in Ranger

Posted by: Amaya.1483

Amaya.1483

Traits : http://i.imgur.com/XzDV2tU.jpg

Weapons : GS, Staff

Amulet : Crusader – http://i.imgur.com/SDiYGBL.jpg

Runes : Superior Rune of the Herald – http://i.imgur.com/pwouLYE.jpg

Utility Skills : http://i.imgur.com/2qGkYx2.jpg
“We heal as One” Glyph of Equality, Signet of Stone, Glyph of Tides “Strengh of the Pack”

Pets : Smokescale (Burst, Stealth), Bristleback (Burst) , Wolf (Fear), Tiger (Fury uptime)

This Build works against any kind of Opponent you will be facing. Gl hf

New Ranger Build, post Cele removal

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Melts against condi Revenants. In a blink of an eye.

It’s a variation of the standard Crusader build. For a reason, it doesn’t use MoC and Marksmanship traitline but more defensive NM.
Which means loosing a lot of hidden team-play potential. You can’t be as powerful asset to teamfights with this build as you could have been. And for 1v1, there are better builds I dare to say.

This setup capitalizes on roaming, locking your target down and quickly bursting it – then rotating elsewhere.
For that, Remorseless, Moment of Clarity and opening strikes are like bread and butter.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Amaya.1483

Good thing i don’t have to agree

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I wonder how protect me is gonna work and what the CD will be. Furthermore, depending on the prevalence of necromancers and whether or not the boon corrupt on scepter auto 3 goes through, boon spamming might become a liability and not an advantage.

I am actually thinking a similar build but with Protect me instead of SoS due to a lower CD and added stun break.

Also, taking one of the new amulets and the Trooper rune. SnR as a major adept in NM all the way thugh, the extra 1% per boon damage is worthless for a defensive build.

in Ranger

Amaya.1483

I would use Instinctive Reaction or Allies’ Aid also. I barely use the 1% dmg boost tbh, it was just a coincidence that it was on that picture. Sorry for that. I don’t like the trooper rune so far, because i wanted to have the boon duration for perma swiftness and the protection. Its kind of a Bunker hybrid build. Atleast that is how iam playing it.

It has massive condi removal, endless armor and heals for the team. Condi removal goes also for the team so yeah, pretty good from what i have experienced and i can actually kill someone alone, which i personally really, really, really want.

(edited by Amaya.1483)

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Your build is going over the top with thoughness stacking, remember that after 3k armor ,the damage reduction values suffer big “diminishing returns”. Also celec amulet used to give this build the extra vitality needed to fight condis(glyphs builds already were weaker vs condis compared to survival druid builds, and now necros got tons more boon corruptions). I think my adjsments will help your build to face the upcoming meta.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWRnUqAVsilsC2CCctglOB7pFMAWYwr0Z6O1JwFAKcl8s0A-TpBGABdXG4gjAQQ7PAwDAggDBQaXAAA

Chnged heraled rune to trooper rune and SoS to "protect me. this setup will balance abit the toughness-vitality ratio while mintaining the extra protection(instad of heraled from protect me) and giving you extra 3 aoe condi removlas and aoe stun break. The taunt from protect me will help alot vs the upcoming thives burst.

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

Well, as far as PvP is concerned, you really do not need permanent swiftness self stacking. There are allies who will stack it at the start and team fights are hectic so you are bound to get some from a team mate.

In my case, as I would probably take PM instead of SoS, that would mean 4 shouts with one on a pretty low CD. coupled with Druidic clarity and traited glyphs it would mean more then sufficient condition removal, something that we are sorely lacking at the moment.

I would probably replace GS with Sword/XX if I am not taking MM. Otherwise the burst damage is non existent.

in Ranger

Amaya.1483

Depending on how good Protect me turns out to be, I think the substitude of Herald Rune with Soldiers is quite nice. So far its also nice to use Signet of Renewal.

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Honestly nothing much will change for the meta build unless the upcoming reworks open up new possibilities.

Just switch your amulet to the new Mender’s stat combo (Power/Healing Power + Vitality/Precision), switch runes to Herald runes and you pretty much have the exact same thing.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Ranger

Chokolata.1870

It is not the same thing though. You cant play Sword/torch instead of GS.

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

It is not the same thing though. You cant play Sword/torch instead of GS.

Yeah torch offhand obviously won’t work well without condi damage, dagger is a good substitute if you prefer mainhand sword over greatsword.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: rummy.4102

rummy.4102

Dagger should be a better choice actually because dagger 4 is an evade no? I’ve also used double staff with the weapon swap = stun druid trait….its pretty cool….right now anyways.

Guildlord of [Top] (Gate of Madness)

If you don’t get it right the first time, keep on sucking until you do!

in Ranger

Amaya.1483

GS → EVERYTHING EVER, (maybe until Great Axe comes)