New healing skill

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Kind of reminds me of engineer healing turret.

Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies.

Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy.

-Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.

-Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.

-A.E.D.: Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated. Static Shock: Use your A.E.D. to stun an enemy.

-Arcane Brilliance: Arcane. Blast the target area, hitting foes with critical damage and healing yourself. Healing effectiveness is increased per target hit.

-Skelk Venom: Venom. Your next few attacks heal you.

-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

(edited by AEFA.9035)

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Ooooh! Where was this posted?

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

they are giving ranger a different way to support, which is good, I think…

we’ll see how it works.

New healing skill

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Ooooh! Where was this posted?

originally from reddit, taken from .dat files in game

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: lightning.8039

lightning.8039

My biggest hope for the water spirit is that it doesn’t go away after a certain time like the spirits do now. Because you could be using it in a fight and it randomly goes away and then boom there goes the big heal

iheartlightning (ranger) DnT
“…but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
-Benjamin Franklin

New healing skill

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

My biggest hope for the water spirit is that it doesn’t go away after a certain time like the spirits do now. Because you could be using it in a fight and it randomly goes away and then boom there goes the big heal

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23665-water-spirit

Its showing the scale at level 1, that is not level 80.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Veron.8645

Veron.8645

Several things concern me a little:

• Is the water spirit subject to the 1 sec cooldown on the active skill after summoning that they added in the last patch? I can imagine that situations where you need a heal, put down a water spirit, and die before that you can heal yourself.
  • Is there a range on the personal heal on the active skill? What if you place the spirit, run out of range, and then try to heal yourself?
  • What if you’re in a mobile fight or moving quickly through a dungeon? Would you have to wait for the spirit to run out before you can cast a new one?
  • What happens if the spirit gets nuked? Or if the spirit just runs out in a long fight like lightning said? Are you just SOL? Would you not get a heal upon spirit death unless it’s traited?
Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

(edited by Veron.8645)

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: lightning.8039

lightning.8039

They are moving spirits unbound to Master so the mobility shouldn’t be too bad if you have that

iheartlightning (ranger) DnT
“…but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
-Benjamin Franklin

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I really hope there’s more to the 10th patch than they’ve said. As it stands, Spirits just aren’t that effective in WvW so adding another one is kind of a let down. On the flip side, this is pretty good for PvE and PvP and almost the whole patch on the 10th revolves around spirit builds so who knows. Wait and see I guess.

New healing skill

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Several things concern me a little:

• Is the water spirit subject to the 1 sec cooldown on the active skill after summoning that they added in the last patch? I can imagine that situations where you need a heal, put down a water spirit, and die before that you can heal yourself.
  • Is there a range on the personal heal on the active skill? What if you place the spirit, run out of range, and then try to heal yourself?
  • What if you’re in a mobile fight or moving quickly through a dungeon? Would you have to wait for the spirit to run out before you can cast a new one?
  • What happens if the spirit gets nuked? Or if the spirit just runs out in a long fight like lightning said? Are you just SOL? Would you not get a heal upon spirit death unless it’s traited?

1. I believe cast time for this will be same as other spirits.

2. Healing surge radius is 360, not sure if it will increase if traited.

3. Recharge on skill is 20 seconds, but the uptime is unknown. I’m guessing it will have a recharge time, since all healing skills have a recharge time in game.

4. Spirit radius is 1000 range, if you go out of that then you get no healing from spirit. This build as i see it now is more for spirit rangers it seems, tournament builds, and wvw havoc crews.

if you tried nature build before, you probably know what im talking about.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Veron.8645

They are moving spirits unbound to Master so the mobility shouldn’t be too bad if you have that

I feel like you shouldn’t have to use a master trait just to use a healing skill.

1. I believe cast time for this will be same as other spirits.

In the last patch, all of the spirits got a “Summoning the spirit will now put its activated skill on a 1-second cooldown; this will fix an issue that caused the skill to begin recharging without firing when activated immediately.” change. This has been super annoying because you cannot cast the spirit’s active effect immediately after you summon the spirit. This would suck especially if you’re depending on it to heal you.

Consider this scenario: you’re running around, thief pops out of nowhere and backstabs you. No water spirit down yet. It takes you 1.5 seconds to summon it. Now you have to wait another 1 second before you can heal. So it takes a total of 2.5 seconds for you to heal yourself. Engis don’t have this problem with healing turret because it heals when it deploys.

3. Recharge on skill is 20 seconds, but the uptime is unknown. I’m guessing it will have a recharge time, since all healing skills have a recharge time in game.
4. Spirit radius is 1000 range, if you go out of that then you get no healing from spirit. This build as i see it now is more for spirit rangers it seems, tournament builds, and wvw havoc crews.

There has to be a finite uptime, otherwise your spirit would sit at the beginning of the dungeon forever if it doesn’t die and you can’t cast a new one. But this gives you significantly less flexibility – if your fight ends and you want to move on but your spirit is still alive, you have to wait for it to run out and THEN wait another 20 seconds before you can cast a new one. If you don’t even get the heal when you leave 1000 range, that essentially traps you where your spirit is if you want a heal skill to be available at all.

Veron Oakguard | Wiki: Veron | Reddit: /u/OaksFromAcorns | Vintage Gaming [VG] (JQ) • Attuned [Att]

(edited by Veron.8645)

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

All I have to say is: Rangers? ANet should have called our class Minion Masters or Spirit Masters, or AI Spammers -.-

I wonder whose idea it was to go “hmmm, there is a significant portion of the community complaining about the ranger spirit build, as well as the necro minion build, and just AI clutter in general, calling them petting zoos. Let’s make more skills that do more of the exact same thing.”

Unless the skill is an amazingly good heal skill, I doubt I’ll even unlock it.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

All I have to say is: Rangers? ANet should have called our class Minion Masters or Spirit Masters, or AI Spammers -.-

I wonder whose idea it was to go “hmmm, there is a significant portion of the community complaining about the ranger spirit build, as well as the necro minion build, and just AI clutter in general, calling them petting zoos. Let’s make more skills that do more of the exact same thing.”

+1. Nothing I’m excited about at all. Par for the course for gw2 rangers.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Meh, more spirits. More stuff that could be negated entirely by getting nuked. Why would this be picked over HS which could be blasted repeatedly?

I’m more excited about the elly skill. That sounds perfect when coming out of a tornado. Glad I decked out my nuker.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

This paired with Spirits Unbound after the 12/10 patch may be worthwhile to spirit builds. It would basically be a group-oriented version of the Necro’s Summon Blood Fiend. My main concern is the lack of condition cleansing compared to HS, though I suppose the chance to heal on attack may offset that (unless you simply get nuked with conditions). As for losing the water field, maybe I’m almost always playing with scrubs, but it seems very few people around when I play even know what a combo field is, let alone what to do with one. o_o

New healing skill

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

Meh, more spirits. More stuff that could be negated entirely by getting nuked. Why would this be picked over HS which could be blasted repeatedly?

I’m more excited about the elly skill. That sounds perfect when coming out of a tornado. Glad I decked out my nuker.

They did say that they want more ways for team plays in game, all of these healing skills are team based or are AOE affecting not just the player. I think its a good change (if true) for all classes specially tournament rangers and havoc crews in wvw.

I can make a build on top of my head already for ranger, guard, mesmer, necro, and ele.

New healing skill

in Ranger

AEFA.9035

This paired with Spirits Unbound after the 12/10 patch may be worthwhile to spirit builds. It would basically be a group-oriented version of the Necro’s Summon Blood Fiend. My main concern is the lack of condition cleansing compared to HS, though I suppose the chance to heal on attack may offset that (unless you simply get nuked with conditions). As for losing the water field, maybe I’m almost always playing with scrubs, but it seems very few people around when I play even know what a combo field is, let alone what to do with one. o_o

it is a decent addition, but some people will never like spirits and would see this as useless. if this is true my standard build would be 0-10-30-30-0 in december patch with Water Spirit instead of HS.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMUQNAV8fjEVd1lVWVg2Bi2DN1fMxKYI3jS1pTVyGaC-jkCBINBC1Bm8Gg2AmKBKHqIas12FRjVpET/Ky6YCpSBwk0I-w

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Lets all hope leaked notes are false..
Its so bad to be true, i dont believe that Anet would do such a thing..
I mean its spirits guys, noone would thought of adding another one..We are more than fine with 4..

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

They did say that they want more ways for team plays in game, all of these healing skills are team based or are AOE affecting not just the player. I think its a good change (if true) for all classes specially tournament rangers and havoc crews in wvw.

I can make a build on top of my head already for ranger, guard, mesmer, necro, and ele.

How is it more team based than everyone blasting your HS? And how much could it possibly heal? More than 5 players blasting? More than your elite? I doubt it.

It’s sounds utterly worthless.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

My problem with this spirit is one thing, the one thing that would make me get it over Healing Spring…it doesn’t cure conditions. That is the only thing making me go MEH about this new healing skill. We need more active condition cleanses…

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

My problem with this spirit is one thing, the one thing that would make me get it over Healing Spring…it doesn’t cure conditions. That is the only thing making me go MEH about this new healing skill. We need more active condition cleanses…

Can not be said enough. +1

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Agreed. Last thing we need is more passive and ai based skills..

Not only that, but we already have one the of best team heals in the game. Give us something else.

Stormbluff Isle

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: enkeny.6937

enkeny.6937

If you use spirit build, you will use HS, because you must heal your spirits. water spirit can’t heal your spirits…
Best use in dungeons for support, when there are others fore cure and regeneration.
It will be another skill you must learn how to use it effectively.

New healing skill

in Ranger

achensherd.2735

If you use spirit build, you will use HS, because you must heal your spirits. water spirit can’t heal your spirits…
Best use in dungeons for support, when there are others fore cure and regeneration.

Based on the skill’s description, its active component (Aqua Surge) should be able to heal your spirits (provided they’re in range, of course), though you’re right in that the passive won’t do anything unless your spirits attack (i.e. by using their actives).

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: SirJack.4760

SirJack.4760

No active condition removal and unless you spec into Nature and bring Spirits Unbound, it’s another stationary Heal.

How is this supposed to be a good skill? Stationary heal spots are generally bad in Dungeons and WvW due to mobility being a key factor. Being forced into a defense oriented build isn’t going to help us get into groups either, and my experience with spirits is that they die faster than they can be useful.

New healing skill

in Ranger

achensherd.2735

No active condition removal and unless you spec into Nature and bring Spirits Unbound, it’s another stationary Heal.

How is this supposed to be a good skill? Stationary heal spots are generally bad in Dungeons and WvW due to mobility being a key factor. Being forced into a defense oriented build isn’t going to help us get into groups either, and my experience with spirits is that they die faster than they can be useful.

(Shrug) Last few dungeons I ran people requested Frost Spirit (with Spotter) and we pretty much always stacked. In those circumstances HS would still probably be more viable, but given our lack of practical information about this new skill, specifically how much it heals per attack and per activation, and what (if anything) it might synergize with, all we know without a doubt based on its description is that it lacks condition cleansing.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Hold up, how do we even know if this leak is true? According to the link, the spirit has the exact same icons as our current storm spirit. The photo could’ve easily been edited.

Stormbluff Isle

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: enkeny.6937

enkeny.6937

Based on the skill’s description, its active component (Aqua Surge) should be able to heal your spirits (provided they’re in range, of course), though you’re right in that the passive won’t do anything unless your spirits attack (i.e. by using their actives).

HS gives regeneration. ~250 hps (for support ranger), and can’t be interrupted. (I mean, when you interrupted, you can cast again in a few second, spirits can’t.)

When spirits can’t move, I use sword #2, cast spirit, jump back with sword #2. After combat switch the skill (spirit die) and switch back. I found this the best way using them in dungeons, they hardly die.

(edited by enkeny.6937)

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: iitwinz.1420

iitwinz.1420

Hold up, how do we even know if this leak is true? According to the link, the spirit has the exact same icons as our current storm spirit. The photo could’ve easily been edited.

The information is obtained through the data of the game. The website reuses the same icon for the sake of using one

Server: Sea of Sorrows
IGN: Recommend -lvl 80 Ranger
Guild: Professors [PROF]

New healing skill

in Ranger

Veron.8645

(Shrug) Last few dungeons I ran people requested Frost Spirit (with Spotter) and we pretty much always stacked. In those circumstances HS would still probably be more viable, but given our lack of practical information about this new skill, specifically how much it heals per attack and per activation, and what (if anything) it might synergize with, all we know without a doubt based on its description is that it lacks condition cleansing.

This isn’t at all the same though. Frost Spirit is just for increasing damage. If your Frost Spirit dies or it gets left behind, your DPS will go down but it (generally) won’t kill you. If your Water Spirit dies or gets left behind, you can’t heal anymore. Healing is much more critical than 10% more damage.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Mortec.5684

Mortec.5684

Didn’t mr. Peters wax on about opening up build options for Rangers? Especially towards the power side?

(for the sake of argument – let’s say this Water Spirit thingie is true)
How is this opening up more build options? Is it not just adding to the Spirit Ranger Build™?

gah..

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: iitwinz.1420

iitwinz.1420

Didn’t mr. Peters wax on about opening up build options for Rangers? Especially towards the power side?

How is this opening up more build options? Is it not just adding to the Spirit Ranger Build™?

gah..

You don’t judge one skill introduction to a general statement of Peters’. Variety of build options also refers to change in traits. The healing skill is merely an initial step to promote unpopular builds

Server: Sea of Sorrows
IGN: Recommend -lvl 80 Ranger
Guild: Professors [PROF]

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

gah..

You don’t judge one skill introduction to a general statement of Peters’. Variety of build options also refers to change in traits. The healing skill is merely an initial step to promote unpopular builds

lol, have you seen the changes coming next patch? They don’t adhere to his comments about making power viable either. In fact, all of next patch is just cattering to spirit rangers. All power got was shortbow damage on their short and mid tier longbow shots.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

they give us a new spirit but nerf spirits in each update, makes sense…

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Wild.3847

Wild.3847

I wonder how it will interact with

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Altruism

could be interesting if the cooldown is short

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

the entire profession seems to be sliding towards support and away from any usefulness in direct combat.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

None of the new heal skills cure conditions. A serious oversight imo.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

New healing skill

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

For every other class, no, they’re fine Seras. For Rangers? Oh hell yes this is a severe oversight. We only have 1 active condition cleanse utility (Signet of Renewal, which has a chance of failure), and 1 active condition cleanse heal (Healing Spring, it’s only active because you control when it comes out). This healing skill will never get a use by me because I’d rather have an active condition control than a healing spirit who can get pwned easily.

[hS]

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Yankee.3578

Yankee.3578

The biggest reason this likely won’t get used for PvE is lack of condition removal. I don’t use healing spring for the heal as much as I do for the condition removal.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I would have thought the passive ability should be a condition removal. Remember it has an internal cool down of 10 seconds and the enemy can kill a spirit.

So 2 conditions removed. ICD 10 seconds. 70% on chance to hit.

Remember, you can’t exactly pick WHEN the conditions get removed. It would be 2 because you it is 5 allies after all.

The active (on a 20 second timer) would still be the heal.

Would make rangers have some very important group utility.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I would have thought the passive ability should be a condition removal. Remember it has an internal cool down of 10 seconds and the enemy can kill a spirit.

Remember, you can’t exactly pick WHEN the conditions get removed. It would be 2 because you it is 5 allies after all.

That would be way too broken.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

New healing skill

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I’d say Staff Guardians already have broken down for condition removal. Staff #4, nuff said.

[hS]

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

I’d say Staff Guardians already have broken down for condition removal. Staff #4, nuff said.

What does Staff 4 have to do with Condition removal…?

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

In the last patch, all of the spirits got a “Summoning the spirit will now put its activated skill on a 1-second cooldown; this will fix an issue that caused the skill to begin recharging without firing when activated immediately.” change. This has been super annoying because you cannot cast the spirit’s active effect immediately after you summon the spirit.

I gotta say, after having played with it, I prefer the old bug (which I never experienced – supposedly the spirit would sometimes use its active immediately upon summoning) over this fix.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I wonder how it will interact with

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Altruism

could be interesting if the cooldown is short

That IS an interesting question…

((ponder))

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I have a feeling the skill is gonna give a lot of raw healing power… That being said I really hope we get some condi removal options via traits or something or this heal is still not gonna see much use …

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

New healing skill

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

What does Staff 4 have to do with Condition removal…?

Sorry, I kittened bad. Was thinking healing. XD

[hS]

New healing skill

in Ranger

Bombsaway.7198

Anyone think it is a bit odd to think of a ranger as a the strongest healing class in an MMO? I realize there are no healers per se but this just breaks down all my stereotypes about rangers having bows, fighting at range, being fast and furious and you know. . . .

Not that I won’t enjoy a new heal. It just is odd. Oh, the idea of it working with runes of altruism is interesting!!!! That could be quite interesting.

New healing skill

in Ranger

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

doesn’t our new healing skill seem rather weak compare to other class’ heals?

New healing skill

in Ranger

Bombsaway.7198

Ok, remember with the superior runes of altruism (see above) you only grant 3 stacks of might on heal every 10 seconds. So when you drop it you get it, then at 10 seconds you should get another stack considering it will be 70% on hit. But it is only 3 stacks with basic duration. Sure you will have a few ticks of 6 with even 30% duration if using spirits. Not overpowered.

It will really help the pet that will have 2x your stacks (they take from the runes as well as from the 15 pt nature passive trait). Given our pets are underpowered it is no big deal in terms of fairness.

Where it becomes a problem is in a huge PvE boss fight. That could drive it to a nerf.
Assume your stacks last 15 seconds (easy with just modest +60% boon). Remember, you will be taking spirits anyway so you have +20 at least from nature and +15 at least from the runes.

But if you start maxxing (food buffs, water runes with the 4 altruism), you will have 17 second 3 might stacks where you can add another set of 3 every 10 seconds. Go crazy and change to 4 runes of noble and 2 altruism and you are up to 85% duration increases and now effectively have almost 19 seconds stacks which you can add to every 10 seconds. AND it applies to you and your allies (noble is self only) .

As time goes on, you gain a lot of stacks because you add them faster than they fall off. Talk about ranger group support with a 30/0/10/30/0 build. Wow! Spirits, nature’s voice, the might stacks, 50% uptime 100% endurance regen, a crazy hard etc.

Long fights with the team having 25 might stacks and keeping them? Hmmm. . .

Other than that extreme situation, it should be nice.