New idea for pet changes !!!

in Ranger

Posted by: geekilo.8512

geekilo.8512

I have to say this, my pet is awesome for pve, it will tank mobs, even veteran while i ‘m taking skill point, mobs distraction, etc… But when it come to pvp, pet is kind of mehhh. Especially in zerg vs. zerg, i feel like my pet ’s not going to do any damage, send it in there and it’ll die, not cool.

My idea is that you have the choice to either stow or activate your pet depend on the situation(Pve, PvP, Zerg vs. Zerg, 1 vs.1 …); when your pet is not on the field, you gain a special passive or buff depend on what pet you choose, and whenever you needed for the pet F2 u can activate them. You can stow or activate your pet whenever u like (even in combat).

Example:
Wolf – Terrifying Howl : When stow, you gain 10% chance to cause fear (1sec) upon getting hit (30sec cool-down). When activate, it still have the same F2, fear for 2.5 sec with 45 sec cool-down.
Owl – Chilling Slash : When stow, you gain 10% chance to cause chill (3sec) (25sec cool-down) on hit. When the pet is activated, it still have the same F2 .
Pink Moa – Dazing Screech : When stow, you gain 10% to chance to cause daze (1sec) upon getting hit (25sec cool-down). When activate the pet, Anet, you need to fix this, i can hardly land any daze with my moa.
Krytan Drakehound – Intimidating Howl- When stow, you gain 10% chance to snare your target for 1.5sec ( 30sec cool-down). When activated, it still have the same F2.

in Ranger

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Anet already stated they would not let us get rid of the pet. Sorry for breaking your idea, although it’s not the worst.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Khayoss.2019

Khayoss.2019

It’s a good idea, although it’s not new. The unfortunate thing is that pets could be a lot better just with better AI. That’s not really fixable at this point though, and WvW clashes negate even the best pet AI I’ve seen in other games. Perma-stow would go a long way towards fixing it, but as Treeline said, it may be something we never see.

Khayoss / Khayotica / Mistasia
Ehmry Bay – The Rally Bot Vortex [VOID]

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I have my own idea: new types of pets that can’t deal or receive damage, and instead do the sort of thing that you’re suggesting. These could be things like frogs, lizards, mice, rats, weasels, snakes, etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

I have my own idea: new types of pets that can’t deal or receive damage, and instead do the sort of thing that you’re suggesting. These could be things like frogs, lizards, mice, rats, weasels, snakes, etc.

I actually really like this idea. Pets that acted more like Warrior banners that followed you around and had an active ability of some sort….

You.. I like you.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Just up ranger damage and reduce pet damage so the ratio isn’t so out of what.
Increase the attack range of pets so they can actually hit things that are moving.
Allow all F2 abilities to fire off instantly with no cooldown/aftercast so they don’t interrupt anything else and don’t get delayed by anything else.

This isn’t that difficult. Once you get this far, if you want to give us control of a secondary skill, that would be great. If it’s really a system limitation through the AI because you can’t add a box, then simply remove the recall pet command and use a simple ‘IF’ statement so attack and recall are on the same command.

in Ranger

geekilo.8512

It’s a good idea, although it’s not new. The unfortunate thing is that pets could be a lot better just with better AI. That’s not really fixable at this point though, and WvW clashes negate even the best pet AI I’ve seen in other games. Perma-stow would go a long way towards fixing it, but as Treeline said, it may be something we never see.

Can u give me the link to the page that anet talks about not getting rid of pet o.o ??

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

It was in an interview awhile back if I remember correctly. Maybe after they get a new dev team we will have the ability to stow. I like playing the ranger more than my other lvl 80s, but I hate the pet. Especially because they can’t fix the AI, the AoE pet problem, no pet dodge, pathing, etc. Anyway, I am a glass half full kinda guy, so I will hold out hope that eventually change their course and give us Preparations option instead of pets.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Can u give me the link to the page that anet talks about not getting rid of pet o.o ??

They said it for the first like 4 months after launch and constantly throughout beta yet the ranger community still can’t grasp the concept of us never losing the pet…. That being said our pet does need better balancing, especially in PvE, the Guantlet (last boss mainly) is making that blatantly apparent…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Just up ranger damage and reduce pet damage so the ratio isn’t so out of what.
Increase the attack range of pets so they can actually hit things that are moving.
Allow all F2 abilities to fire off instantly with no cooldown/aftercast so they don’t interrupt anything else and don’t get delayed by anything else.

This isn’t that difficult. Once you get this far, if you want to give us control of a secondary skill, that would be great. If it’s really a system limitation through the AI because you can’t add a box, then simply remove the recall pet command and use a simple ‘IF’ statement so attack and recall are on the same command.

This guy wins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I agree ditch the pet they are kitten.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

I actually really like this idea. Pets that acted more like Warrior banners that followed you around and had an active ability of some sort….

You.. I like you.

Thank you. I have to admit, though, that some of my motive is quite selfish…I really want a pet weasel!

in Ranger

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

I LOVE this idea, i hate my pet and everything about them, i could really go for this idea of a passive effect while stowed

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

You.. I like you.

Thank you. I have to admit, though, that some of my motive is quite selfish…I really want a pet weasel!

Let’s be honest…who doesn’t?

IT COULD EVEN RIDE ON YOUR SHOULDER…

./end thread we solved the problem.

Guild Leader

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Good suggestion.
One thing is sure: Pets needs overhaul ASAP.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

You.. I like you.

Keep the thread going…the problem is solved, now we need the solution to find its way into the game.

in Ranger

geekilo.8512

You.. I like you.

Keep the thread going…the problem is solved, now we need the solution to find its way into the game.

SPREAD THIS IDEA GUYS !!!!!!

in Ranger

Castaliea.3156

You.. I like you.

Shameless bump!
lol

Guild Leader

in Ranger

geekilo.8512

You.. I like you.

Shameless bump!
lol

Attachments: