New rune possibilties!

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Everyone see the new runes other than the ESpec specific ones?

Superior rune of Leadership:*
+30% Boon duration, +36 all stats, when using an elite convert 2 condis aoe into boons (45s CD)
_Now, that looks truely amazing for a Ranger with WK and Entangle or RT and SoTP!
Celestial gear perhaps because of the stats? Probably work with a lot of things. That’s 50% boon duration with Nature Magic, 70% if you use food too. Pretty sweet.

Superior Rune of Durability
+175 Toughness, +125 Vitality, +20% Boon Duration, Apply AoE prot and regen (3s) and resistance (1s) on hit with a 20s ICD
Could be a viable option for low vit amulets like Crusader or even for a really tanky Marauder setup.

The Daredevil rune also excites me because the (6) bonus is auto crit after a dodge roll (effect lasts 8s) and it has NO ICD! That will be great for GS and Melee builds, combined with Intel sigil, Remorseless, 2HT, there will be absolutely no need for precision, Crusader/Cavalier all the way!

The Scrapper runes would also be a decent use for us, the 7% damage reduction is significant, especially if you are playing fairly squishy ranged builds, or for really tanky Remorseless Melee builds. Plus, it has 175 Power and 100 toughness too.

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

+30% Boon duration, +36 all stats, when using an elite convert 2 condis aoe into boons (45s CD)
_Now, that looks truely amazing for a Ranger with WK and Entangle or RT and SoTP!
Celestial gear perhaps because of the stats? Probably work with a lot of things. That’s 50% boon duration with Nature Magic, 70% if you use food too. Pretty sweet.

Superior Rune of Durability
+175 Toughness, +125 Vitality, +20% Boon Duration, Apply AoE prot and regen (3s) and resistance (1s) on hit with a 20s ICD
Could be a viable option for low vit amulets like Crusader or even for a really tanky Marauder setup.

The Daredevil rune also excites me because the (6) bonus is auto crit after a dodge roll (effect lasts 8s) and it has NO ICD! That will be great for GS and Melee builds, combined with Intel sigil, Remorseless, 2HT, there will be absolutely no need for precision, Crusader/Cavalier all the way!

The Scrapper runes would also be a decent use for us, the 7% damage reduction is significant, especially if you are playing fairly squishy ranged builds, or for really tanky Remorseless Melee builds. Plus, it has 175 Power and 100 toughness too.

Yep, there are also the poison rune and the lightning field on elite rune(forgot names).

Like you, I think remorsless builds making a comback. Deardevil rune looks amazing, the druid trait line adding the build extra needed survivability and even a daze synrgie with aichent seeds.
AND…. Dont forst the tiger, tiger F2 is the best way to combo huge damage burst after bushing from behind/interupting + maul.
Somthing like:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAR8XjEqQLLWyCWsAXLW+DM4zab9uu86yABgm+VNYHUyxCD-T5AHABA8EAUuMwAXEAA

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Hmm, I have not seen the other runes, info is a bit light on the ground atm with everything new that has come out.

Yah, Hilt bash just got good, even if you use it with no target in range, just so the Tiger gets the buff

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Template:Rune
look for:
rune of surging
rune of thorns

Surging can also be nice on a daze build, it actually very nice way to swap sword AA + QZ(daze every sec) Same thing can be done with lighting weyvern that;s why I also added it to the build.

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Template:Rune
look for:
rune of surging
rune of thorns

Surging can also be nice on a daze build, it actually very nice way to swap sword AA + QZ(daze every sec) Same thing can be done with lighting weyvern that;s why I also added it to the build.

Surging adds Shocking Aura on elite skill use. I don’t quite get where you are going with sword AA and QZ though, or wyvern. What do you mean?

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Just created to topic on this. Pounce used to be a leap so i thought going carzy AA in weyvern field will create daze chain attacks(like scrappper) but it seems they removed the leap. Same with shocking aura, you can get a chan if dazes.

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Oh, well, the shocking Aura stuns people within 240 radius when you are struck 1s per target with a 2s ICD per target. So it would combo pretty nicely with Entangle and Ancient Seeds if you were taking hits. Mass immob field.

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

When using WHaO, Rune of the Heralds #4 (protection on heal) for 2 seconds, provides you with an additional 3 seconds of protection if the pet receives the buff when using NM, with a 10 second ICD. That’s 5 seconds protection every 16 if traited, plus regen and swiftness.

(edited by Zatoichi.1049)

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’ve been running Rune of Aristocracy in PvP on my celestial build. It’s condition damage, 45% might duration, and 3 stacks of might on heal. Works really well on might stacking based builds.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

When using WHaO, Rune of the Heralds #4 (protection on heal) for 2 seconds, provides you with an additional 3 seconds of protection if the pet receives the buff when using NM, with a 10 second ICD. That’s 5 seconds protection every 16 if traited, plus regen and swiftness.

Hmm, that is quite nice too! Combo that with Wilderness Survival minors and PW…

Oh, I didn’t realise it is actually AoE protection! Even better, buff allies as well.

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I’ve been running Rune of Aristocracy in PvP on my celestial build. It’s condition damage, 45% might duration, and 3 stacks of might on heal. Works really well on might stacking based builds.

Yep, this build is probably even better without the druid trait line(WS/NM/BM)

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Are these in game yet?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

New rune possibilties!

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

In sPvP, I’ve been using this rune ever since HoT dropped. Natural Stride for +33% movment speed, Lingering Magic + 30% Boon Duration increase for 50% total makes Might stacking pretty easy. But not just Might stacking…every Boon has a 50% increase in duration. QZ/Superspeed for 9 seconds is not to be messed with.

+ The Elite proc where it converts 2 condis into Boons. Add that to WS for 4x condi clear every 45 Seconds.

tldr, I don’t use any other runes for my power build.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~