New Traits

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Did anyone get a glimpse of the new traits, or any youtuber. I can’t seem to find any youtuber who had early access share what they could be.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

He specifically opens that video with “turn this off if you’re a ranger, I don’t care about rangers and didn’t look at the elite spec with my time.”

Am I missing something?

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

He specifically opens that video with “turn this off if you’re a ranger, I don’t care about rangers and didn’t look at the elite spec with my time.”

Am I missing something?

When did he say that?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

New Traits

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Am I missing something?

I immediately skipped some of the beginning when searching the 3hr video and yeah, nothing on Ranger found….

Sorry for the bum steer.

New Traits

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Am I missing something?

When did he say that?

6:45

“I did play some elite specs, but not all of them, so any ranger fans… you guys may as well just leave now.”

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

yep i saw the woodenpotatos video and no talk of ranger sadly because he do talk in depth about the few specializations he shows. Scourge look powerful with lot of boon hate and condi, spellbreaker again lot of boon hate, i think most are aimed to wvw and pvp in which boons have been dominating. The specializations look good and useful, sadly the few i have seen of soulbeast doesn’t look that impressive. Again i think no one show soulbeast because rangers, as always, have been thrown under the bus. I want to see a detailed soulbeast video but my hopes have been dying down. Seen all the others specializations soulbeast have nothing special really, the damage must be amazing or something because as of now its probably the worse of them all.

New Traits

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Again i think no one show soulbeast because rangers, as always, have been thrown under the bus. I want to see a detailed soulbeast video but my hopes have been dying down. Seen all the others specializations soulbeast have nothing special really, the damage must be amazing or something because as of now its probably the worse of them all.

That was 100% the impression I got from the amount of time they spent on it in the announcement. It felt like… I don’t know, Ventari at HoT launch or something, just something no one knew what to do with and was utterly awful so let’s not focus too much on it. No news is bad news when you’re trying to sell a product!

“Hey no pets anymore, pet class! Lol!!! Now on to Mirage!”

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Am I missing something?

When did he say that?

6:45

“I did play some elite specs, but not all of them, so any ranger fans… you guys may as well just leave now.”

Aw ok, thanks Fluff.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Scourge look powerful with lot of boon hate and condi, spellbreaker again lot of boon hate, i think most are aimed to wvw and pvp in which boons have been dominating. The specializations look good and useful, sadly the few i have seen of soulbeast doesn’t look that impressive.

Undesirability in WvW intensifies.

Does Anet really think that folding the pet into the ranger is going to make us wanted in WvW when all we can do is put out some piddly bleeding to 2 targets and laughable buffs like 3 seconds of resistance every 40s?

Even thieves will be useful in guild groups with their pin snipe abilities. Ranger is just gonna have another 2 years of being the class you main if you want to get laughed at when trying to join a serious WvW guild.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

New Traits

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

Again i think no one show soulbeast because rangers, as always, have been thrown under the bus. I want to see a detailed soulbeast video but my hopes have been dying down. Seen all the others specializations soulbeast have nothing special really, the damage must be amazing or something because as of now its probably the worse of them all.

That was 100% the impression I got from the amount of time they spent on it in the announcement. It felt like… I don’t know, Ventari at HoT launch or something, just something no one knew what to do with and was utterly awful so let’s not focus too much on it. No news is bad news when you’re trying to sell a product!

“Hey no pets anymore, pet class! Lol!!! Now on to Mirage!”

yea, is sad. When you see spellbreaker, elementalist, scourge and their traits, abilities is all a game changer. I do hope it turns out good, ranger is my main and the druid its just not for me really, I am not into healing and i hate the staff. Seen dagger main hand is also a condi weapon is another meeeh, not a big fan of condis. I dont know, knowing anet history with rangers it will be at best half good, not keeping my hopes up.

Ranger/soulbeast dagger dagger would seem like a nice pair of weapons but that horrible #5 skill on dagger off hand is so garbage, a waste. Ranger other than the specialization need many changes, as always IMO.

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

https://youtu.be/nqj-yOPEudA?t=2120

One of the GM traits literally gives you a second life if you’re in beastmode when you get downed. looks like an incredibly powerful elite spec overall. as per usual ANet antics, there will be no reason to roll with any GM other than Eternal Bond in pvp. maybe that stance sharing one in wvw.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

New Traits

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

Scourge look powerful with lot of boon hate and condi, spellbreaker again lot of boon hate, i think most are aimed to wvw and pvp in which boons have been dominating. The specializations look good and useful, sadly the few i have seen of soulbeast doesn’t look that impressive.

Does Anet really think that folding the pet into the ranger is going to make us wanted in WvW when all we can do is put out some piddly bleeding to 2 targets and laughable buffs like 3 seconds of resistance every 40s?

Even thieves will be useful in guild groups with their pin snipe abilities. Ranger is just gonna have another 2 years of being the class you main if you want to get laughed at when trying to join a serious WvW guild.

the only good thing about all this is in zerg fights your useless pet you can now put it away/merge with it and not die been total useless. Now you can at least (hopefully) get some bonus depending on pet, better than having it die with any aoe that hits it. Other than that, the specialization looks underwhelming compare to the others, not even close. Hope i am wrong.

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

. Ranger is just gonna have another 2 years of being the class you main if you want to get laughed at when trying to join a serious WvW guild.

you should probably have a closer look at some of the stances, traits, and animal weapon skills. you’ll definitely be able to zerg around with the Soulbeast spec.

New Traits

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

One of the GM traits literally gives you a second life if you’re in beastmode when you get downed. looks like an incredibly powerful elite spec overall. as per usual ANet antics, there will be no reason to roll with any GM other than Eternal Bond in pvp.

That’s tough to judge. Is that GM better than having access to CA? It’s basically just a second, weak heal at an opportune time. Need to check out the rest of that video assuming she scrolls over the other traits. Edit: She does not.

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I hope Mistism is right but eternal bond has a unique per game mode tag. Even though those skills were captured in the pvp lobby I’m dubious that its representative of the pvp gm at launch. I hope so as every thing else looks lackluster in comparison to the other specs we seen details on.

New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

the only good thing about all this is in zerg fights your useless pet you can now put it away/merge with it and not die been total useless. Now you can at least (hopefully) get some bonus depending on pet, better than having it die with any aoe that hits it. Other than that, the specialization looks underwhelming compare to the others, not even close. Hope i am wrong.

Not losing functionality in a fight bigger than 10v10 will be nice but our current weapons aren’t exactly the stuff of legend in big fights and the new dagger looks incredibly bad in a big fight, more single target, “victory via small cuts and survival” stuff that we’ve always had. Not exactly breaking new ground.

Hopefully things are either not as bad as they seem or can change but right now the only thing that has me hyped is the new maps and the mounts. The fact that Anet couldn’t even devote energy to hyping Soulbeast really makes me think I shouldn’t either.

New Traits

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

Not losing functionality in a fight bigger than 10v10 will be nice but our current weapons aren’t exactly the stuff of legend in big fights and the new dagger looks incredibly bad in a big fight, more single target, “victory via small cuts and survival” stuff that we’ve always had. Not exactly breaking new ground.

Hopefully things are either not as bad as they seem or can change but right now the only thing that has me hyped is the new maps and the mounts. The fact that Anet couldn’t even devote energy to hyping Soulbeast really makes me think I shouldn’t either.

yea i mean the expansion looks great and for the price honestly i was expecting it costing higher lol, really good. About soulbeast well not keeping my hopes up, by the looks of it anet is trying to hide the specialization, like if is not proud of it and with the 5 year history of rangers been the kittens sons of GW2, dont expect any better. JUst forget the ranger, play other classes and be happy i suppose.

New Traits

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

One of the GM traits literally gives you a second life if you’re in beastmode when you get downed. looks like an incredibly powerful elite spec overall. as per usual ANet antics, there will be no reason to roll with any GM other than Eternal Bond in pvp. maybe that stance sharing one in wvw.

That trait looks good, until you compare it to Dead or Alive on Berzerker.

Also, the Leader of the Pack one, while stance sharing would be awesome, it’s only for half duration, so that’s only 3s….

Oppressive superiorority better be a health % otherwise it is going to also be near useless.

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I hope you’re kidding.

And it is NOT a “second life.” It’s a measly -not even 4k- heal on a 90 second cooldown.

It would be one of the worst grandmaster traits in the game if it stays like that.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

New Traits

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Also, the Leader of the Pack one, while stance sharing would be awesome, it’s only for half duration, so that’s only 3s….

Oppressive superiorority better be a health % otherwise it is going to also be near useless.

Spot on.

New Traits

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I hope you’re kidding.

And it is NOT a “second life.” It’s a measly -not even 4k- heal on a 90 second cooldown.

It would be one of the worst grandmaster traits in the game if it stays like that.

You could use it with MDG……………………………………………..

New Traits

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I hope you’re kidding.

Oh you’re right. Top it off with Predator’s Instinct and I think we’ve got a new meta build! :P

New Traits

in Ranger

NemesiS.6749

I hope you’re kidding.

Oh you’re right. Top it off with Predator’s Instinct and I think we’ve got a new meta build! :P

are you on drugs? Predator instinct applies when the opponent is low, not you. So doesnt work.

New Traits

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Less health, 3x the cooldown, and takes up a grandmaster slot in exchange for 3 seconds of protection.

Why does Anet do this to us? This can’t be on accident anymore.

Attachments:

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Oppressive superiority as well as the stance one look good. As for the 3 second duration on the stance one. Some of the stances are pretty kitten nice. Like the dolyak one for getting yourself and allies out of a lock? Or to get guaranteed crits +might/poison on what your hitting?

The comboes are there. Im looking forward to playing with them.

Also keep in mind there not done. Odds are the numbers will be tweaked a bit more before release based on our feedback.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

New Traits

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I hope you’re kidding.

are you on drugs? Predator instinct applies when the opponent is low, not you. So doesnt work.

I was being sarcastic lol

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Bro that does 1900 and some change damage that’s pretty gkitten strong, imagine triggering remorless and moment of clarity with that, , thanks mim

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

New Traits

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

That GM is complete garbage compared to druid CA, we need the other traits to even have a conversation. Anything else is a waste of time.

If Soulbeast does like 100 times more damage then ok. But we don’t know that.

New Traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Kousetsu.5391

Kousetsu.5391

Honestly, looks like an improved condi ranger for pve with an off chance that condi builds become playable in pvp/wvw(roaming).