New Ranger Direct Damage/Regen

in Ranger

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Hey guys,

I don’t frequent the ranger forums that often because, well I always thought this class needed some serious tuning before I played it and now I regret ever leveling my thief to 80 before a ranger. Anyways! I saw Faux and Furajir’s youtube videos at work on my 12 hour shift and thought…WTF?! Rangers can melee?! They are condition/healing power builds so I thought there had to be a way to incorporate more direct damage. This is what I came up with and sorry for the wall of text ahead of time. Let me know what you think before I go down this path. Cheers!

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|1.1k.h1|c.1k.h1.8.1k.h1j|1k.7o.1g.7o.1k.71g.1g.71g.1k.71h.1g.71h|1g.67.1k.67.1k.67.1a.67.1a.67.8a.67|0.a4.u48b.u36c.0|39.7|4j.4r.4o.4w.55|e

Troll Unguent heals for 941/s

SoTW ticks for 104/s

Harmonic Cry – 3,392 AoE heal (40 sec cd)

Regen:
93% regen duration increased.

Regen ticks for 218/s

9.5 seconds from Oakheart Salve (20 sec cd), 9.5 seconds at 75% health, 19 seconds from pet regen (25 sec cd)

Prot:
80% protection duration increased

7.25(40 sec cd) seconds from Blue Moa, 3.5 seconds from dodge roll, 9 seconds (30 sec cd) from being crit.

Vigor:
Lightning Reflexes 16 second (40 sec cd), Primal Reflexes 8 seconds (15 cd), 8 seconds on using heal spell, and 50% natural endurance regen (1 dodge every 6.67 seconds), sigil of energy.

Swiftness:
8 seconds on weapon swap (9 sec cd), 32 second on Rampage as One (2min cd)

Fury:
32 second with Rampage as One

Stability:
32 seconds with Rampage as One

Food:
Curry Butternut Squash and Master Maintenance Oils.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Heads up, you only get 10s regen from pet. I’m not sure if that applies to moa too though (boon duration only applying base duration).

Otherwise looks like an interesting boon build.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Ive been rocking a DD/Regen/BM double bow build for a while

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Heads up, you only get 10s regen from pet. I’m not sure if that applies to moa too though (boon duration only applying base duration).

Otherwise looks like an interesting boon build.

Ah thanks, I was using gw2skills.net to check out the pet’s abilities.

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Ive been rocking a DD/Regen/BM double bow build for a while

Not much of a fan of range classes which is why I am going melee.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think you’ll find the DPS loss of using a moa over a cat or raven won’t be worth the protection and healing the moa’s provide (moas don’t hit very hard). I also seriously doubt the 30 points in nature magic over beast mastery (evasive purity was gutted during the beta and empathic bond is much better, you probably won’t need both).

The BM tree is so popular because it buffs your pets as well as giving you both passive healing with the grand master trait (a core part of most bunker ranger builds). A lot of the damage the tanky rangers do isn’t actually the ranger himself (which is why you see so many videos full of evades, blocks and running) it’s the hits the pet gets in while the ranger either soaks damage or dodges all around. Another reason conditions are run in these builds is because the 30 point trait empathic bond (passive condition transfers to the pet) means you get 300 condition damage to boost their effectiveness whereas the power line isn’t being used at all.

I’m not a pro PvP ranger, but in your direct damage build you have very little power and for your regen you have very little healing power. Your pet DPS will also be unreliable because you have no points in BM and aren’t using a DPS pet.

I might be underestimating the value of the boons you get with nature magic but I suspect your build would fair better with 30 points in BM instead and bringing a jaguar (their F2 skill hits very hard and stealths them so unlike most pets, it will be a little harder to dodge). Harder hitting pets, tankier pets and more passive healing for you both to add to your regen.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

Raven/Owl for the Vigor/DPS/Blindness/Chill combo is a good offense/defense combo would mesh well I think with what you are doing.