9704

Undean.9704

The hyena pet currently only has 824 power at 0 BM, while all other dogs have 1718 power at 0 BM.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

The hyena pet currently only has 824 power at 0 BM, while all other dogs have 1718 power at 0 BM.

they probably do that because you get 2 of them with the f2 ability…and god forbid something actually be effective… hehe

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Aphoticrain.8420

Aphoticrain.8420

they probably do that because you get 2 of them with the f2 ability…and god forbid something actually be effective… hehe

“Hyenas share stats with other canines, except for having half the power, balancing the fact that they are the only pet to be able to summon another of its own kind.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Juvenile_Hyena

Not a bug.

FA | [Corp],[FARM]| Ranger- Clockwork Vixen
Give a man a fire and he’s warm for a day, but set a man on fire . . .

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Elusive.3065

feline pet f2 will pounce in the direction its facing (miss)
when activating it right after switching pets

not towards the enemy target

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Elusive.3065

every single pet pauses for about 1-3 seconds after switching
before deciding to attack the enemy target

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Elusive.3065

pet f2 does not activate on command if you are running in combat with no target…sometimes

and the ability will go on semi-cooldown if spammed since it won’t activate

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Elusive.3065

Alpine Wolf pet f2
Chilling howl : 4 seconds of chill

Only applies a 2 second chill

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

Sic ’Em gets removed after pet uses F2 ability

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadowulph.4586

Shadowulph.4586

Anyone else using Master’s Bond & not have it actually work! No icon shows up for the stacks, it should be a max of 25 but I get nothing.

(edited by Shadowulph.4586)

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

lick wounds still fails me at times when there is an elevation difference between me and my pet (such as me being on a slanted hill)

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

well its not important because this pets and this trait are crap
but stability training dont give my pets stability when i swap them.
in german description it sounds like, the pet i switch away becomes the stability, but that whould be totaly useless then :P

the shorbow can shoot more distance when i press the 1 button all the time.
but dont fix that pls, so i have good old range…

river drake shoot most time in wrong way when im not command him with f3 and f1 all the time. he should auto shoot in the way the target is staying/running?

Lol that’s just anet’s awful tooltips. A pet swap is called “swap”. A “disable” is stun, daze, knockback, fear…did I get them all? So ya, what happens is in the zerg, with the buff to stability training, a bear can actually get off it’s channel. It ignores the CC and gets 3 sec stability making this a preferred trait for zerging with bears.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Confirmed…why is there an aftercast on swaps?

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Frostfang, if you are willing to take the lead on managing this thread, keeping it up to date, etc, please sign up to he stickied…they talk about that here

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/thief/Guide-to-Thief-Guides/page/3#post2187591

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

torch 4 seems bugged. it seems that it interrupts itself somehow and goes on the interrupt cd, and other times it goes on the full cd but no burning has been applied and there is no torch throwing animation

doesnt happen every time but often enough to notice it

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

Confirmed…why is there an aftercast on swaps?

I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. After all, anet doesn’t want us to have competent AI companions.

Over correcting to make up for how good GW1 heroes were I suppose.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: JorneMormel.9850

JorneMormel.9850

Anyone else using Master’s Bond & not have it actually work! No icon shows up for the stacks, it should be a max of 25 but I get nothing.

The stacks show up on your pet, not yourself.

I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. After all, anet doesn’t want us to have competent AI companions.

Over correcting to make up for how good GW1 heroes were I suppose.

Remember how good GW1 heroes were if you tried to make them fight in close combat (melee…) if anything they haven’t improved since.

The Ranger’s Spirit of Frost has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds stated in the tooltip, which isn’t actually ingame.

A Jaguar’s F2 stealth doesn’t break on attacking, it’s the only stealth in the game that doesn’t, so I’m not sure if it’s a bug or working as intended.

Mysterious Old Geek
Co-founder of Flying Pink Unicorns [PWNY], Ring of Fire

(edited by JorneMormel.9850)

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

The Expertise Training trait does not update the condition damage stat on the pet management window, making it appear the trait does nothing.

You also do not see damage numbers from conditions inflicted by your pets, which I’m quite sure is a recent change and makes it all the harder to confirm whether or not Expertise Training even works.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Malicious training does not affect lynx afaik, malicious training may be broken

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: raGingIMP.8496

raGingIMP.8496

I believe our axe pull will not oh idk actually pull people off of towers and such (it works on the y axis rather then the z axis) from what I have read.

To add more to this as this is something major I think needs fixing soon.

Currently the projectile only moves in the x/y directions it stays at a constant height from the ground, what this means is:

1) This skill can’t be used on anyone higher than you, the projectile doesn’t go up.

2) If you are on a ledge and throw it, it will trace ground height so if it goes off the ledge it instantly sinks to the ground below and trace from there, this means you can’t throw path of scars across a gap between two ledges.

The pull itself is working but the attack itself is not acting correctly as every other projectile in the game making it unusable on anything but flat level ground.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

torch 4 seems bugged. it seems that it interrupts itself somehow and goes on the interrupt cd, and other times it goes on the full cd but no burning has been applied and there is no torch throwing animation

That could be happening if you try to use it while your back is to your target. A lot of warrior moves do that, and it’s a great way to throw off any move set combo you were building up.

I’ve been getting tons more ‘obstructed’ problems recently with axe and longbow when there’s nothing that would obstruct the projectiles.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Zi Yang.5387

Zi Yang.5387

When mob is push to the wall (usually by mesmer) , the foe will become invulnerable to me while I’m using 1h sword.
A very frustrating bug.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: rpfohr.7048

rpfohr.7048

When spotter is activated, the icon that appears above your 6-10 skills still reads 70 instead of the new 150

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

That could be happening if you try to use it while your back is to your target. A lot of warrior moves do that, and it’s a great way to throw off any move set combo you were building up.

I’ve been getting tons more ‘obstructed’ problems recently with axe and longbow when there’s nothing that would obstruct the projectiles.

i thought about that too, but i’m pretty good about facing target usually and i dont notice it happening on any other skills (dagger 5 for example). also not sure why it randomly seems to give me either the interrupt cd or the full skill use cd

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

- Longbow autoattack only works till about 1300 range, after that you must manually spam the skill button
- Entangle doesnt bind people properly if the enemy target is moving (even if you are right next to them)
- Devourers/Spiders randomly teleport ontop of castle walls in WvW, but they do not do any damage/F2 skills doesnt work
- Signet of Renewal (active) doesnt always work
- Spear #5 animation does not always trigger along with the Immobilize condition. Damage is still there.
- Devourer skill set does not properly display at surface. Underwater skills are not properly displayed, instead they show as surface skills.
- Shark, Armor Fish, Jellyfish F2 skills does not show when hovering over the icons while at surface.
- Longbow #3 and 4 does not always trigger “Projectile Finisher” when fired through/within a field
- Longbow #4 seems to have less range then normal LB attacks, uncertain if this is intended or not (traited LB 1500, KB shot is 1200 max)
- Longbow #5 Barrage does not work with Spirit of Frost (damage bonus does not apply properly)

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

- Signet of Renewal (active) doesnt always work

Signet of renewal has several stipulations. Your pet must be alive, and within 600 range of you. Otherwise it will not affect you.

- Longbow #4 seems to have less range then normal LB attacks, uncertain if this is intended or not (traited LB 1500, KB shot is 1200 max)

Point Blank Shot has a range of 600 (750 traited). This is intended.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Tsohg.1798

Tsohg.1798

Pig pets can forage an egg, which gives my ranger 3 initiative.

See that hill? Thats where i’ll be, raining hell upon you.

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

Malicious training does not affect lynx afaik, malicious training may be broken

It doesn’t seem to affect wolf and dog CCs either. :/

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

(New) Ranger Bug-list

in Ranger

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

ranger rez spirit dont rez sometimes in pvp-.-
i think its because trait spirits unbound.

if i run without this trait with my bm ranger i can summon spirit fast and rez fast
if i run spirit master ranger i summon spirit fast, it moves a bit, in this time i press rez rly fast and nothing happen, but rez is on full cooldown Oo

thats rly bad, when i whant rez my team mates atm…

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus